Wow our board is very quiet lately!

grover

DIS Veteran
So what is everyone up to these days? I noticed that the boards have been very quiet lately! I have been busy getting my house in shape for company, doing some spring cleaning and taking our son to sports activites! Doesn't leave alot of time for much else! I am looking forward to the long weekend this weekend and the following weekend DH and DS have something planned together so I think I will have myself a little crop night! Happy Scrapping!
Grover in Winnipeg
:D :smooth: :D

I've been scrapping, but not Disney stuff - I was trying to do an album for my dad's birthday (June 25th), but I'm only about half done, and we are moving house next week and then going to Orlando for 2 weeks after that, so I don't know when I will have time to finish the album - he may just get a half done album...

Bev

I've been so busy with the kids lately I hardly have time to think, let alone DIS. :D I normally DIS during the day and drive kids around all evening, but lately I don't even have much free time in the day. We're down to the last few days of school and have some special activity every day. Today Chelsea has a field trip to the zoo and I have a PTA luncheon to attend. Tomorrow is field day. Monday is another trip to the park for the end of the six weeks. Wednesday is awards, final exams and early dismissal. Thursday is finals, early dismissal and the last day of school! WooHoo! This schedule has me :jester: :D

If anyone needs anything, or the boards need any attention, please email me at LisaTX@wdwinfo.com I check my email all of the time. :)

I have been doing Weight Watchers so I've been avoiding looking for recipes like the ones I would usually post here.

Lost 9 pounds so far.

You all have been very busy! Bev- both a move and a trip to disney-how exciting!! How long will you be at Disney? I did a gift album for my mom last christmas- I did it in record time- a few weeks! However it only had 20 pages- 8.5x11 and I had it all pretty much planned out so it went quickly! Lisa- Kids are out of school already?? My DS is not done until the end of June! His school activities are starting to increase as well,project,track and field, marathon club,chess club ect! Beth-- congrats on your 9 pounds!! I would love to lose a few as well, have been walking and watching my diet a little closer, notice the pants are getting looser! I don't regularily weigh myself so I don't what the number are!
Have a great day!
Grover in Winnipeg
:D

hi grover, we will be in Orlando 17 days, although we are only staying onsite for the last 3 nights, before that we are staying in a friends villa.

we booked the holiday months ago - decided to move about 3 months ago, and would you believe it's all happening at the same time!

dad's album is supposed to be '60 memories for 60 years' and I've done about 25 memories so far, but lots of them are on one collage style page. I think maybe I need to throw in a couple more collage pages!

Bev

Hi - My name is Janice and I'm a lurker! LOL

Actually I moderate on the UK dis - so Bev knows me well, but I have recently discovered the wonderful world of Scrapbooking and I think Bev is single handedly promoting the craft here in the UK. She most definetly is the best ambassador for the hobby the UK could have - she is so enthusiastic. Her encouragement and information have been invaluable and would like to thank her for all the help she has given me :)

I am currently working through my picture albums and scrapping those that are my favourites. I have done about 16 pages so far - been doing it for about 6 weeks now - and love every single minute of it. I dont have any website so cant show you any that I have done, unless I could paste any here - I dont know if I can do that?

I am married to Chris - we have two children who are 25 and 22 (so not really kiddies anymore - well, you would think anyway!!LOL) and my daughter (22) has just moved out of home into her own flat. DS is moving out in a couple of weeks - and then DH and I are moving house too on June 7th - we are buying a house in the Countryside and hopefully will run our business and take things a bit easier - hence more time for my new hobby :D :D :D

I am off to WDW next Tuesday for a week for a Girlie holiday with Shirley - my co-moderator on the UK Dis and I cant wait. I have been practising with my new Digital Camera so that I can take lots of pictures and hopefully will produce some good Disney spreads :)

Well - now I have de-lurked officially - look out for more enquiring posts from me :)

Nice to join you and I look forward to getting to know a whole new set of friends :D

Bev - I love that idea of 60 memories for 60 years. My partner turns 40 next year and I may try something like that. As for me, I check in daily, but haven't been on the computer much. I didn't scrap any in April, but have picked back up some in May. I have completed 3 of our last 4 trips (will start working on the June 2001 trip soon, as I must have it finished before we go in November, 2002). Happy Scrappin' to all!!

Lisa

I have been very busy with "end of school year activities" such as Teacher Appreciation luncheons, gifts, field trips etc...Also my paper piecing "business" celebrated it's 1 year "birthday" on National Scrapbook Day, so I've been busy with the celebration for that, as well as coming up with new ideas and designs, and trying to complete several custom orders. My husband has decided it is his mission to have the best looking lawn on our street, so against my wishes (and allergies!) I have been helping him work in the yard a lot. Of course my personal scrapbooking has been severely neglected. I told my husband as we were working in the yard last night my new motto is "I'd rather be scrapbooking" I find myself saying that alot lately, when I'm doing things I don't want to be doing :D If I can make it through next week's last week of school activities, and dance recital, then hopefully I will have time to work on my albums, and computer time too!!

Take Care,
Candi

Yes, Grover, 5 more days! :D Of course they have to go back August 11 or somewhere around there. Texas is weird that way. :rolleyes: :)

Congrats on the weight loss, Beth. That's wonderful. :) I get hungry when I read the recipe threads too.

Welcome, Janice. It's about time you delurked. ;) :D

Hi everyone!
Welcome Janice! Glad you are here!
I have been busy too but I have definately around here! I am on the search of the perfect scrap book! LOL!
Bev I ordered a book from SIAS! So as soon as it comes I will let you know what I think!
We are so busy with the kids, I have 2. today was game day at my DS preschool and next week is his last week! YIPPIE! I can't wait! We have his class picnic on Tue at my house so lots of little kids will be running around! I finally finished my flower beds! So just have to fix up the yard!
I try to scrap when ever I can! Making a slow dent in my pile of pictures! My goal is to be caught up by the end of summer! Big dreams! LOL!

Must just be that time of year for everybody! I keep telling myself "I'll squeeze in some scrapping this afternoon" and then something else always comes up. ARGH!
Janice- Welcome!
Bev- I am SO JEALOUS of your trip!!! Have some fun for me too.:D
ann

Janice, I'm blushing...

but honestly, I figure that if I keep going on about it, eventually I will find a scrapper close enough to me to crop with! It has to happen one day, right?

Bev

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome - I feel so at home already - and with the amount of pictures I have in readiness to scrap - I'll be here forever :D :D :D

Bev ---- you never know, I'm moving further North, so you just have to get a bit more southerly! LOL ;)

I have just returned from a short holiday but I noticed before I left that the board was a bit quiet. I just attributed it to the weather getting nice and the end of the year things for the kids. I don't have little ones anymore but I do remember that the end of the year was always hectic.

I have started preparing for the Disney class I will be teaching. It is a new class so I have been working on the lesson plan. It will also help me get to that last Disney book I have been putting off for some time.

Chessie, I can't wait to hear about your Disney class. I'm planning on coming to it, as long as it's a time I can make. Don't forget to let me know!

I've been trying to learn paper piecing. Some are coming out ok. I'm just not pleased when I have to draw the faces freehand on them. I'm just practicing away, my disney trip isn't until November, I just want to be prepared to start my books when I get back.

I've also thought about beginning a "family history" album. My MOI and mom will both be visiting within the month, so I think I can get some pics and good information from them to begin. Not sure yet what kind of undertaking I'm going to get myself in on these. I keep busy enough now trying to keep up on my three boys' books.

Happy Scrappin'!

Hi Pammy Jo,
When will you be at WDW in November? We are also going in November,from the 7th to the 18th, I still need to book our rooms but we will most likely spend 8 days at one of the allstars and 3 days at CBR or POFQ, I just can't decide!!!
Grover in Winnipeg
:D :smooth: :D

We're going November 9-17th and staying at the new Beach Club Villas. We can't wait!!! My boys will be 5, 4 and 1 and we plan on using stormalong bay quite a bit with them so we figured it would be worth staying there. We stayed at all-star movies last December and they really enjoyed the toy story section. Only six months to go, but who's counting??!!

I'm back around. It's been busy with the end of school. Now, if I can just get my turn with the computer once in a while I should be around a little more often. Haven't scrapped much at all lately. Need to get back to work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts