Would you join a lawsuit against DVC to stop/revert the 2020 reallocation?

Oh, unless there's a direct sales backlash, I agree this is the way they all will be going forward. Eventually as the older L14 resorts drop out and get renewed, there won't be any trading resorts. That will of course take nearly 50 years.
So at that point, only direct points can be used to trade. That will be a significant advantage to paying direct prices. I won't live long enough to see it, though.

So at that point, only direct points can be used to trade. That will be a significant advantage to paying direct prices. I won't live long enough to see it, though.

In 2042 I would be 95. We have not been in DVC since it’s inception, but it’s been a good experience up until this point, and for much less money than the same experience would cost now.

Guides have already been telling everyone who has asked that these new resale restrictions will exist for every property going forward including Reflections. My guide is particularly tight-lipped about saying anything like this, and she said this will be the rule for all properties going forward.

Unless DVD plans to ROFR most of these direct contracts as they go into the resale market over time, the restriction will eventually limit availability at each resort to such a degree that even direct purchasers won't be able to trade amongst the new resorts (taking L14 out of the equation for simplicity sake). If 50% of DRR owners are resale buyers, that's 50% of the resort not available for other direct buyers to trade in. Do the same math for whatever resorts that come along after DRR. It's one thing for resale buyers not to be able to trade out because it's what to be expected, but for that to happen to direct buyers? I can't imagine all of the DVC resorts in the pipeline are going to be so desirable that people will buy with the intention of only staying there for 50 years.

LAX

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter