Would you rent a hotel room just to "live" on the beach?

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Meaning just getting a room on the boardwalk just to take in the fresh air and look over the water. I've always found it to be pretty chill.

I have always wanted to live in a hotel. So this would appeal to me. I have often thought it would be interesting to live in a hotel for 3-6 months, then move to one somewhere else, and repeat. I will have to win the lottery first . . .

I have done that on occasion. Not just to have a view of a beach but maybe of water. I stayed in a hotel room once after a local party where I didn't pay extra for the "Bay view" but instead got a "mountain view" of the Oakland Hills. I don't know if I really wanted a view of San Francisco Bay given that I was sleeping all night, but I think the other side would have avoided the sound of I-80.

I don' usually pay for a view though, but it can be nice. One we stayed in Kona at a condo, although when I booked it I though I was booking a hotel. Turned out to be a condo complex where they had an onsite . However, the way the condo was arranged, every unit had a view of the water and the beach below. Now it wasn't much of a beach (rocks really) but there were still people surfing there.

We went glamping in Anegada and it was beach front, tubs on the deck, breath taking views. So relaxing in fact, I literally couldn't stay awake. I slept through most of the vacation.

The accommodations were great, the times I was awake were fun, but I won't stay on the water again...it's so relaxing, it just knocks me out.

Yes! We've stayed in a beach front hotel to literally hang out on the beach, eat on the beach, run a 5K on the boardwalk, and play volleyball on the beach. It was just a weekend getaway, but we had a great time!

There is nothing better than looking out and seeing the beach. We did a big family vacation this past summer and our beach house was ocean front. In 7 days, I only went down and sat on the beach one time because I was so content to sit on the deck and read while looking at the ocean.

We own a lake house and some of my favorite visits are during the offseason when we just sit on the porch or deck and relax looking at the water. It is quiet and peaceful. When the sun is shining it is actually really warm even if the temperature does not reflect that.

I have always wanted to live in a hotel. So this would appeal to me. I have often thought it would be interesting to live in a hotel for 3-6 months, then move to one somewhere else, and repeat. I will have to win the lottery first . . .
You should read about "Super Mario", a guy who basically lives on Royal Caribbean ships now.

I've rented Airbnb's in the past that had lake/beachfront views. Can certainly see the appeal of having that for a longer period of time.

I don't understand the fascination with living off of water. What's the appeal?

For me, it would be very soothing to just watch the waves in the water, the sound of the waves lapping at the shore, and just the overall feeling. Of course, I wouldn’t want to be facing a beach that gets packed with people every day..that would be awful.

100% I am a sucker for a water view.

Our house is on a lake, I love to look out at the water. When the ducks are just floating along the water it just makes me smile. When fish jump out of the water and my grandson sees it and laughs so hard, that makes my day.
When I see the eyes of a gator every now and then I shudder.

Isn't that the reason that we take vacations at the beach and stay waterfront? Although, I'd prefer not to be on the boardwalk. I'd prefer to have dunes and such that I can look over to see the ocean.

For a view of the beach, I'd stay in this.

You got your tent house there and a slide out kitchen. Everything a camper needs.

Well no, this is like going just to go, not doing everything that would come with an actual vacation.

Well no, this is like going just to go, not doing everything that would come with an actual vacation.

I go just to go. I do nothing at the beach, except look at the waves and walk in the sand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter