Worst Thing to Happen to You in a Disney Park?

This is minor compared to what others have posted but on one trip my knee became inflamed. On the first day. Had to go to urgent care and got meds. Didn't ruin the trip but made walking tough. I had to rent a scooter the first couple of days. Nothing like adding medical expenses to the budget of a Disney trip.

Sounds like our last trip. My oldest refused to go. My middle one, with her new smart phone, wanted to go back to the resort by noon every day. My husband finally asked her why she even wanted to come. She said I wanted to ride tower of terror. You never told me I had to hang out with you.

Yikes.

Only minor things that are soon forgotten

But one that was major for me was totally my fault and not Disney
At the magic kingdom and left my bag outside the first restroom entering the park
Dont know where my brains were that day
Lost and found received the bag very much later in the day
Got bag back minus $300 gift cards and $400 cash
Worse day ever in the parks and totally on me

Gosh, I'm sorry! This is exactly why I don't carry more than $20 with me at WDW. Everything either goes on my credit card or is charged to the room, and I take my gift cards down every day or 2 to pay down the balance. That's just awful that someone stole all that from you.

Spent the last afternoon/evening here in 2012:

WaltDisneyWorld2012813.jpg

...infected finger on left hand. Had been bothering me slightly before the trip but thought it would "just go away". It didn't :headache:; by the end of the week everytime I brushed it against ANYTHING it would throb with pain. That last day, after we left HS for our mid-day break I TOUCHED DGD's hair and just about passed out from the pain. It was time to visit the walk in clinic.:sad2: They were great; picked me up at the AKL, drove me to the clinic and returned me later with medications in hand. It just sucked that I spent THE ENTIRE EVENING at that clinic waiting to be seen and missed the final night, with the family, at the MK. :sad: THEN...faced a 17 hour drive home the next day! :faint: I fondly remember that trip as the TRIP TO HELL! :rotfl2: :tink:

It's a toss-up between the time I lost my travelers checks (remember those?), yeah stupid me didn't separate the receipts from the checks :faint: and our 2014 trip where I suffered heat exhaustion at Animal Kingdom. Both events ended well, but both could've easily been prevented. Live and learn :upsidedow

Luckily nothing long lasting.

But I have celiac disease, and can't have any gluten.

A restaurant served me fully glutened fried scallops.

After 2 or 3 bites, the waiter told me that they had made a mistake. At that point, the only thing to do was to get rid of it. So I walked into the restroom, and stuck my finger down my throat and continued to do it until there was nothing left to bring up. Not a good way to end a meal.

I got some sort of horrible food poisoning a few days into the trip. (I refuse to believe it was WDW food and am pretty sure it was something I'd eaten at the airport.) I spent a day languishing in bed, sipping ginger ale and eating bananas and applesauce baby food while DH and DS were in Epcot. The next day I was mostly fine (those salmon sandwiches from Norway saved my life, being some nice low-fat protein and complex carbs).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter