Would You Remove Feedback?

MIGrandma

Lives in the middle-of-the-mitten.
DH likes Goody's Orange Headache Powders and can't buy them here, so we order them once or twice a year from Amazon. I recently ordered another 3-pack (each box has 24 tiny envelopes of the powder) and the package arrived a couple weeks ago, on time. I had an e-mail wanting me to leave feedback, which I generally do. I gave them a 4 out of 5 star rating and said the product is great and arrived on time, my only issue was the packaging. It was a very slimsy envelope (not padded, no bubble wrapping inside, etc.) and one of the three boxes was crushed and opened. All of the contents of the box were accounted for, which I said in my review. I said it would be nice if they would upgrade their packaging.

I received a reply back from them asking if it would help if they gave me a 50% refund, they were sorry the package arrived in unacceptable condition, etc.

I immediately replied that no, I did not need nor did I ever expect any kind of refund. The product inside the boxes was fine, the only issue was the flimsy packaging. I thought that would be the end of it.

I received another reply from them today asking me to remove my "negative" feedback as that brings their rating down. Would you remove the feedback?

Absolutely not, as I don't consider 4 out of 5 stars at all "negative", and there's no reason to believe their packaging standards have changed yet. However, if their reply isn't public, I might update my post with a note that they have responded to my concerns in a prompt and satisfactory manner and that I look forward to seeing packing improvements in my future orders. Knowing that a company is responsive to customer concerns is always a good thing, imo.

If you left factual feedback, then no, I would not remove it. I have reported sellers to Amazon for even asking me to do so. I have only left negative feedback a couple of times (when it was entirely called for), and both sellers emailed me and asked me to remove it. I want other buyers to know exactly what they are dealing with , so I refused and reported it. I have an issue with an Amazon seller right now. They claimed to be shipping from the US when I ordered the item, and then sent me a tracking number from China. I am waiting for the item to arrive, and then I will leave factual feedback on that issue.

I personally would if this is the first time I've had a problem and the company tried to rectify it. Anything less than 5 stars does affect their ranking and average.

Absolutely not, as I don't consider 4 out of 5 stars at all "negative", and there's no reason to believe their packaging standards have changed yet. However, if their reply isn't public, I might update my post with a note that they have responded to my concerns in a prompt and satisfactory manner and that I look forward to seeing packing improvements in my future orders. Knowing that a company is responsive to customer concerns is always a good thing, imo.
Yep.

You have no idea if their packaging has changed. Offering a refund, doesn't mean that they have changed anything.

No way would I remove my feedback. It's your honest opinion and that it what the feedback section is for. I actually see this as a slimy thing to do as a company - how many refunds have been issued in exchange for a partial or full refund which then misleads consumers as to the actual reviews of the company and its product. It seems unconscionable for the company to even ask that of you.

DH likes Goody's Orange Headache Powders and can't buy them here, so we order them once or twice a year from Amazon. I recently ordered another 3-pack (each box has 24 tiny envelopes of the powder) and the package arrived a couple weeks ago, on time. I had an e-mail wanting me to leave feedback, which I generally do. I gave them a 4 out of 5 star rating and said the product is great and arrived on time, my only issue was the packaging. It was a very slimsy envelope (not padded, no bubble wrapping inside, etc.) and one of the three boxes was crushed and opened. All of the contents of the box were accounted for, which I said in my review. I said it would be nice if they would upgrade their packaging.

I received a reply back from them asking if it would help if they gave me a 50% refund, they were sorry the package arrived in unacceptable condition, etc.

I immediately replied that no, I did not need nor did I ever expect any kind of refund. The product inside the boxes was fine, the only issue was the flimsy packaging. I thought that would be the end of it.

I received another reply from them today asking me to remove my "negative" feedback as that brings their rating down. Would you remove the feedback?

nope, if the feedback was warranted.

I hate that Amazon allows companies to do this. I've given negative company and product feedback, and have been asked to change or remove the negative, if they refunded me. Nope. I report when they do that too.
And if they send me an email, asking me to rate them high, especially before they have even SHIPPED the product, they get negative on that.

I would not remove my feedback. While it may bring down their rating (slightly) a 4 out of 5 is not a rating that will bother most shoppers. Especially if, as a shopper, I then read the reasoning.

I don't shop on Amazon, but I often review hotels and restaurants on Trip Advisor. I am always impressed when a manager contacts me directly to in response to something I've posted, and I make an effort to go back into my review and update it with the manager's response. It takes awhile... I think Trip Advisor makes you wait a month to update a posting, but I try to remember to do it. Good customer service is good customer service, even if it happens after the fact. Anyhow... there's no way I'd remove my feedback, but I would try to edit it to say that the company contacted me and offered a discount in response to my post.

I would comment they offered to make it right with you.

Good idea, I will follow through with that.

I'm surprised you didn't jump on that 50% refund. I never turn down easy cash.

Why should I jump on a 50% refund when it really wasn't warranted? Now if the contents inside the boxes that were inside the envelope had been damaged, or fallen out if the envelope had ripped, that would be different. But all contents were accounted for so I don't feel a refund was AT ALL necessary.

Its tough these days when a 4 out of 5 is considered "negative". Its like how the cruiselines (and many other companies) only consider "excellent" ratings to be acceptable for their staff and "good" ratings are considered to be bad.

Like a PP, I still consider 4 stars to be good. But many people are suspicious of sellers without a full 5 stars.

I wouldn't remove it, but I would update it to include the fact that they had asked me to remove the feedback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter