WOULD YOU RATHER get a throwaway room at CBR/CSR or add waterparks to your tickets?

Water parks can be very crowded, especially on a hot day. That said, my family was always totally fine splitting up so some people could lounge in chairs or by the pool while others were free to wait in line for rides. We prefer the water parks over the hotel pool because there are more options of things to do and we can more easily spend a lot of time there. Plenty of quiet places for a nap in the shade as well! If your group likes a mix of relaxing and water slides, the parks are definitely the way to go.

We're staying off-site, but we like to get a room on-site for one night in order to access the dining plan and the resort pool. Believe it or not, this saves us 20% if we plan it correctly.

For our next trip, I'm considering getting a campsite instead, but since the pool at Fort Wilderness is inconvenient and nothing to write home about, we might add the Water Parks and More package to our tickets, and spend afternoons at the water parks instead of the resort pools. This latter option is slightly cheaper than just getting the resort room.

What would you do?

If you rent a cabana at the waterpark it is very relaxing and private. However, they run about $350.

I agree with the pool at the resort... More relaxing, you can use your mugs, use the room if necessary to nap, etc.
I just think it would be far more relaxing at the resort, not to mention the pita to get to and from the water parks!

I agree with the pool at the resort... More relaxing, you can use your mugs, use the room if necessary to nap, etc.
I just think it would be far more relaxing at the resort, not to mention the pita to get to and from the water parks!

Based on the plan presented I think getting to and from the water parks would be the easy part!

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback. Any opinion on whether you would rather spend the afternoon at a water park or at a resort pool?

Maybe I should rephrase this: if you were traveling with someone who was willing to do all the work so you didn't have to think about it, would you rather spend the afternoon relaxing at the water park or at a moderate resort pool?
Moderate resort pool, UNLESS I could do a Cabana rental...
Love CBR and CSR pools, do not like POR, POFQ pools... (Flame me, lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter