Would you be proud of your son or daughter if they Joined the Army?

Status
Not open for further replies.
3) I wouldnt shed a drop of blood for this country becuase they dont wont appreciate me for it.
Shedding blood isn't always a choice, you know. You might very well shed blood if it weren't for the brave men who fight to keep you safe.

...And they don't do it for appreciation. Thank God for that, too...if our safety relied on the typical citizen's appreciation, we'd all be dead.

Um your google search for me was WAY OFF...............I am not a Chineese girl. Are you guys trying to track me down or something? I didnt even notice a search for me was done. If hadnt been for the last post I wouldnt of known that I was an actual Google Search :)

Thought I keep this thread running :) Why not after all Its my first thread to get so many posts

Though I am grateful for those who fought certain wars......I only feel sorry for the ones who had to or have to fight wars like Vietnam/Iraq. I don't share the views many of you pro army/navy/marines people have posted here. Your views of how people can just as easily die right here on American soil are true. I however feel my chances are greater fighting a war then going to 7-11. Someone posted about the closeness of Army wives.......Well I seen the same closeness with firefighter and police officer wives. If your fighting in Iraq now I hope and pray for your safe return. I however do not consider you a hero I actually feel sorry for you. Sorry you decided to join such a stupid ridiculous cause. I am sure that you didn't wake up one morning and say "today I will fight for this country"...Somewhere down the line something happen that caused your views to change and want to do this. Whether it was a family relative who was in the army or the commercials that tell you that you'll be a better person either way. I for one would never shed one drop of blood for this country. I refuse to be selfish and leave my parents behind, my wife, my son and my life to give it away for this country. Before you get all dramatic go check out how they treat veterans.......You think I am going to go fight for a this country? A country that as soon as I am no longer useful to it they sweep me under a rug.....Yeah Right. Thank you for fighting the wars that needed to be fought !!! In my opinion instead of going of to play G.I Joe in the army you should stay home. Home with your loved ones...Home where you can help out by being a Teacher, A Cop, a Firefighter a Nurse or a Neighbor.

And then there is the flip side of it..I recieve outstanding free medical care.. I have a very serious illness and the most I have ever paid is 9 dollars for a prescription..That is for meds that cost between 200-1000 dollars each,a month.. Medical care that includes new and expensive treatment from doctos who are at the top of their field, Doctors who attend the world AIDS conference.
And then there is the fact that the military considers AIDS(and any other diease you get while on active duty) a service connected disability.. They will pay my medical care and my families medical care for the rest of my life... How many civilian jobs will do that? .At no cost.. Then lets talk about the 2700$ tax free dollars that the VA gives every month for the rest of my life, plus an annual raise of about 3 %.. Oh and the free college my kids will get...
yes, they sure have treated me poorly

Um one more thing why on earth would this post be deleted?????? Remember the tree words you all been tossing my way FREEDOM OF SPEECH. I came here and voiced my opinions at no point did I make this a personal attack unlike the majority of you have on me. If you decided to take my opinion on the Army as a insult well thats not my problem. I havent said or used foul language and I havent threatened anyone.

And then there is the flip side of it..I recieve outstanding free medical care.. I have a very serious illness and the most I have ever paid is 9 dollars for a prescription..That is for meds that cost between 200-1000 dollars each,a month.. Medical care that includes new and expensive treatment from doctos who are at the top of their field, Doctors who attend the world AIDS conference.
And then there is the fact that the military considers AIDS(and any other diease you get while on active duty) a service connected disability.. They will pay my medical care and my families medical care for the rest of my life... How many civilian jobs will do that? .At no cost.. Then lets talk about the 2700$ tax free dollars that the VA gives every month for the rest of my life, plus an annual raise of about 3 %.. Oh and the free college my kids will get...
yes, they sure have treated me poorly

Ssssh, stop adding personal stories to disprove the OP!! Not allowed!! :rolleyes1

Honestly, I don't think it's Vamp, unless he changed his posting style. Message is the same, yes, but he used paragraphs. ;)

Oh, and I'm eating a bowl of brownie batter and that's why I'm not saying what I really think about the last couple of posts from the OP.

Um one more thing why on earth would this post be deleted?????? Remember the tree words you all been tossing my way FREEDOM OF SPEECH

This is a privately owned board. You agreed to the user/posting terms when you joined. If a mod finds you have violated any of the terms your post can be deleted and/or you can be banned. You can spew your hate on a public street corner and be protected, but it you do not have the same rights here in a privately owned forum. You need to educate yourself about a lot of things before you spout off again. You are coming off as being totally ignorant.

Thought I keep this thread running :) Why not after all Its my first thread to get so many posts

Though I am grateful for those who fought certain wars......I only feel sorry for the ones who had to or have to fight wars like Vietnam/Iraq. I don't share the views many of you pro army/navy/marines people have posted here. Your views of how people can just as easily die right here on American soil are true. I however feel my chances are greater fighting a war then going to 7-11. Someone posted about the closeness of Army wives.......Well I seen the same closeness with firefighter and police officer wives. If your fighting in Iraq now I hope and pray for your safe return. I however do not consider you a hero I actually feel sorry for you. Sorry you decided to join such a stupid ridiculous cause. I am sure that you didn't wake up one morning and say "today I will fight for this country"...Somewhere down the line something happen that caused your views to change and want to do this. Whether it was a family relative who was in the army or the commercials that tell you that you'll be a better person either way. I for one would never shed one drop of blood for this country. I refuse to be selfish and leave my parents behind, my wife, my son and my life to give it away for this country. Before you get all dramatic go check out how they treat veterans.......You think I am going to go fight for a this country? A country that as soon as I am no longer useful to it they sweep me under a rug.....Yeah Right. Thank you for fighting the wars that needed to be fought !!! In my opinion instead of going of to play G.I Joe in the army you should stay home. Home with your loved ones...Home where you can help out by being a Teacher, A Cop, a Firefighter a Nurse or a Neighbor.

You know, I'm a pretty easy going, open minded person. I don't always agree with others and vice versa, and that's life. I know this will probably cost me some points, but I don't care. I know I'm barely 5' tall, but if I was anywhere near you right now, you wouldn't be standing. As a fire department family, I can assure you that you don't speak for any of us.

I never said anything bad about the fire department :)

You're whining about how we should support firefighters, teachers, police officers instead of our "GI Joes". Go back and check you own post.

Is not crap is my opinion! Look you guys can take what I have said as you want. I frankly dont care. I respect , I am thankful and I am grateful for what you former veterans have done and I mean that. But I still dont sopport meaningless wars and I dont agree with the philosphy of the army. By the way the only people who spewed hatred here and crap have been you guys :) You twisted my words and have made me sound like some evil person who hates people who have fought in any war and that is NOT TRUE ! I started this post and will end by saying.......I love my son to much to see him go fight in some war. I respect anyone whos fighting though I dont agree with there reason to fight. I hope they come home safe whenever they decide to do so......now go ahead and continue to spew your hatred on me...... good nite

No fishycat, I'm not wasting my time "tracking you down". Some posters thought you might be someone else, so I simply googled the name to see if any connection. With the DIS search function the way it is lately, google is how you have to find posters past posts here.

Trust me, you aren't worth my time.

and one more thing if I offended you I trully am sorry though my views wont change I am sorry if they did offend you.
There are ways people can get their point across without hatred and venom in their "voice" or opinion.

I didn't know that I could decide to come home from Iraq. Man, that would have been nice.

I also didn't know that when I joined 13 years ago, that it was because I wanted to go to war. Of course, Bill Clinton was in office, so the chances of that happening were slim to none. Wait, I did go to Kosovo. . . Maybe I am just a brainwashed war-monger. I certainly joined the right service for that, we Coasties are known for our warlike spirit and lack of respect for human lives.:sad2:

Ok....this thread has gotten ridiculous....

Do I want my kid to go to the army....heck no....
Everyone wants there kid to be safe...

However I am FOREVER GRATEFUL....to all veterans past and
present who risked their lives to make America Great.....

I agree with OP that I think this war is wrong....
Personally I think Bush/Cheney should be brought up on
war crimes.....

BUT....I respect all the people in Iraq who are out there fighting
for our countries freedom....
When you are sent to war....the soldiers need to do their job
and stay alive....not debate the war....

I would imagine in any war....the soldier must totally believe in
what they are doing.....to stay sane....

Last but not least.....THANKS TO ALL THE MILITARY THAT
HAVE KEPT THIS COUNTRY GREAT!

I DONT support the war...
BUT I ALWAYS SUPPORT MY TROOPS.
Peace
Kerri

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter