Would LOVE suggestions please....

brown1442

Mouseketeer
I am trying to rework our plan and struggling a bit... was hoping for some suggestions from the pros!

First off there are 4 of us... 2 adults and 2 boys ages will be 9 and almost 7. Our youngest has autism and multiple food allergies. We are staying at the Poly and doing the DxDP in hopes of keeping my youngest with food allergies safe. We've never done the DxDP before though. We'd like to only eat 2 meals a day to avoid spending too much time away from the parks. Oh... and we are NOT early risers and really not huge breakfast people (although my food allergic child LOVES the Mickey Waffles).

Here's what I have so far...

Sunday... arrival... Ohana's for dinner and over to MK for extra magic
Monday... MK day... Chef Mickeys for breakfast Kona for early dinner in hopes of catching electrical parade/wishes. Probably a late night snack at Captain Cooks if we are hungry.
Tuesday... Epcot day...Biergarten for lunch and Le Cellier for dinner
Wednesday...DHS day... 50's Prime Time for lunch and Cape May for dinner
Thursday... AK day...Boma or Tusker House for breakfast (still VERY undecided here) or even Tusker House for lunch and Cali Grill for dinner
Friday... MK day... LTT for lunch and CRT for dinner
Saturday... Ohana for breakfast and depart

I still have 3 credits a piece not used yet. Ohana on arrival is a tradition. Chef Mickeys is my oldest's request and Kona is my dh's request beyond that I think we are flexible with changing. My little one gets WAY over stimulated with shows though... otherwise I'd LOVE to book a Hoop-de-do Review but sadly thats out.

New to us this trip will be 50's Prime Time, Cape May, Boma/Tusker House, LTT and CRT.

In the past we've also done Tepan Edo, Coral Reef, 1900 Park Fare (breakfast), Mama Melrose... just to give an idea.

Any other thoughts... ideas... suggestions... I need some fresh ideas because its all starting to blend together for me. TIA!!

I don't have any restaurant suggestions for you as I think what you have planned looks great!

Based on 2011 DxDDP price, even if you don't eat anywhere else, the adults will at least break even if not come out ahead (and this is without eating ANY snacks), and the kids have easily gotten the value of their plan. Even with the 2012 prices, I think as a family, these 15 meals will pay for the plan. And as you said, you'll know your DS is able to eat safely and that's worth it all anyway!!

I wouldn't worry about making another ADR and just use those remaining three credits to fill in where you need to. You'll know you can head into a CS and get something to eat if anyone is hungry or just needs a break.

I agree with the PP, don't feel obligated to use up all the credits if you don't want to. DxDP is a lot of food, even if you only have 2 TS meals a day. I'm pretty sure you can still convert TS credits into CS meals, which you can then enjoy at your own pace as it comes up.

As for your Boma or TH choice, while Boma has a nice breakfast which is great if staying at AKL or Kidani, I personally don't think it is different enough to go out of your way for. The food at TH breakfast is just as good as Boma (I personally think all the breakfasts are pretty standard with a couple of dishes unique to each restaurant) but includes characters (picture with Donald at check in, Mickey, Goofy and Daisy come to the tables). I'd go with TH.

Actually, DxDP does not distinguish between 'TS' and 'CS'; you just have 'meal credits', so you can use them without having to ask to 'convert' them from one to the other.

Does a quieter atmosphere work better for DS7? If so, might you consider changing the Monday Kona dinner to an early Artist Point dinner? Kona, simply because of it's physical location, is pretty noisy/high energy. AP has a very sedate atmosphere. And you have extra credits so the fact that it's a Signature should not be a barrier.

Similarly, although Boma is harder to get to if you are using Disney busses, it would be quieter than the character breakfast at Tusker. Alternatively, skip breakfast that day/use snack credits, but check out the (TS) menu at Yak & Yeti for lunch. Especially if you ask to sit upstairs, it is a much more cool, calm environment. And the food is excellent.

I also have a DS (8) on the spectrum. I think you have a pretty good plan. Here are my 2 cents:

Tell them at check-in at 50's PT that you have a child with autism. The whole concept freaked my son out until I explained to the waitress that he didn't get that it was pretend. When she toned it down, he enjoyed his meal.

Same thing at Tusker House. DS HATES the charatcers and couldn't eat because he kept turning around to see if they were coming at him. Talked with the waiter, characters made a wide circle around our table, and DS could eat.

Maybe Yak & Yeti would be a good lunch in AK. DS always gets plain white rice with his meal (which is not always easy to find in WDW).

Hope that helps!
Have a great trip!

I am always cheerleading for Sanaa. Being able to see the animals out the windows of the restaurant is a great thing for my DDs, the food is very good, and the kids' menu is a delight there, with stuff above the usual options, including pizza they make using the naan bread dough. No, I don't know why the kids have all the luck with that one...

I think you have some great choices on your list, and just not enough time to squeeze in much more. I will also say that Flying Fish is a great way to burn a couple of dining credits for the family, although it can get a little noisy at the busiest time of the evening. Earlier, though, it's pretty peaceful.

I have a 25 year old nephew with autism and he too can get overstimulated easily. My suggestion was already made by a PP that you speak to the greeter at 50's Prime Time Cafe, and the waitress also so they know to tone it down.

Also, if you little guy loves Mickey waffles, just for your information, I don't believe Capt. Cooks has them, but I know Gasparilla Grill at the GF does. So, if he wants Mickey Waffles, one stop on the monorail and he can get them!

Also, if you little guy loves Mickey waffles, just for your information, I don't believe Capt. Cooks has them, but I know Gasparilla Grill at the GF does. So, if he wants Mickey Waffles, one stop on the monorail and he can get them!

They actually special made them for him last time we were there. The chef came down with a platter with 12 allergen free mickey waffles on it. The look on my son's face was PRICELESS!!! :cool1:

We really like Crystal Palace for breakfast at Magic Kingdom. And at Epcot we like Chef's de France for dinner. Have a great trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter