Worth it to take time out to see Fort Wilderness decorations around Halloween?

Yes , some are scaery then others. But for the most part they are tame. But maybe not good for 5 and under. My 6 year old loved it. Remember there are a ton of kids around on halloween itself, so its less scary as the kids outnumber the monsters!

Yes, always worth it! It's a blast but as many people mentioned above, almost impossible to get in with a car.
I will share though that this entire weekend I have seen openings pop up at Trails end for the 31st if you want to go that route.
We usually stay at the Fort all day on Halloween, because we have 2 cars and don't want to lose our parking spots! LOL! However the few years that we have been in the parks and head back to the Fort on the boat, we have never been asked if were staying there or had anyone check our bands at all. It may also be random checks to keep people on their toes. My kids usually leave at a different time than we do, because they each have friends that stay with us on Halloween night and they prefer driving the golf carts around on that day, rather than be in the parks (all licensed drivers).
As others have mentioned though, you can see the decor almost all month, with it's peak being the week before all the way through a few days after. I'm lazy and leave up Halloween for quite a bit of time before I even begin putting up Christmas! We have way more Halloween stuff than Christmas anyway!
Good luck with whatever you decide, you will still see a decent amount on foot if you can't get a cart but you could also go earlier and rent bikes at the barn, which is a lot of fun too!
I got reservations at Trails End for this reason! We are staying at Caribbean Beach and wasn’t planning a park on Halloween. We got our reservation for 4:50pm! We will have a 1yo and 16m old in our group so earlier dinners work best. And we can walk around a little after! We will probably have the kids dressed up. Not sure about the adults but it’s disney so who knows! Haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter