Would a solo Star Wars Galactic star cruiser trip still be fun?

OP95

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I am doing a solo trip to Florida in October and have wanted to experience the Starcruiser since it was announced and this would probably be the only chance I get to experience it.I was just wondering if it would still be a fun experience if you went solo? Any advice would be appreciated!

Hi everyone,

I am doing a solo trip to Florida in October and have wanted to experience the Starcruiser since it was announced and this would probably be the only chance I get to experience it.I was just wondering if it would still be a fun experience if you went solo? Any advice would be appreciated!

If you can afford it, go for it :)

From all the videos I have watched and all the trip reports, those that seem to really invest in the story and the LARPING often have individual missions or experiences and different things to do and see than others in their party. It seems that depending on how much you get involved, you do things with other people and groups.

Have you done previous solo visits to Disney parks? As far as I can see, it would only be during the down time of when you are in your room at night and for meals that you would be alone. The "port excursion" to Batuu is basically a park day, so again it would depend on how you are being solo in the parks.

If you can afford it, go for it :)

From all the videos I have watched and all the trip reports, those that seem to really invest in the story and the LARPING often have individual missions or experiences and different things to do and see than others in their party. It seems that depending on how much you get involved, you do things with other people and groups.

Have you done previous solo visits to Disney parks? As far as I can see, it would only be during the down time of when you are in your room at night and for meals that you would be alone. The "port excursion" to Batuu is basically a park day, so again it would depend on how you are being solo in the parks.
Thanks for the reply, I have never done a Disney trip solo before so this will be my first one. I was worried a bit about the dining but I’m sure it wouldn’t be too bad, I’ve tried to not look at a Lot of videos but it’s been difficult… thanks!

It could even be more fun because you would be free to take on the role of a villain if you wanted (just for example) without having to consider others in your party. You would be free to act as you like and since it's a controlled environment you wouldn't really be "alone" in the same way as you are when you go on a solo Disney vacation. I think it would be fun to be solo on the Galactic Starcruiser. Lots of potential to play whatever role you want.

Completely agree with above postings. The pace is so fast and full that going solo might even be easier than coordinating a group. However, the cost isn't simply per person/ per room. There is a "singles charge" in my way of speaking. It is more expensive to go solo, than to split a room with two people.

I read your concern about dining. My guess is that the Captain's table is already booked at this point. Breakfasts and lunch are at your leisure and seating choice. The dinners have entertainment scheduled, especially night 1. You won't need to worry about "what to say" if you're sharing a table at dinner. Besides, it might be a perfect opportunity to gather more intel.... I mean simply converse on the comings and goings of the ship. Purely for convivial discussions... of course. ;) :D

I see you just joined the DIS boards. So, welcome in. I hope you get to enjoy the forums and I look forward to hearing your insights as well!

Completely agree with above postings. The pace is so fast and full that going solo might even be easier than coordinating a group. However, the cost isn't simply per person/ per room. There is a "singles charge" in my way of speaking. It is more expensive to go solo, than to split a room with two people.

I read your concern about dining. My guess is that the Captain's table is already booked at this point. Breakfasts and lunch are at your leisure and seating choice. The dinners have entertainment scheduled, especially night 1. You won't need to worry about "what to say" if you're sharing a table at dinner. Besides, it might be a perfect opportunity to gather more intel.... I mean simply converse on the comings and goings of the ship. Purely for convivial discussions... of course. ;) :D

I see you just joined the DIS boards. So, welcome in. I hope you get to enjoy the forums and I look forward to hearing your insights as well!
when I was looking at the prices for the stay I did see that I would have to pay as two guests which is a bit of a downside. I did have a quick look at the captains table and can imagine It will be sold out quite quickly. I have also seen the photopass not sure if that would be worth it or not. Thank you for the advice and welcome !

I was worried a bit about the dining

Don't stress dining. At least on regular Disney trips, I've had no issues (and I don't have any on the cruiseline). I just book ADRs for 2 since some restaurants won't find ADRs for 1 even though you'll be at the SAME table as 2 - and you're not charged for a no-show as long as YOU show up. And people are far more interested in their own vacation to be concerned about who's solo or who's doing what.

*Disclaimer - I've not looked into the StarCruiser as I have absolutely zero interest in Star Wars, so I don't know if they have dining like a cruise ship, but if so, everyone would be involved in the whole storyline so it shouldn't matter anyway.

when I was looking at the prices for the stay I did see that I would have to pay as two guests which is a bit of a downside. I did have a quick look at the captains table and can imagine It will be sold out quite quickly. I have also seen the photopass not sure if that would be worth it or not. Thank you for the advice and welcome !

Solos paying double is standard for any cruiseline - except the few that have single staterooms, and then the solo pricing is only for those, not any cabin.

Photopass is my favorite thing as a solo since I can get pictures besides selfies.

I’ve been on the Starcruiser (not solo) and completely agree with @Tiggerette above. While I can’t speak directly as a solo traveler, my impression would be that it’s totally doable and would a lot of fun for most personalities.

My personal advice would be to avoid videos and heavy spoilers. Some expectation management/learning about the storyline can be helpful, but not too much. I went on a almost total media/Disney blog blackout before the trip and I’m glad I did.

I am excited for you, and it sounds like it could be a lot of fun if you can swing the costs. While it may not be for you, there are solo travelers looking to share the costs of the room on some of the threads here - so others are certainly planning on it in one form or another. I can't get the wife into the idea and thought about going with a friend, but I would still want to do my "own thing" in terms of the experience itself. It appears to be setup for a lot of opportunity for cast interaction (which is encouraged), so it should only give you more freedom to enjoy the experience and choices you make.

Thanks everyone for the help, it does make me feel a bit better about going, will try and get it booked this week if the phone lines let me.

I will add - Disney uses a lot of phrases like “create your own story”… “be a part of the action or sit back and watch”… and similar marketing speak in its description of the Starcruiser. Well, IMHO - it totally does play out that way. Literally anything goes in terms of approaches, how you spend your time on the ship or on Batuu, how active or not you want to be in the storyline or experiences. There’s no right or wrong way to do it or spend your time. The guest count works really well in that it’s large enough that it’s easy to sort of slip into the background if you so choose, but small enough that it’s still a rather intimate experience and you’re not going to be overwhelmed, if that makes sense.

If you can’t tell, we really enjoyed the experience. I can’t say we’re really hard-core Star Wars fans and we don’t do LARP type things so this was something totally new and out of our comfort zone - but it was tons of fun and really well done, in my humble opinion. So if the budget allows, two thumbs up from me.

I will add - Disney uses a lot of phrases like “create your own story”… “be a part of the action or sit back and watch”… and similar marketing speak in its description of the Starcruiser. Well, IMHO - it totally does play out that way. Literally anything goes in terms of approaches, how you spend your time on the ship or on Batuu, how active or not you want to be in the storyline or experiences. There’s no right or wrong way to do it or spend your time. The guest count works really well in that it’s large enough that it’s easy to sort of slip into the background if you so choose, but small enough that it’s still a rather intimate experience and you’re not going to be overwhelmed, if that makes sense.

If you can’t tell, we really enjoyed the experience. I can’t say we’re really hard-core Star Wars fans and we don’t do LARP type things so this was something totally new and out of our comfort zone - but it was tons of fun and really well done, in my humble opinion. So if the budget allows, two thumbs up from me.
Thank you, this is the first time I’ve done this type of thing too so I’m gls you enjoyed it even if it isas out your comfort zone. I did want to ask how the lightning lanes work As I know they are included do they only last for the length of the trip or once it’s finished can you then use them?

Thank you, this is the first time I’ve done this type of thing too so I’m gls you enjoyed it even if it isas out your comfort zone. I did want to ask how the lightning lanes work As I know they are included do they only last for the length of the trip or once it’s finished can you then use them?
You will want to scan in as part of your cruise experience rather than "save the ride" for later. Interactions with scannable features might influence your personal storyline.

On the other hand, I have heard that the quick service allotment could be used on the third day if you have DHS reservations then. Since lunch is served on the Halcyon during your excursion day (and in my opinion is far superior to park fare), it seems to be a great way to utilize the quick service option. I also recommend enjoying a full breakfast and taking a to-go breakfast meal as an "elevensies snack." Cheers!

People are very willing to chat on the Starcruiser. I was on my own for part of the time when my DH was busy and had a nice time in the Sublight Lounge, talking to other guests as well as characters.

So I have managed to put my deposit down today, my heart did sink when he told me the price. But I can’t wait to go hopefully it’s worth it, thanks all for the help!
I wish you the best voyage and that you enjoy the experience.

They should not re-theme the starcruiser to Solo. While many prefer the classic stormtroopers, the movie just wasn't that good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter