Wow, I'm so glad I took all you advice!!

jelo

Preparing for our Universally Magical vacation
I booked my flight way earlier than I initially planned to, because of the advice from this board... my parents suggested I wait as fares go down..:sad2:

We are flying with SW on March 3-13th, for $159. each way:thumbsup2

I just checked and the flight is sold out and it's $359. now for a later timeslot!:banana:

Now I feel like I got a deal!!:yay:

Thanks for all your experience everyone!:grouphug:

That may have been the way it was pre 2008 as we did a few times, but now there are fewer flights and smaller planes. Not much oppertunity to get a great rate.
Let your parents know those days may be gone for quite awhile.

In all fairness to your parents, surely they didn't mean that you should wait until just a few days before your flight?? Virtually ALL airfare goes up within 7 days of departure and most go up within 14 days of departure.

(Fares are not terribly predictable and IME they do sometimes go down about 3-4 months prior but this isn't a hard-and-fast rule, so when you see a price you're willing to pay, it isn't a bad idea to just pay it. If you aren't flying a carrier that will refund the difference if the price drops, then just don't look back!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter