Would you change three or four night stays to one day less, to stay at Riviera for 1 night?

bobbiwoz

I'm happy to dance with you!
We didn’t travel to WDW much last year, and many of those cancelled reservations were at RIV, booked at 7 months. This year, I used priority to book our stays. So, now I decided why not try RIV, but I am late in thinking about it. In April and July for the parts of the stays I am willing to give up, I can only get single nights. Since July is the furthest away, do I book the one and try for three more?

We stayed two nights. The quick serve was nice—would consider it a destination on its own. The pool did not meet our needs/expectations—it is tiny. It is nice, like VGF nice. I would rather stay at VGF any night. I wouldn’t give up nights of vacation over all to stay there again. But if it is 3 nights one place, one night at Riv, sure! Give it a try.

I can’t do one night anywhere. Check in at 4 and out the next morning. Not enough time to enjoy IMO. I might waitlist the last 2 nights first. If it comes through great. If not I am not stuck with one night. I do waitlist one day at a time but only to extend an existing stay by one night at a time.

Last edited:

I can’t do one night anywhere. Check in at 4 and out the next morning. Not enough time to enjoy IMO. Definitely would give up for it. I might waitlist the last 2 nights first. If it comes through great. If not I am not stuck with one night. I do waitlist one day at a time but only to extend an existing stay by one night at a time.
That’s a good idea. I have the points to keep both reservations.

Last edited:
That’s a good idea. I have the points to keep both reservations.

I usually have a full week booked at my home resort at 11 months. At 7 months I will look for at least 2 nights at the beginning or end of my vacation to move. After that I will waitlist 1 day at a time if I want to try to extend the new reservation. However it is easier to waitlist 1 day at a time in my experience so I wouldn’t want you to miss out looking for at least 2 nights together. Good luck either way.

I would not do it for 1 night. If it allowed you a minimum of 3 I would. I don't feel like 1 is enough to enjoy any resort.

I would not do it for 1 night. If it allowed you a minimum of 3 I would. I don't feel like 1 is enough to enjoy any resort.
Thanks…I agree.

We always go for July 4…until Covid, and this vacation begins at BL, theme park view for the 2, and 3rd of July. MK traditionally shows the fireworks on the 3rd. Then we head to BCV, FOR easy walk to Epcot and for us to enjoy SAB for 4 nights, then home On the 8th. That was the 11 month plan.

We offered to bring one family on DCL cruise and July 14 worked for the family. College and work for them make it difficult for us to pick dates, so, we said OK. So, we could go home on July 8, then come back to FL for the cruise, or we could stay, but that means 6 days of deciding where in DVC units to stay. We have decided to book the two days before the cruise at Vero for ourselves and two family members going with us. The cruise is out of Miami, that’s why VB works. That leaves the 4 nights we are trying to fill.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter