Worth it to upgrade to Family Suite at ASMu?

pedigot1

Officail disney world nut, or so my wife says!
We have ressies' for the ASMo resort for the first week in october but thought about upgrading to the family suite at ASMu. The cost upgrade is $576 for six nights. Do you think it is worth it? There are five of us (me, DW, DS9, DD6, & DS3)

We have ressies' for the ASMo resort for the first week in october but thought about upgrading to the family suite at ASMu. The cost upgrade is $576 for six nights. Do you think it is worth it? There are five of us (me, DW, DS9, DD6, & DS3)

Just an FYI
Since your little one is 3 you will need 2 rooms or a family Suite.
The values only sleep 4 plus a child under 3.

For comparison, the price of a Family Suite is $9-11 more then 2 Standard Rooms, or $13-15 less the 2 Preferred Rooms, depending on season.

Also a fridge is included in AS Suite.

Fridges cost $10 a night to rent when staying at a value . Don't forget the Queen size bed,a coffee pot and microwave are also in Family Suites.

DH and I stayed in a Family Suite at All Star Music ( a value resort) last Sept. (2006)

We really enjoyed the Queen size bed, the kitchenette with the microwave, having a sofa and cushioned chair to sit on and relax after a day at the parks before retiring for the evening.

I thought the pullouts very comfortable.

They are designed so the back cushion and seat cushion of the pullout support the pullout. There is no metal bar to hurt the sleepers back.

Info thread--Pullouts in Family Suites at ASMU with photos of how the pullout is supported.

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?p=18100990#post18100990

Here is the layout of the Family Suites:

ASMusic_FamSuite_layout.jpg

Here is my review of the Suites:

www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=17640774&postcount=7

For more photos and info please see this info thread:

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1392879

Have fun at Disney wherever you choose to stay!:wizard:

Sorry I kind-of misstated the age of my youngest. He is 2 1/2 so they allowed us to stay at ASMo. We have a room there with no frig or anything like that. just trying to decide if it's worth it. We do plan on coming back during the middle of the day to take naps rest etc. We are on a budget but thought about the move over there. Thanks for the info.

I would do the upgrade. I am trying for a suite there and it is just me and my 9yr old nephew! I think with the number of people and the ages of the kids, it will be nice for you to have a separate space when the kids go to bed. The value rooms are very small. :crowded:

DO the upgrade . We just got home a few weeks ago and we LOVED the suite. We are 5 with a DD15 a DD12 and a DS 5 . WE had our own room ,there were 2 full bathrooms and the kitchenette was good for quick milk and cereal in the morning. I loved it so much that We will book it again when we go back . :cool1:

Sorry I kind-of misstated the age of my youngest. He is 2 1/2 so they allowed us to stay at ASMo. We have a room there with no frig or anything like that. just trying to decide if it's worth it. We do plan on coming back during the middle of the day to take naps rest etc. We are on a budget but thought about the move over there. Thanks for the info.

Ok ,then you would be fine in one room at a value, but I agree I think the extra room would really be nice. There is a lot more storage space. Each child could have his/her own sleeping surface. DH and you could have your space at night with your own TV and the children could their own TV.

Have fun at Disney wherever you choose to stay!:wizard:

Okay thinking about coming back for naps during the day and having three kids there we just thought the extra room would be better. Made the change today. 34 DAYS to check in. wooohooo!

Okay thinking about coming back for naps during the day and having three kids there we just thought the extra room would be better. Made the change today. 34 DAYS to check in. wooohooo!

Congrats!
I hope you enjoy the Family Suites as much as we did.
If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Have fun at Disney!:wizard:

give us a review when you get back! we will be looking into the value suites for upcoming trips (as we have family of 6) and would love to hear how it works out for you!

have a magical trip!

good decision!
having two bathrooms will make a big difference...

also, when we have kitchen facilities, we tend to eat at least breakfast in the room, which saves money...
plus we buy bulk snacks and keep them in the room (big bottles of soft drink, milk, juice, etc.) which is cheaper than buying them in small bottles in the food court.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter