WOW! Check out the Fairytale Package!

Someone correct me if I am wrong, but is this such a great deal? Take the AKL package for example--
2 adults for 7nights std. view @ $1479.07--

that's a total of 211.30 per day for two people

Okay, compare that to historical codes--

AKL std. view value season, 139.00/nt.

difference between historical code rate and pkg.-- $72.30 per day

so an adult is geting an UPH for $36.00/day

To someone planning to go to a park 7 out of 7 days, this is a good deal. However, what if you arrive late on the first day and leave early on the last? You get a 5 day UPH for 253.05 (7*36.15)

Still a good deal, I guess, if the people planned on going to parks other than the theme parks.

For the person only intending to go to the 4 themeparks for 5 days, a parkhopper is cheaper than this price.

So, I guess it makes me sad when everyone gushes over Disney reducing the historical discounts offered to its guests....

I totally agree with Jaygatz. My husband and I were planning on taking our 4 year old to WDW in October. 7 nights is way too long and I had hoped for some good, basic room only discounts. Apparently, this will not be. The UPH is overpriced in my mind. Now my "cheap" trip will not be so cheap. We'll probably just have to wait until November or December.

I guess I'm on the flip side of that coin. No discount so far, before this one, had applied to BCV. While this one didn't cover a 2-bedroom, it did cover two 1-bedroom ones and a studio, and I can still keep searching for a discount on the 2-bedroom.

I already had the reservations, and when this discount was applied, we saved enough to pay for the studio with some left over. I'm new at all of this, haven't ever experienced "codes" or any other kind of discount, so I'm just happy to have saved some money from the original reservation.

Does this package price include UHPs for every member of your party? We are a family of 5 (would be 4 "adults" and 1 child as far as Disney tix are concerned) so if the pkg price includes tix for all, its a really good deal for us. Even if we don't go to the parks every day (probably 5 out of the 7), I believe it still works out in our favor.

Someone please tell me if I'm wrong.....????

Sammy

was for two adults. The price would increase with every extra adult and child as packages are priced per night per person. I don't know for sure but, again using the prices for AKL, I would guess that since the AKL rate is based on two adults, adding 2 more adults would double the stated price of 1479.07.

"buy a 4-night package (room & Ultimate Park Hopper passes), get a 7-night package (room & Ultimate Park Hopper passes)! Yep, that's like getting 3 nights of hotel and tickets for FREE -- or to put it another way, it's about 43% off your room and tickets for a 7-night stay! The offer is for those checking into a Disney Resort from July 4, 2003 through October 30, 2003. "

"buy a 4-night package (room & Ultimate Park Hopper passes), get a 7-night package (room & Ultimate Park Hopper passes)! Yep, that's like getting 3 nights of hotel and tickets for FREE -- or to put it another way, it's about 43% off your room and tickets for a 7-night stay! The offer is for those checking into a Disney Resort from July 4, 2003 through October 30, 2003. "

So, do you think it's a value?

Well we're not planning on going and I can't find the rates anywhere. If I were going at that time I think I would definitely look into it if the UPH are included. It sounds as if you are paying for 4 nights and 4 day parkhoppers and getting 7 nights and 7 day parkhoppers (or Length of stay hoppers).

I think it is a great value - for ME. Now everyone will have to way this out for themselves. I had a 7 night stay at WL booked for this July and we were going to get 4 day PH just to keep the cost down. Total for room and tickets based off last year's code rate was $1571 including tax. This package for the same time cost me $1621, only $50 more to get 3-4 more days in the parks plus water parks for 2 adults and 1 child. So for me it was well worth it, but for some it won't be and if you stay less than 7 nights it won't be. I think this will definitely be a more individual decision than the codes were in the past. Also, codes for late July and August came out the first week in April last year. They are not out yet for this year and it is the first of May. It could be that Disney is trying something different than the codes for this time period. They may wait to see how this package plays out before releasing codes. This may spark a lot of people that were going for less than 7 days to rebook for more nights and that means less rooms available when the codes do come out. It is like playing Russian Roulette this year.;)

So, did I jump the gun by booking the Courtyard by Marriott in DTD for 20.03 rate in Sept? We're staying for 9 nights. Planning on doing WDW for 5 days; SeaWorld and Kennedy Space Center/beach for two days. Breakfasts are included. I know I need to just pencil-and-paper this out, you know, run the numbers, but I'm just wondering how others who booked the CBM rate are feeling right now!

Thanks

ok, I'm slow and used to looking dumb so this won't hurt my feelings at all:

I have myself, dh and dd, 14. We already have 6 ph days on passes (6 total-not for each person). I can get AK for $1479. for 7 days...and *3* days of UPH for two of us. So that means I will have to purchase 2-4 day hoppers in addition to this price, right? to be able to go to the parks. Approx cost $1879.

AND do the days on these free hoppers expire? Just trying to figure it out here.

I have CBM for $49 in November (my preferred time to go) for 5 nites and $20.03 for one = a total of $265.03 for that. AKL for $377 for two nites. Altogether $642.03. 2 5 day hoppers $500. $1142.5 total.

Ok, I guess I just figured it out...I will save over $700 (our entire food or souvenir budget) by sticking with the plans I have now.

Thanks for your help.

:smooth:

OR does that $1479 include the price of hoppers??? If so, that is a great deal.

Originally posted by TracyIdaho
So, did I jump the gun by booking the Courtyard by Marriott in DTD for 20.03 rate in Sept? We're staying for 9 nights. Planning on doing WDW for 5 days; SeaWorld and Kennedy Space Center/beach for two days. Breakfasts are included. I know I need to just pencil-and-paper this out, you know, run the numbers, but I'm just wondering how others who booked the CBM rate are feeling right now!

Thanks

NO WAY!!! How many days did you get your $20.03 rate for? Just multiply that times the $20.03, plus add the other days that you got a higher rate for. Then add in the price of whatever Disney tickets you are buying (just for 2 adults to make it fair :) ). Now are you anywhere NEAR the total price for the Fairytale Package??? I doubt it! :)

We booked *2* rooms at the CBM at their special rate and even counting the days that we could not get that rate, we are still paying less than $600 for our *2* rooms for 7 nights. Even if we added in the price of 7 day hoppers pluses for 4 adults (to make it fair ;) ) Disney can't TOUCH that price for 2 rooms!

Enjoy your great rate at the CBM! :)

Beansmom,

I believe that you get Unlimited Magic Passes for 7 (8?) days for the Fairytale package. They are tied to your stay and expire on the day that you check out. So you would be unable to purchase UMPs for less than the time that you are staying.

If you are interested in this package, you should hold onto the hoppers that you have left for another trip.

Cro just quoted me $1478.39 at the All Star Movies or $1,694.29 for the Car. Beach resort. This is for 2 adults and 2 juniors. This is for 7 nights hotel and umps for 8 days. I think it s a great price. good luck everyone! The dates i used were 8/10-8/17.

benebire,

I agree, it IS a great price! :)

(Here is how I figured it. Subtract$ 553 (that's $79 times 7 - a good rate for summer for the All Stars) and got $925. So you are getting 4 UMPs for 8 days for about $231 average. You can't complain about that! :) )

Is it just for Disney Club members still? Does anyone know when it is available to the general public?

FreshTreesa

When I called today to get the Fairytale Package I asked the CM when it went public and she said May11 Sunday.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter