Wow, 30 min on hold...

MouseinMelbourne

DIS Veteran
Is this normal for Silver Opening Day? I called right at 8am and am still on hold. I just want to change the room I just booked (which was open before 8am!). I feel bad for people needing to actually book on the phone!

Is this normal for Silver Opening Day? I called right at 8am and am still on hold. I just want to change the room I just booked (which was open before 8am!). I feel bad for people needing to actually book on the phone!

I would be one of those. Had to wake up early here on the West Coast. On the phone right at 8am EST. Trying not to fall asleep as my cat lies here next to me snoring. Little brat.

I would be one of those. Had to wake up early here on the West Coast. On the phone right at 8am EST. Trying not to fall asleep as my cat lies here next to me snoring. Little brat.

Oh you poor thing! Good lord, it's early for you. As inconvenient as this is, I really hope you get a person before I do.

After all that, I kept checking to see if the staterooms were getting booked and they'd open up starboard. They did! I was able to switch to the room I wanted online. yay! Just hung up, so you are one step closer, Tasmen. Good luck!!!

After all that, I kept checking to see if the staterooms were getting booked and they'd open up starboard. They did! I was able to switch to the room I wanted online. yay! Just hung up, so you are one step closer, Tasmen. Good luck!!!

I got through. Took about 37 minutes for me to get someone and book what I wanted. :) Now I can join the cat and start snoring again.

I called right at 8 to switch from an Sept cruise to a Oct cruise. It said I had less than a 6 min wait at the beginning. That was almost an hour ago. :rolleyes2 At least I got through this time. When I called in March for the Sept cruise, I couldn't even get through for 45 mins...then had a 1.5 wait on hold.

Guess I got lucky! I called in on the dot of 8 AM, got straight through to an agent with no hold time whatsoever, and was done booking by 8:15. Turns out the cast member grew up a few miles from where I live. Small world!

I finally got through about an hour and 10 mins after I called at 8AM. The room I wanted was taken but we got the one next to it. Eh, not horrible and def better than last time.

Guess I got lucky! I called in on the dot of 8 AM, got straight through to an agent with no hold time whatsoever, and was done booking by 8:15. Turns out the cast member grew up a few miles from where I live. Small world!

We got lucky too! We called to book a placeholder on the 10th, and was done at 8:25. Called today to add a room because MIL and DH's aunt may join us, and I was done by 8:20.

When is Disney going to move into the 21st century and upgrade their website so you can do all of the changes online.

We haven’t cruised with DCL since 2013, but back then you could choose any room you wanted by plugging in the stateroom number online. They actually went backwards and I don’t understand it.

I don’t get why it takes so long to call any Disney phone line. Minimum wait I’ve ever had was 15 or 20 minutes. 😕 I have had to call Disneyland Paris 3 times about our reservation there and dreaded the expense but the longest I had to wait was 3 minutes and my request took just another 2. Wish the US Disney reservation lines were that quick!

After a 1 hour, 50 minute wait time (yes, you read that correctly), I was able to get through. I had placed a hold online for a cabin on the Oct. 22, 2020 cruise (Disney Magic), but had a question regarding how to apply the "future cruise deposit" I'd paid on a December 2018 cruise on the Disney Dream. So, after waiting (and waiting and waiting . . . ), the agent told I would have to contact my travel agent for assistance since we'd booked our December 2018 cruise through a travel agent (and DCL had applied our future cruise deposit as being travel agent-booked). Arrrggh!

Oh, well . . . lesson learned for me. Still looking forward to this cruise, though!

After a 1 hour, 50 minute wait time (yes, you read that correctly), I was able to get through. I had placed a hold online for a cabin on the Oct. 22, 2020 cruise (Disney Magic), but had a question regarding how to apply the "future cruise deposit" I'd paid on a December 2018 cruise on the Disney Dream. So, after waiting (and waiting and waiting . . . ), the agent told I would have to contact my travel agent for assistance since we'd booked our December 2018 cruise through a travel agent (and DCL had applied our future cruise deposit as being travel agent-booked). Arrrggh!

Oh, well . . . lesson learned for me. Still looking forward to this cruise, though!

It's definitely annoying, especially if you didn't remember this part! But yeah DCL makes you stick with the agent you chose on the placeholder (fair enough!) - hope you got it all worked out now!

I called at 10am and I was on hold for 1 hour and 15 minutes. I thought it would have been longer.

Eeesh.

Our cruise is in 10 days and I kept meaning to call to update our allergy info (it changed since I called it in). Thought I had another few days, and I didn't realized I would run into an opening day booking!

Hopefully things will die down a bit by Monday. The first time cruiser opening day holds have to be paid by Sunday night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter