Wow Going to Alaska - help me choose

sarahandgreg

Mouseketeer
So excited just booked the last Alaska cruise of 2013!

Now am so confused about port adventures and need help so here goes:

I see Adventures by Disney offer some amazing port adventures - i want to know how I can book these? I booked my cruise through DCL not Adventures by Disney - does this make a difference?

I guess what I mean is ABD offer things like private helicopter and dog sledding adventures, ziplining, etc etc. DCL offer different port adventures - which also look good, but I prefer the ABD trips. Do I have to have booked the cruise through ABD to experience these trips?

When I called ABD they said to book the ABD trips through DCL but she was not sure - now I am confused - I want to get this right - can anyone help?

To do the ABD excursions, you have to book the ABD add on package. This can be added to the cruise you have already booked (and it is very costly).

Many of the excursions can be booked outside of the ABD package, either thru DCL or private vendors. Check out shoretrips.com. We used them in Alaska and found them to be great...as well as about 30% less than booking thru the cruise line. MINIMALLY more effort as we had to follow their instructions to meet up with our guide rather than having instructions like "go to Promenade lounge"

As kcashner said, the ABD excursions is actually an add-on package to your cruise. It's basically an ABD tour where the hotel is the cruise ship. You have to sign up for the ABD for the length of the cruise. You'll have activities with ABD throughout the cruise, even on sea days, and the services of the Adventure Guides. All transportation, activities & meals in port are handled by ABD. There are other benefits, such as having all your tips paid (servers, stateroom host, bus driver, etc, except for the Adventure Guide's tips), you get a CD with all photos taken by Shutters and the Adventure Guides, etc.

They are not separate excursions that can be booked independently. You can call DCL and find out what the charge is for the add-on for your cruise (if there's still availability. They limit it to around 40 people.) You'll book it through DCL as an add-on to your reservation.

Sayhello

I was going to post this also, along with the fact that you might want to do a search for the Alaska ABD. From what I remember there was a discussion about the pricing being the same with less than the previous year. I saw more posts about frustration with the program.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter