Would you want the lifestyle you had at 18 year's old back?

I don’t really think I had a “life style” yet. I didn’t turn 18 until the summer after I graduated. I was already working as the purchasing secretary at a resort hotel. My aunt had worked there for years and suggested me to them when I was still in high school. I was in the COE program that allowed us to just take the classes we needed to graduate and then we could leave school and go to work. After graduating I started full time. I ended up meeting my husband there and got married about a year later and pregnant 4 months after that. We didn’t make enough money to afford childcare. We were living in a 140+ year old money pit that had been completed gutted and it needed every penny we had to renovate. So I became a stay at home mom at the age of 20. Not exactly how I thought things would go.

At 18 I was dating the son of the vp for a major, major corporation. It was fun while it lasted, but he broke up with me because I wouldn’t sleep with him as quickly as he wanted to. The street he lived on was literally called Easy Street.

I don't think of an 18 year old as having a lifestyle. They have just gotten some of their adult rights, and generally are just starting out in the life.

No way. I like living in a house and having a good and consistent income.

100% yes. We are in a good place with good jobs, butt it does feel like we are crafting our lives for our jobs rather than having jobs to live the life we really want. Working on it - we have a goal to make a move in the not-so-distant future.

I don't think of an 18 year old as having a lifestyle. They have just gotten some of their adult rights, and generally are just starting out in the life.
Good point.

Lifestyle was going to school then going to work. After work or on off days drinking beer, smoking pot, doing acid, and in general being carefree.

I could do some of that, but wouldn't want to do the other stuff now.

Also, lived with my mother at 18. I had to stay at my mother's for about 2 years in my 40's. I was almost ready to live in my car (well, sleep in my car since I already did basically live in it.) I don't think I could do it again. I will choose living in the car if it ever comes to that again.

Good point.

Lifestyle was going to school then going to work. After work or on off days drinking beer, smoking pot, doing acid, and in general being carefree.

I could do some of that, but wouldn't want to do the other stuff now.
Well, some people of that age have their life all planned out. My wife did, except nothing in her plan came true.

Well, some people of that age have their life all planned out. My wife did, except nothing in her plan came true.
Life was planned out. I just had to wait for college to start. Half of 18 was spent still in high school and the summer, the other half in college working said plan.

I was working retail, going to school, and trying to get my portfolio seen by a few design companies in the area. It was a very frustrating time in my life. I wouldn't call it a lifestyle so much as a grind. So, no. My mid-twenties when everything came together finally? Yes.

I was happy then but about to struggle a bunch moving away from home. I am very happy with my sweet son now. Wouldn’t want to be without him!

No, no, no. At 18, I couldn't get into any colleges because my high school grades were terrible and the job market was in such a state that no one would hire unless you had experience. My mother's solution? Kick me out until I could find a job. And she wonders why I married a guy I knew for 6 months...ha!

Nope. That was the year everything came crashing down and I was hospitalized with major depression/suicide attempt. Things got a lot better a year later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter