Would having a Disney park in Michigan be a good idea?

Discussion in 'Other Lands' started by old lady, Oct 13, 2018.

1. old lady

old lady DIS Veteran

Maybe for them , but the weather?

2. indoshakespeare

indoshakespeare Reach out and find your Happily Ever After

Probably won't be cost effective for Disney. They would probably rather build another one in China

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. fabfemmeboy

fabfemmeboy Mouseketeer

Probably not. There's already a huge amusement park in easy driving distance during the summer months, and the weather would make it unusable for most of the year. Plus there's not a big enough population center in the area to make it a good investment. (And I don't just say that because i'm from Ohio so hatred of 'that state up north' is in my blood ;) )

5. Happiest.Haunt_999

Happiest.Haunt_999 An aura of foreboding...

6. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

I think it would be too cold there

7. Colleen27

Colleen27 DIS Veteran

It would be miserable from about this time of year clean through to mid-April... hardly a recipe for profitability! Not to mention how many of the rides would be unable to operate when outdoor portions iced-over or were heaped with snow.

8. Magical_Suitcase

Magical_Suitcase aka: kid-at-heart

I would love it since we live in Michigan but since our snow months run Nov to Feb I do not see it working. However, I think a park somewhere mid-country would be awesome!

9. lost*in*cyberspace

lost*in*cyberspace DIS Veteran

This would be a terrible idea and would never be considered by Disney. They need a place which attracts visitors year round, not a place which has to close in winter months.

Why do you keep starting threads about Disney parks in ridiculous areas?

kbmartin likes this.
  10. maverik85

maverik85 Mouseketeer

Think he weather would be a big hindrance and the fact that it's not really a tourist area. The latter is probably the bigger reason though honestly. Paris is about the same distance north as ours and gets cold weather and snow too. However historically it has been their lowest performing park so that's not exactly a good argument as weather could be part of the reason. But Orlando, Anaheim/LA, Paris, Shanghai, Hong Kong, and Tokyo are big business and tourist destinations that draw lots of people in every year. Michigan doesn't really have that kind fo draw to pull people there outside of the park.

11. Sandeep1

Sandeep1 Mouseketeer

At present, there are only two other cities I could see a Disney park; Sydney and Dubai.

Some have suggested somewhere in Brazil but I can't see it. Economy is in shambles, most Brazilians couldn't afford to go.

12. AquaDame

AquaDame Disney Cruise Line Moderator

I feel like Dubai would be waaaaaay too hot and hard on maintenance for rides. Unless they put it all indoors but at that point you could do it everywhere, right?

13. Jim Libasci

Jim Libasci Earning My Ears

I miss disney quest that was in Chicago.

kbmartin likes this.
  14. indoshakespeare

indoshakespeare Reach out and find your Happily Ever After

Why not Gold Coast in Australia? It will help both Dreamworld and WB Movie World as a Disney resort will draw in more visitors to the area.

15. marcyleecorgan

marcyleecorgan DIS Veteran

Michigan? Why? Brrrrrrrr

16. AdamEfimoff

AdamEfimoff DIS Veteran

I think it would be too cold but so is Paris (if only Barcelona competed for a Disney Park oh wait), but it is nearish to Toronto , New York,Washington ,Chicago andMaybe Montreal and Philadelphia. it has cheapish land. It has lots of people unemployed to pick from.

17. Professor_Cookie

Professor_Cookie Mouseketeer

Why stop there? Why not throw one in North Dakota? Think of all the gates they could put in!

18. Douglas Dubh

Douglas Dubh True Fiscal Conservative

I’m pretty sure I read awhile back they’ve looked at it and decided there just aren’t enough people in Australia to support it.

I’m pretty sure the next new park will be a second park in Hong Kong. Followed by one in Shanghai.

19. TCRAIG

TCRAIG Member Since 2010 SS/OKW/HH/BCV/WLV/BLT/GF

I just don’t see any more Disney US sites than the 2 they have now...

20. AdamEfimoff

AdamEfimoff DIS Veteran

I think Dreamworld is dead. I just think we also do not have enough people to work in the park