Would love to have YOUR feedback on restaurants and dishes!!

Little_Sister

Mouse ears and pigtails!
Hello all...

My boyfriend and I have just finished narrowing down our restaurant choices for our upcoming 11.8--11.15.09 trip...

I would love everyone's feedback on our restaurant choices...and more specifically...what we plan on ordering for each...

If you think there is something we absolutely have to try...or not try :crazy2: let me know...I wanna hear the good, the bad, the delicious AND the disgusting...

We're not doing the dining plan this time around...and we plan on sharing a good bit...and snacking and desserting our way around the world...

so here we go...

Sunday 11.8.09

Lunch: T-REX
--Triassic Tuna
--Colosso Nachos
--Bronto Burger

Dinner: Giordano's Pizza (dining in-room)
--Thin crust, pepperoni with extra cheese​

Monday 11.9.09

Lunch: Liberty Tree Tavern
--Tavern Fried Cheese
--Colony Salad
--Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake

Dinner: Tutto Italia
--Calamari Fritti
--Cannelloni al Forno
--Paccheri​

Tuesday 11.10.09

Lunch: Rose & Crown Pub
--Cheese Plate
--Fish and Chips

Dinner: The Wave
--Braised Lamb Shank
--Cinnamon Rubbed Pork Tenderloin
--Cheesecake with Raspberry Coulis, Zucchini-Carrot Cake with Vanilla Panna Cotta, Vanilla-braised Pineapple Spears
--Chocolate Mousse with Salted Caramel Sauce, Almond-Pineapple-Raisin "Baklava", Chocolate-Passion Fruit Mousse with Pecan-Olive

Wednesday 11.11.09

Lunch: Haven't decided on anything yet...we'll be in MK that day...suggestions?

Dinner: Tokyo Dining
--Dynamite roll
--Rainbow roll
--Tempura roll
--Volcano roll​

Thursday 11.12.09

Lunch: Yak & Yeti
--Dim Sum Basket
--Wok-fried Green Beans
--Fried Wontons

Dinner: Sci-Fi Dine In
--Onion Rings
--Spinach Dip​

Friday 11.13.09

Lunch: Beaches & Cream
--Roast Beef Sub
--No Way Jose

Dinner: California Grill (this is our anniversary dinner)
--Spicy Kazan Roll
--Tuna Three Ways
--Double Crunch Rainbow Roll
--Yoshi Deluxe Sushi Platter
--The Original dessert​

Saturday 11.14.09

Lunch: Wolfgang Puck Express
--Pepperoni, mushroom and extra cheese pizza
--BBQ Chicken Focaccia

Dinner: Kona Cafe
--Tuna Oscar
--Shrimp and Scallops​

Sunday 11.15.09

Breakfast: Contempo Cafe

That's it...that's what we're thinking thus far...if you think we're making a horrible mistake :scared1: or missing something outstanding...please let me know!!

thanks!!

At Yak & Yeti I would suggest sharing the ribs. They are AWESOME and there is more than enough to share.

You have lots of great choices on here!

no way jose is GREAT.
Also, if u like shakes- their choco pb shakes are delicious :)

The only "sushi" i've had at cali grill is a cali roll adn that was delicious but HUGE. If you're sharing things you might not need more than 1 maybe 2 sushi items cuz they're HUGE.

no way jose is GREAT.
Also, if u like shakes- their choco pb shakes are delicious :)

The only "sushi" i've had at cali grill is a cali roll adn that was delicious but HUGE. If you're sharing things you might not need more than 1 maybe 2 sushi items cuz they're HUGE.

I figured we'd have way too much food at Cali Grill....but it was so hard to narrow it down...it all looks so fantastic!!!

and choco pb shake...I'm on it!

thanks!!!

Great choices! We enjoyed our experiences at the California Grill, Kona, Tutto Italia and Wolfgang Puck Express.

Another suggestion for Kona is the ribeye steak. It was probably the best ribeye I've eaten and was melt-in-your-mouth tender. A steak knife was not necessary because it was so tender.

The sweet corn bisque soup at California Grill was delicious too! Don't forget to consider the Valrhona Chocolate Cake with ice cream (I believe mine was cherry) for dessert. Heaven on a plate!!

On Wed. have you considered a later breakfast? We enjoyed our breakfast at Ohana and the kids were thrilled with the characters too.

The Tavern Fried Cheese at LTT is my favorite WDW food. They give you two different types of cheese sticks and I love them both!

The Tuna Oscar at Kona is FABULOUS as well as the nachos at T-Rex. They are enough to share plus maybe share an entree...you won't need much more!!!

The flame tree bbq at ak is wonderful. |Delicious and gorgeous scenery. Cape May Clambake also very wonderful and pretty a good night for Epcot. Not to be too Canadian, but you can not beat the steaks at Le Celier in the Canada pavilion
donna

Wow.. I'm impressed with your list! The only thing I noticed was the fish and chips at the Pub. The food wasn't anything extra I wouldn't find anywhere else. I was kinda disappointed (of course things could have changed since I had it last). If you're in EPCOT, I would highly suggest something else.. Maybe in Morocco?

Great choices! We enjoyed our experiences at the California Grill, Kona, Tutto Italia and Wolfgang Puck Express.

Another suggestion for Kona is the ribeye steak. It was probably the best ribeye I've eaten and was melt-in-your-mouth tender. A steak knife was not necessary because it was so tender.

The sweet corn bisque soup at California Grill was delicious too! Don't forget to consider the Valrhona Chocolate Cake with ice cream (I believe mine was cherry) for dessert. Heaven on a plate!!

On Wed. have you considered a later breakfast? We enjoyed our breakfast at Ohana and the kids were thrilled with the characters too.

I've had that ribeye from Kona and you're right..it's wonderful!!

I'm one of those weirdos that can't eat breakfast....it will turn me into a sleepy slug...but I wish I could get that giant stuffed French toast thing at like 2am!!...mmmmm

Thanks so much for all your input!!

The Tavern Fried Cheese at LTT is my favorite WDW food. They give you two different types of cheese sticks and I love them both!

That Fried Cheese and the Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake are EXACTLY why we are going there....I have never had either before...but the pictures I've seen are irresistable!!....totally excited...

whoever said "hey...let's take cheese...then we'll roll it in flour...then deep fry it...."....oh they have a special place in my heart...:lovestruc

The Tuna Oscar at Kona is FABULOUS as well as the nachos at T-Rex. They are enough to share plus maybe share an entree...you won't need much more!!!

Good to know about the Nachos...I wasn't sure about portion size and figured we'd end up with WAY too much food...thank you!!!

The flame tree bbq at ak is wonderful. |Delicious and gorgeous scenery. Cape May Clambake also very wonderful and pretty a good night for Epcot. Not to be too Canadian, but you can not beat the steaks at Le Celier in the Canada pavilion
donna

I concur...the steaks at Le Celier are wonderful...and those pretzel breadsticks RULE!!...

we ate lunch at Le Cellier last trip...we were so stuffed that we had to spend an hour on one of the little benches outside letting our food digest so we would be able to drag ourselves back to the monorail!! :sad2: I can't believe I'm admitting that!

Wow.. I'm impressed with your list! The only thing I noticed was the fish and chips at the Pub. The food wasn't anything extra I wouldn't find anywhere else. I was kinda disappointed (of course things could have changed since I had it last). If you're in EPCOT, I would highly suggest something else.. Maybe in Morocco?

THANK YOU!

Good to know...my boyfriend desparately wanted to go there just to sample all the beers...so maybe we'll just let him drink there then mosey on over to Morocco...I hear the Tangierine Cafe is pretty awesome.

Thursday 11.12.09

Lunch: Yak & Yeti
--Dim Sum Basket
--Wok-fried Green Beans
--Fried Wontons

We shared the Dim sum Basket & it was VERY small. It was only about 4-5 mini bite-sized pieces. (We love Dim Sum, so DH really wanted to try it. We thought they would at least be normal dim sum size, and we were suprised by the itty bitty pieces.) I strongly suggest that you go elsewhere instead (maybe try the new "Picnic in the Park" at $8/person for each to get a sandwich or chicken, large dessert, bottled water, and share a side) b/c the service at Yak & Yeti was also pitiful- truly the worst I've ever had at any restaurant, ever.​

Wednesday 11.11.09

Lunch: Haven't decided on anything yet...we'll be in MK that day...suggestions?

Are you looking for another counter service or table service? DH finds the turkey legs in MK irresistible. I really enoy indulging in the corndog bites at Casey's Corner. If you want to share something, Cosmic Ray's Cafe (counter service) has a very large rib and chicken combo or double cheese burgers that are enormous and definitely enough to share too. Plus, they also have the super-delicious toppings bar there.....Then again, you could always eat ice cream for dinner at the ice cream parlor, lol.​

Dinner: The Wave
--Cinnamon Rubbed Pork Tenderloin Very good, we had this in March 09 (pics in my link) and we loved it!

--Chocolate Mousse with Salted Caramel Sauce, Almond-Pineapple-Raisin "Baklava", Chocolate-Passion Fruit Mousse with Pecan-Olive Had this in March too...it was good but not the best of the ones offered.

Dinner: Sci-Fi Dine In
--Onion Rings AWESOME! Not greasy at all and the portion was huge

Lunch: Beaches & Cream
--No Way Jose My favorite ice cream dessert in all of WDW, if you love peanut butter you will love this!

Lunch: Wolfgang Puck Express
--Pepperoni, mushroom and extra cheese pizza Excellent! They have wonderful pizza here

We shared the Dim sum Basket & it was VERY small. It was only about 4-5 mini bite-sized pieces. (We love Dim Sum, so DH really wanted to try it. We thought they would at least be normal dim sum size, and we were suprised by the itty bitty pieces.) I strongly suggest that you go elsewhere instead (maybe try the new "Picnic in the Park" at $8/person for each to get a sandwich or chicken, large dessert, bottled water, and share a side) b/c the service at Yak & Yeti was also pitiful- truly the worst I've ever had at any restaurant, ever.

Wow that's disappointing to hear....we ate at Yak & Yeti right when it first opened and really enjoyed the experience...granted we didn't have the dim sum that time...only the pot stickers which were really good...but our server was pleasant and accomodating...so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your experience...but I truly appreciate the input and the suggestion.

I haven't heard about Picnic in the Park...we're all about trying new places...so I'll have to check it out! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter