Would you ever buy an $8,000 refrigerator?

wishesuponastar

DIS Veteran
Hubby and I walked past one at Best Buy (don't know the brand or features except that it was large and stainless). If I won the lottery I might get it because of the size of it so we could get rid of having two of our old fridges.

That seems excessive, but each to their own! The manufacturer and retailers must think there is a demand for it though!

Wow, must be some refrigerator! We have a Samsung 2 door, bottom freezer drawer, and crisper drawer in the middle and it was less than half that - and it's huge!! Sure wouldn't want anything bigger or more expensive in our kitchen. I think it's 29 cu ft. Haven't seen the one you are talking about.

No way. I was shocked that our Kenmore...made by LG.....was next to the exact same LG branded fridge in Sears and the Kenmore was $890, and the LG was $1,250. 26 cubic inch side by side.

I know someone who did spend that much, actually a little more on their fridge and freezer combo. They are full size professional ones. They are nice but not something I would pay that much for.

We own a house in California that has a built in refrigerator in what can only be described as a "specialty" size. I have looked and looked on line and have seen exactly TWO (TWO) that would fit that space....one of which is well over $8000, and the other a "bargain" at only 2600. LOL. Not a "big" refrigerator either! We really only have those two choices, as anything else would require reworking the entire set of cabinets. Ugh. I pray that the one that is there keeps on going FOREVER.

Wow, must be some refrigerator! We have a Samsung 2 door, bottom freezer drawer, and crisper drawer in the middle and it was less than half that - and it's huge!! Sure wouldn't want anything bigger or more expensive in our kitchen. I think it's 29 cu ft. Haven't seen the one you are talking about.
High end makes like Miele, Wolf and Sub-Zero can easily cost that much.

High end makes like Miele, Wolf and Sub-Zero can easily cost that much.

Yes, now I remember, but those aren't for me!
We've had great service and satisfaction with our GE's up to now, just purchased the current Samsung a year ago - so far, so good! Have owned 4 fridges in 50 yrs. and only one of those died.

A SUB-ZERO can easily run 8 grand. Crazy but, I guess some families need a fridge big enough for 30 people;)
BUT- an 8 burner double oven gas VIKING? ALL DAY LONG!!!

Add refrigerators to the list if vastly overpriced items (mattresses, ATV's, a college education) because of easy credit or financing.....although high end stuff would still be really expensive

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!