Would you move Fantasy to Magic?

Joel0917

DIS Veteran
i'm thinking about moving Disney Fantasy April 2014 to Disney Magic same time.

my biggest con is 7 days versus 4 days.

but my thoughts are arrive and stay/relax by the pool Sat/Sun. Then monday Disney magic 4 days..in a Cat 4b. then back Friday..stay 2 days at WDW resort.

versus my existing Disney Fantasy 7 days. Concierge 1b right now. Big perk is the lounge, my wife loves it! but price is a about 3x what 4 days on magic in reg room.

so a pro would be saving a big chunk of cash...after i factor in hotel for 4 days and food those days..versus not being on the cruise.

I think my kids would like the magic updates to the oceaneers club and aqua dunk. And they get to draw at animatores' palet now.

Thoughts? Advice?

The cost would make me go with the Magic, though would look into the price of a comp room on the Fantasy first. I would also switch the days at WDW to before the cruise and just plan to relax by the pool afterwards.

We did just that .......gave up 5/10/2014 Fantasy and 4K people for the Magic 4/21/2014 and some 13 hundred less people......WE can live with that......Keep those classic ships porting out of P C.... and I'll show you how many times we will book one.......OH! by the-way did I tell you we also gave up the Dream for a 10/01/2014 Wonder cruise out of P C. It's a 5 day cruise with 2 stops to C C and a stop at Key West. Life is so good on a classic ship. :thumbsup2

7 day cruise seems to short, I would hate to think my cruise vacation was only 4 days. I wish they had more 14 day cruises.

In this case, I'd go with the Fantasy. While I adore the classic ships, I wouldn't sacrifice a 7-night cruise for a 4-night. However, this is coming from a person 72 miles from WDW and has access to the parks whenever we want to go. If you want to hit the parks, the Magic sounds great.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

i'm thinking about moving Disney Fantasy April 2014 to Disney Magic same time.

my biggest con is 7 days versus 4 days.

but my thoughts are arrive and stay/relax by the pool Sat/Sun. Then monday Disney magic 4 days..in a Cat 4b. then back Friday..stay 2 days at WDW resort.

versus my existing Disney Fantasy 7 days. Concierge 1b right now. Big perk is the lounge, my wife loves it! but price is a about 3x what 4 days on magic in reg room.

so a pro would be saving a big chunk of cash...after i factor in hotel for 4 days and food those days..versus not being on the cruise.

I think my kids would like the magic updates to the oceaneers club and aqua dunk. And they get to draw at animatores' palet now.

Thoughts? Advice?

I just moved from the Fantasy to the Magic myself :thumbsup2 So I think thats the best option haha

We are in the process of moving a summer Fantasy cruise to a Magic Med cruise

i should clarify...at the end when we stay at WDW resort...we may just relax as well...do SSR...chill at the pools..not hit the parks for those two days.

The money savings is always a big plus, but after spending 7 days on the Fantasy, I don't know that 4 days would be long enough for us, personally.

For me, it would depend on whether you've sailed Disney before, and where the stops are on the 4 night cruise.

We sailed on the Fantasy early this year and sailed on the Magic for spring break in 2012 and in 2010. I had booked the Fantasy for spring break 2014. After experiencing the Fantasy for 7 nights we changed our plans for 2014 and are going to sail a 4 night on the Magic instead of 7 on the Fantasy. In my opinion, there are too many people on the Fantasy, the dining room experience is stressful, and the whole ship just lacks the character that we found on the Magic. The staff seems stressed to the point that we felt it. We also sailed on the Dream and found the same to be true there--the new ships are too big and impersonal for us. Every area on the ship feels like it is crawling with people. The Dream and Fantasy are gorgeous, no doubt, but I would much rather sail the Magic if given the option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter