Would you want Jordan to be added to the World Showcase?

Buzz Rules

To Infinity and Beyond
Would you want Jordan to be added to the World Showcase? I was watching Aladdin yesterday and was thinking Jordan would be a great addition to Epcot. I would love to see a Middle Eastern country added to the showcase but options always seem limited due to political factors. Jordan is a US ally and is Disney’s Aladdin setting in the cartoon and live action instead of its textual setting of China. In the cartoon, the genie literally says it’s next to the Jordan River and in the live action, part of Aladdin’s/Jasmine’s carpet ride is on the Jordan River.
Jordan could have a restaurant that shows diverse cuisine from it’s country as well as other common dishes found throughout the Levant. A unique aspect to the restaurant could be a setting of eating on the Jordan River’s palm tree covered beaches. Disney had some concept art of Jordan River for the cartoon that could definitely be a starting point for a restaurant’s design. They could even do a ride on the Jordan River (which I think would be cool and educational).

https://aladdin.fandom.com/wiki/River_Jordan

Thoughts? 🤔🧞‍♂️🧞‍♀️🇯🇴

And fun fact about Morocco:
"Morocco was one of the first countries to recognize the newly independent United States, opening its ports to American ships by decree of Sultan Mohammed III in 1777. Morocco formally recognized the United States by signing a treaty of peace and friendship in 1786, a document that remains the longest unbroken relationship in U.S. history" - US Department of State.

And fun fact about Morocco:
"Morocco was one of the first countries to recognize the newly independent United States, opening its ports to American ships by decree of Sultan Mohammed III in 1777. Morocco formally recognized the United States by signing a treaty of peace and friendship in 1786, a document that remains the longest unbroken relationship in U.S. history" - US Department of State.
I think Morocco is a wonderful country. I also love the fact that we beat them 3-0 in a USMNT friendly last week. I did know that fact and it makes me happy that our countries still are great allies to this day.

I love Morocco and spent a considerable amount of time there several years ago. It shares enough general Arabic culture with Jordan that it would be redundant to the average WDW guest. Both are beautiful countries.

I love Morocco and spent a considerable amount of time there several years ago. It shares enough general Arabic culture with Jordan that it would be redundant to the average WDW guest. Both are beautiful countries.
Morocco’s culture is North African while Jordan’s is Southern Levantine. It’s not the same. It’s like saying South Africa is almost the same as the Ivory Coast. They have some major differences.

Wow, I know it's been awhile but I do not remember seeing the UK pavilion in Epcot! I googled, and it really doesn't stand out much.

They need to go full Wee Britain to improve upon this. And being a Disney park, they have the rights to Mary Poppins.
p7bj2XR.gif

I don't know much about Jordan or Morocco, but I know that Istanbul was Constantinople.
Jordan was part of the Ottoman Empire when the USA started relations with the country in 1830. It would also be less controversial to have in the world showcase and be a true representative of the Middle East.

Morocco’s culture is North African while Jordan’s is Southern Levantine. It’s not the same. It’s like saying South Africa is almost the same as the Ivory Coast. They have some major differences.

I'm not disagreeing at all. That's just how my slightly pessimistic mind sees how that would go over in general.

One small note: my friends in Morocco would tell you they are both North African and Arabic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter