Would you recommend the value resorts for a first timer?

blueeyedbelle

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I'm looking at planning a solo trip in June or July.

I've never been to Disney world before, just disneyland as a kid.

Do you think Value resorts are ok as a solo adult? I really like the theming, and i think it would give me more of the total disney experience as they are more disney themed than some of the other resorts.

Which one would you pick?

I certainly would recommend a value for a first time vistor...or anyone for that matter.

Personally I think you should stay where you like the theme and is in your budget (doesn't make your vacation tight).

It is perfect how Disney has something for everyone.

We love POP Century. It was recommended to me by my niece for the over all "Disney" experience, the buses, the food court and the nostalgia of being a kid again.

But if one of the All Stars appeals to you go there. You will love where ever you stay....enjoy your trip!!

If you don't mind a resort with a lot of children running around, this is a great option. I love All Star Movies and Pop Century.

Going on a solo trip, you will have plenty of room for yourself.

Enjoy!!

I too am voting for POP. The food court was great as was the bus service. It is my 11 year-old sons favorite (over the moderates even). It has this very fun feel to it. If we didn't have a need for bigger beds we would stay there again in a heartbeat.

I would also suggest All Star Movies or Pop. Movies being my first choice, but I could be biased because that is where I stayed for my first trip to Disney and I loved the oversized Disney Icons it made me feel like I was in the magic all the time!

POP or All Star Movie are great. Both are highly themed and have "quiet pools" for a little R&R. I like the food court at POP it has a few more options. Check out the menus if that matters. POP has a dedicated bus and All Star shares it buses. If that matter pick POP. Either way you'll have a Magical time.

Just returned from the Sports Resort. I was there with a softball team. They were playing at the ESPN complex. There were at least 1,000 teens there. I am not kidding. It was loud all the time. Even at midnight. Teens running around, not very considerate to other guests. I know the Movies and Music cater to groups as well. If I wasn't with a group or a family, I probably wouldnt stay there. Not sure if Pop caters to groups. The theming is very nice. You may want to check and see if Disney has games at ESPN or music/dancing or cheer competitions happening at the time you want to go. It may be quieter in the summer.

I would recommend a moderate if going solo. We prefer a quieter resort when not with a group. I'm not trying to sway you from values, I just want you to be aware that Disney uses these hotels for school groups. Hope this helps.

Yes, unless the you always stay in first class/ 4+ star accommodations. My reason is that you have nothing else on Disney property to compare it against.

For your first trip, if you want over the top theming go for Movies. I prefer Coronado for my solos and adult only trips. The rooms have queen beds, and there is a great lounge where you can kick back with a nite cap.

Do Value on your first trip. I'm glad I did. I have the experience of Value, and can only go up from there. If first you go mod or Deluxe, you CAN'T go to Value IMO.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I appreciate the imput.

I took a look at some of the pictures and I really like the theming of All Star Music. The 1st picture that came up on the disneyworld web site sold me - it looks like they have a Beauty and the Beast section, and that's my favorite movie :goodvibes

I'm sure I can't go wrong no matter what I choose!

Do they have a Beauty and the Beast area at All Star Movies as well? If not, and I decide to stay there, is it easy to go check out another resort if I want to go take pictures at lets say the All Star Music?

Just returned from the Sports Resort. I was there with a softball team. They were playing at the ESPN complex. There were at least 1,000 teens there. I am not kidding. It was loud all the time. Even at midnight. Teens running around, not very considerate to other guests. I know the Movies and Music cater to groups as well. If I wasn't with a group or a family, I probably wouldnt stay there. Not sure if Pop caters to groups. The theming is very nice. You may want to check and see if Disney has games at ESPN or music/dancing or cheer competitions happening at the time you want to go. It may be quieter in the summer.

I would recommend a moderate if going solo. We prefer a quieter resort when not with a group. I'm not trying to sway you from values, I just want you to be aware that Disney uses these hotels for school groups. Hope this helps.

I just returned from Sports on Friday, and have to say that although there are a lot of sports teams running around, I didn't have a problem with any of them being rowdy or rude. I found that they were adequately chaperoned, and didn't cause me any trouble at all. In fact, since they were usually at the complex during the day, the resort was pretty much empty, and I had no trouble at the food court or at the pool. :goodvibes

To the OP, I stayed in both levels of resorts for my solo trip, and would recommend staying at a value. There wasn't anything I did at the moderate that I hadn't done at the value, I just had to pay a lot more for the privilege. :)

And if hot tubs are in your mind, forget getting in one at a mod - they are usually jam packed full of kids. :sad1:

We were first timers last month, and stayed at Pop. We absolutely loved it, and if and when we return we would love to stay at Pop again.

We stayed in the 70's with a lake view, and it was very quiet there. The room was spotless too. I kept thinking, THIS is a value resort?

Do they have a Beauty and the Beast area at All Star Movies as well? If not, and I decide to stay there, is it easy to go check out another resort if I want to go take pictures at lets say the All Star Music?

It 's very easy to do at the All Stars. Sports is first, followed by Music and then Movies, and you can walk to any one of them through the parking lots. You can also use the facilities, pools and food courts, at the other All Stars. :goodvibes

I like the Allstar Music the best of the 3 Allstar Resorts, the themeing just seems a bit more adult. When the 3 resorts share a bus, the Sports is picked up first, then the Music and then the Movies. The drop off from the parks is in the same order. So sometimes those staying at the Movies are standing on the buses going to the park and then are the last to be dropped off going back from the parks.
What time of year are you going? I've gone in July and have found that the tour groups stay at the value resorts, basically you have hundreds of teenagers running around the resorts, hitting the foodcourts at the same time and filling the pools at night. In the beginning of December the Pop Warner cheerleaders and football players stay in the Allstar Sports and Allstar Music.
So if you are planning on going in July or Dec 4th to the 10th I would avoid the Allstar resorts all together.
For my solo trips I have stayed at the value resorts and the moderates. My favorite moderates are the POFQ and the CSR. I enjoy the POFQ because its so compact and I love the themeing. While it shares buses with the POR, the POFQ is picked up first. The CSR themeing is fantastic, I enjoyed walking around the lake each morning and in the evening. There are 4 bus stops through out the resort but I found the transportation to and from the parks to be the best out of all the resorts I've stayed in.
If you can get a good price on a moderate that you like, I'd go for a moderate.

I would not recommend the values as they are too crowded, too noisy (in the food court, the lobby, bus stop, the pool and the rooms where you can hear all your neighbors and turbo flush toilets) and its just too chaotic. The mods are so much better, especially for just adults

NO!

I would say choose a moderate resort for your first experience. You can then decide to go up or down from there for your money and experience.

I would not want to start at a deluxe, and find it was too cheap and not deluxe enough for my first trip. If I started at the top, there would be no place higher to go. Thus giving me a tainted view of the disney experience.

Same goes for a value. You are at the bottom end of the scale. Cant go any lower / cheaper and that could hinder your view.

My personal view is the values are way to cheap and nothing more than motel 6's with disney paint. Not my idea of a vacation and disney has so much more to offer.

I would recommend a Value resort as well. As a solo traveler, you can tour any resorts that you might want to check out easily... but at the end of the day, a bed is just a bed and if you don't have other people with you can save the money that a Deluxe would cost and use it towards a better dining plan or bigger souvenirs!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter