Would love some planning advice.....

PrincessDuck

DIS Veteran
We have been to Disney lots, but have only spent 1 day at Universal. We are planning a trip this December and I would love some advice. We will arrive the morning of Saturday December 9th. We have a room at Royal Pacific Resort for 2 nights and we have 3 day park to park tickets. My plan is to go into the parks the afternoon and evening of the 9th, early entry on Sunday the 10th and Monday the 11th. We will switch over to Disney the afternoon of Monday the 11th.

I don't even know where to start with Universal. It seems that you really don't need to do the planning like at Disney, but I would like some sort of game plan?

Thanks so much for any advice that you can give!
Daisy

Hi when we go and there is EE at the studios we like to go to Diagon Alley first. We love to look in there while it is a little less crowded and ride Gringott's. Since, you have EP you really don't have to plan much for rides. After we do DA we take the HE to IOA then do Hogsmeade. We find the HP areas are better first thing in the morning and later at night. If IOA is your EE park on the 10th I would go and do Hogsmeade first then HE to the studios. Go to DA then do the rides in the studio. Then you can take the HE back to IOA if you want to. However, when you are not going to do EE it really doesn't matter what park you start with. I would go with what rides and attractions you want to see the most. Minions tends to have the longest EP line. Do the HP worlds late afternoon early evening.

Hope you enjoy!

Take a look at the online maps and have a general plan of things. Remember you do not have to worry about being a ride B, C and D at x times because of your fast pass times or at the restaurant because of reservations, have a general plan and go with the flow and enjoy it.
It is because of this why I enjoy UO over Disney.

The beauty of Universal is that you do not need to do much planning to have a great time... especially so with EP. For real! (coming from a Disney planner). Doing the Wizarding Worlds first thing is a great idea. Be sure to check the times for performances such as Tales Of Beatle the Bard and Frog Choir since that really makes the visit special for Potter Fans.

For meals, Leaky Cauldron is great fun (food OK, I like the fish and chips). Mythos in IoA is neat and has some great dishes. For the time period you are going, no real need for reservations at the full service restaurants (I know, crazy!). ;)

A shake from Toothsome is a treat, but be sure to keep in mind the will be a wait... even for take away. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter