Would you use italian dressing left out overnight?

JoyG

DIS Veteran
Opened bottle of italian salad dressing was left out overnight. Usable or not? Thanks.

Check the label for storage instructions. Salad dressing isn't SOLD in teh refrigerated section so it may be shelf stable at room temp (especially with all that vinegar in there).

If in doubt throw it out!
But with dressing I would probably try it-nothing too pershiable in oil and vinegar

If it's just the oil/vinager/seasonings type, then yes.

If it's the white type, no.

Anne

I just checked my bottle which is the oily variety-it says refrigerate after opening so I definitely wouldn't use it.

Overnight is probably no longer the length of time than it's left out throughout the course of a day and evening in a restaurant..

If it's just the oil/vinegar type I wouldn't hesitate to use it.. Anything creamy, no..

Yeah, mine says refridgerate also...but I was wondering if it would still be ok. I know we keep jelly in the fridge, but if it gets left out, we'll still use it. Left out mayo...never. So I was wondering what category Italian dressing falls into...the clear kind, not the white kind.

I would but I leave lots of stuff out for short periods and dont get sick. I've never had food poisoning. I dont think my mother even kept it in the fridge when we were growing up.

I forget to put the dressing away all the time. Ranch, too. I've never gotten sick from it. My husband actually used the mayo today that he left out yesterday. THAT, I would NOT reccomend.

I wouldn't throw it out. But I'm NOT a freak about those things. :teeth:

Some of you people would never survive in my house. You wouldn't believe what gets left out over here. :lmao:

I have no idea how I haven't killed my family yet. :rotfl2: You should see what's on my kitchen counter right now. :eek:

Some of you people would never survive in my house. You wouldn't believe what gets left out over here. :lmao:

I have no idea how I haven't killed my family yet. :rotfl2: You should see what's on my kitchen counter right now. :eek:

So true here too...plus we are "campers".....and we are all ALIVE!!!

As long as it doesn't have raw eggs in it somehow, I don't see where it can't be left out. I should be dead by now, I guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter