Wounded Warrior/Purple Heart Marine

brennanfamily2004

Earning My Ears
Has anyone with a Wounded Warrior ever sailed? We are going on a 4 night cruise coming up in a couple weeks and I am just trying to brace myself for what might lie ahead.

My DH is a disable, Purple HEart Marine Corps Veteran. He has severe PTSD, Moderate TBI, and some physical limitations. If any of you have someone in your life with these or other war related ailments, please let me know if there is anything I can expect.

I can't answer your question, but I look forward to being on the cruise with you and your family. If you have any specific questions regarding the cruise, I may be able to answer them. Thank you to your DH and your family for his service.

Mom of a special needs kiddo with PTSD and a few other diagnoses.

In the theatre they shoot streamers out toward the audience on a regular basis.

Also the use of the dry ice fog makes a loud noise.
There are some very bright sudden lights in several of the shows that could startle.

Pirate show was okay as it was pirates so the unexpected things were expected if that makes sense.

If in a wheelchair- you need to be at show entrance 30 minutes ahead for priority seating/

May you have a wonderful cruise

You can request a table just for your family. I can't remember who you call but hopefully someone here can point you in the right direction.

I did this on our last cruise. My husband lost some of his hearing while in Iraq and has a difficult time in loud situations.

God bless you and your husband. I hope you have a wonderful time. And thank you both for your service to our country.

Kristen

First I'd like to thank both you and your husband for your service.

I can't really help with your question other than what's already been provided. I would suggest that the fireworks on Pirate night may be an issue. Obviously its an individual thing and you and your husband are going to have to play this by ear.

My husband suffers some of the same conditions. We requested a table by ourselves so that his hearing loss and social anxiety issues would be minimized. He did have a bit of an issue with some of the Pirate Night show because there was one part that included an unexpected boom. You can watch these shows on Youtube to get a better idea. We had an awesome time and are planning another cruise this fall.

brennanfamily2004 said:
Has anyone with a Wounded Warrior ever sailed? We are going on a 4 night cruise coming up in a couple weeks and I am just trying to brace myself for what might lie ahead.

My DH is a disable, Purple HEart Marine Corps Veteran. He has severe PTSD, Moderate TBI, and some physical limitations. If any of you have someone in your life with these or other war related ailments, please let me know if there is anything I can expect.

You might also want to be prepared for the muster drill. The emergency horn is LOUD. I believe they make accommodations during the drill, such as allowing you to be inside (?). You should ask about that. They warn you before the horn, so you have time to cover your ears or put in earplugs. But it's quite crowded at the drill, so be sure to inquire about your options. Have a GREAT cruise and thank you for your family's service!

ETA: Edited for typo :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter