Wow I almost missed the disney visa promotion change

yeahdisney

DIS Veteran
I didn't realize the 0 finance rules had changed for the disney vacations financing. I called today to make sure I just needed to pay the entire amount charged minus my promotion dollars. I went ahead and called visa to verify. She told me it changed Feb 2010- you need also to pay the minimun payment due amount also -to avoid finance charges. We normally pay it off each month I would of been mad at myself if I would of had to pay charges too cause I just had not added the minumum amount too. D

I didn't realize the 0 finance rules had changed for the disney vacations financing. I called today to make sure I just needed to pay the entire amount charged minus my promotion dollars. I went ahead and called visa to verify. She told me it changed Feb 2010- you need also to pay the minimun payment due amount also -to avoid finance charges. We normally pay it off each month I would of been mad at myself if I would of had to pay charges too cause I just had not added the minumum amount too. D

That doesn't make any sense whatsoever...
Let's say you have a Disney Promotional Balance of $500.00 and you Charged an additional $1000.00 on other stuff = $1500.00
The minimum payment is 2% = $30.00
So if you pay what you charged, $1000.00 PLUS the $30.00 minimum the $30.00 will go towards reducing the promotional 0% balance.
Are you sure she didn't tell you that you have to pay AT LEAST the minimum charge on regular balances.so you don't accrue interest on the promotional charge???

I didn't pay ours off for 3 months and didn't have any finance charges.

I think the new federal laws require there to be at least minimum payments due on these types of promotions.

Well I called the visa company 3 times, the first two times the employee said pay the non vacation amount in total and the min balance required. But that just did not seem to me- that was the offer 6 months 0 financing so I called the 3rd time and the last employee said no just pay the non vacation balance. I went with that. I just opened my new visa bill and no finance charge s0 they are just a little c0nfused. D

I think they are more then confused. Seem to be since the new laws went into effect. Everything was messed up on my statement at one point but didn't show in their computer that way. Mine truely is still 0% for 6 months. I charge all our daily expenses and pay them off monthly. Have had 3 different disney vacation on since February and not an issue yet. First one is paid off, 2nd will be in a couple of days and the 3rd I have a while left.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter