Worst Ending to a Disney Trip EVER! (and other things that happened) - UPDATE 6/22!

I'm in! I've got to read some TRs to get me through the next couple of months until our trip!

I love the picture of your black cat. I have two black cats, brother and sister. they hide whenever someone comes over to visit.
I'm looking forward to reading your trip report. We were down there about the same time.

PSHEWWWW... I found you! I thought that the crazy YETI might have gotchya! hehe :rolleyes1

I too will be starting my TR.... soon.... maybe today.... but maybe not. I'm deep in my Post Disney Depression. :sad:

I can't wait to read more.... Carry on giiiiirl! :flower1:

Following! I read most of your pre-trip report (I promise I'll finish reading it this weekend!).

Whew! That's a lot of dedicated reading. I hope you enjoy it!!

Sounds like this could get very interesting! I'm in!! :cool1:

Welcome! :welcome:

I am in - give us more .........

It's coming soon!

Welcome! :dogdance:

A "Friends" GIF and a Harry Potter reference just in the introduction?

Count me in:)

More HP for sure to come!

I am following along :)

Welcome! :flower1:

Uh-oh, with that title I have to follow along! We had a trip last year that got rough in the middle and towards the end, not that I'd wish the same on anyone but anxious to hear about yours!

Hi Ariane! And welcome from my PTR! :daisy:

Following along! I'm excited to hear about your trip. Ours got a little rough too towards the beginning/middle. We get back tomorrow so I'll be posting mine soon too.

Hi Raeven! You posted from WDW!! You are dedicated! I can't WAIT to hear about your trip!

I'm guessing rain and heat......It was crazy hot there the last few weeks.

We did have rain and a lot of heat (OMG) but that wasn't it...

Good guess!

Following... Fun to dream while listening to others adventures

I love to do the same! Everyone does it a little differently than others!

I'm following along for this one! The title has me hooked!

Welcome!! :yay:

I'm in too!

Welcome! :bounce:

Sounds like fun.

I had fun and I hope you find it fun as well!

I'm in! I've got to read some TRs to get me through the next couple of months until our trip!

It's the little things that help you make it through! That last stretch it hard!!

I love the picture of your black cat. I have two black cats, brother and sister. they hide whenever someone comes over to visit.
I'm looking forward to reading your trip report. We were down there about the same time.

Thank you! No one would know that Sirius exists if we didn't have pictures. He does not like anyone in the house but his own clowder (us).

Are you going to write a TR too?

Welcome! :cheer2:

Following!!

Welcome! :banana:

Following and looking forward to reading more!

I'm glad! Welcome! :dance3:

I'm in! Looking forward to seeing your gf options!

Welcome! :jumping3: Yes, that was a big deal for us this trip!

Following. Title hooked me. :)

Welcome! :Pinkbounc

PSHEWWWW... I found you! I thought that the crazy YETI might have gotchya! hehe :rolleyes1

I too will be starting my TR.... soon.... maybe today.... but maybe not. I'm deep in my Post Disney Depression. :sad:

I can't wait to read more.... Carry on giiiiirl! :flower1:

Haha! :rotfl: The yeti certainly tried considering the number of times I rode EE!

I'm glad you found me! I can't wait to read your TR but I totally understand about PDD. I had it so bad the last several trips. But you are going again! This is not the end for you!! :hyper:

Day 0 – Packing. And Unpacking. And packing again. Repeat.

I thought I would start with the day before I left because there is some relevant information there and, well, anticipation!

sKvukVF.gif

So, I went to work. Trying to be as calm as possible. Like I was a normal human being and not the Disney freak that I am.

raw

(Do you think they suspect??)

I may have given myself away by talking a lot about Disney and planning a lot during the last several months…

I had created what I thought was a pretty light Friday workday. In the morning I was going to check into my flight as early as possible so that we could actually be assigned some seats. For those who haven’t read my PTR, we got a crazy good deal on a non-stop Delta flight. The caveat? It was Economy fare. The barest of the bare. You don’t get assigned seats until check-in, you are the last group to board the plane, you are not eligible for any upgrades, and you cannot change your flight for any reason whatsoever. Even if they completely reschedule your flight times, you are stuck.

When we bought the tickets, I was completely comfortable with those restrictions. As we got closer, I started to get nervous about hidden issues that we didn’t even consider. My mom was going to have a small roller carry-on and I let her know that we would probably have to gate check it since there probably wouldn’t be overhead bin space by the time we got on. She was okay with that. We also had an itinerary change a week or two before we left – Delta moved up the departure flight times by a half hour on both flights to and from MCO.

Not a problem for us but I was starting to see that if they really changed your flight times, that could mess you up.

Luckily, I checked in to our flight with no flight time change (whew!) and we got seats! All middle seats scattered around the plane, which we expected, but at least we had them. It made me feel more secure.

I also printed out all my confirmation information, itinerary, spreadsheets, FP+ list…basically anything that I could think of. I did it in shifts going down to the copier so no one would suspect. Aren’t I a model employee??

giphy.gif

In all fairness, I totally did some work, too. I had tied up most of my work loose ends earlier but I had one big project that I had to hand off to another person. This person works at another work location that is actually on my way home. So I, in my infinite wisdom, thought that it would be great to schedule a 2pm meeting at that location and then, after the meeting, just continue on home.

Genius, right???

Well, it would have been had it not turned out to be a gorgeous day before a long weekend. No one was at work. By noon, I had finished everything and my boss and my co-workers were all going to leave after lunch. But not me!

giphy.gif

I tried to get a hold of the person to move up the meeting but no luck. So I just met them at 2pm as scheduled. He was also anxious to leave because all of his co-workers were at Happy Hour. He invited me to join them after. Which was nice. But, Dude. C’mon. I’M GOING TO DISNEY tomorrow! As if!

sheldon.gif

All of which I did not say because that would be mean.

So I finally got the meeting over with and I was out of there!!

I may have walked quickly (ran) from the building and screamed when I got in the car.

J/K

That would be crazy.

And we’ve already established that I’m normal. So…I....did totally do that.

giphy.gif

Excitement just barely contained, I went to Target. I got some things. Can’t remember exactly what (super excited) but I do remember I got some GF snacks because who knows what would be available at the airport.

I then went to Barnes and Noble and picked up some stuff to read.

14203255_10210889955944119_607580566799701829_n.jpg

Yes, those are Archie comics. No judging!

Then I went home and PACKED!

giphy.gif

If you read my PTR, you’ll know that I have this *thing* about packing. (Especially picking out clothes.) Gives me total anxiety. I like to have options. I like to be prepared for anything. I like to buy souvenirs to bring home. I need to keep my luggage under 50lbs. See where this is going?

So I procrastinated. Watched some TV. Called my parents to talk about packing. Joined Instagram. Talked to @VACamm. Got scolded by my DH. Started packing.

Got almost everything in. And yikes, my bag is full. I have clothes for two weeks, plus shoes changes for fancy and just to switch up my feet. Toiletries, ponchos, card games because I don’t know if we’ll need something to do, Mickey ears, bandaids, and multiple bags. I have two park bags to mix it up for my back, a beach-style bag for the pool and waterpark, and two nice purses. One is a Dooney and Burke and the other is the book purse that my sister gave me for my birthday so I can Disney Bound as Belle.

284248_2309517656597_8365945_n.jpg

(Old pic from 5 years ago. I had just gotten the bag as a gift!)

upload_2016-4-13_6-22-10-png.161734

The book purse actually takes up a lot of room but I HAVE to bring it.

I think I’m done so I weigh my bag with my handy dandy luggage weigh-er.

45lbs

Okay.

It’s under 50lbs but I’m thinking I’m going to need more than 5lbs of leeway. (Note: All my electronics and my books are in my carry-on. It weighs a ton.)

So I unpack a couple of things – my raincoat (leave the umbrella) and the D&B purse.

43.5lbs

Seriously???

I unpack everything. And repack it trying to be very judicious about my choices.

42.9lbs

Whaaaa?? That’s the same as 43lbs!

giphy.gif

I go deep into the pockets and get rid of all the extra shampoos and conditioners that I’ve accumulated through multiple trips, wet wipes, hand sanitizer, soap, etc. At this point, I want to just chuck it all, slap on my MB, and call it good.

I get to 41lbs.

Sold.

I’m done!

Well, except for those last minute things – chargers, electronics, etc.

It’s 11pm and I can actually get a good night’s sleep if I go to bed now. I’ll need to be up around 6am but that’s not so bad.

What do you think are the chances of me getting a good night’s sleep before I leave for the Most Magical Place on Earth for two weeks?

Yeah.

Day 1 – I Swear I Can Read!

Last edited:
Day 0 - Addendum

In all of the packing craziness, I forgot to mention that I was also packing for a weekend in Duluth, MN. My mom and I were going to be racing in the Northshore Inline Half-Marathon. We've done the full before but because of many reasons, we decided to just do the half this year.

Since the NSIM was the weekend we were returning (and the reason why we were returning on a Friday instead of a Saturday), I had to pack everything I would need for the weekend. My DH would bring all my stuff, pick me and my parents up at the airport, then drop my parents off at their house in the way, and we would continue up to Duluth with my parents following. (My Dad refused to pack for two trips. The original plan was to just leave from the airport and go straight up. Unfortunately, our house is way out of the way.)

I had created a Rapunzel race costume for my race. I thought it would be fun to do a Disney princess since we were literally just returning from WDW.

Here is a pic before I decided to shorten the skirt:

14102197_10210883737588664_2719119369508430101_n.jpg

I had originally wanted to create the shirt with something like this but I ran out of time:

A6KNe6CCEAAgj3q.jpg

You'll notice that my helmet has a long blond braid!

I was really worried that DH would forget something so I tried to keep it all together in a pile in the back room.

We'll see if he remembered...

Day 1 Part 1 - "No Offense, But..."

Last edited:
I may have given myself away by talking a lot about Disney and planning a lot during the last several months…
:rotfl:

I did it in shifts going down to the copier so no one would suspect. Aren’t I a model employee??

Yes model employee :thumbsup2 Just what I would've done.

I may have walked quickly (ran) from the building and screamed when I got in the car.

J/K

That would be crazy.

And we’ve already established that I’m normal. So…I....did totally do that.

I did too :rotfl2:

I then went to Barnes and Noble and picked up some stuff to read
I just read Cursed Child too, I liked it more than I thought I would.

Got almost everything in. And yikes, my bag is full. I have clothes for two weeks, plus shoes changes for fancy and just to switch up my feet. Toiletries, ponchos, card games because I don’t know if we’ll need something to do, Mickey ears, bandaids, and multiple bags.
I made Josh pack my clothes in the carry ons because I'm always afraid they'll lose the luggage so our suitcase was surprisingly light. :rotfl:

The book purse actually takes up a lot of room but I HAVE to bring it.
You do it's so cute!

JENNA! I'm here!! Yay! Sounds like a perfect day before Disney. I was a basket case at work all day too! When I got into my car once my shift ended, I blasted Disney music and sang the whole way home :rotfl:

I laughed so hard at the image of you packing! That was great and it will be me on Friday! Packing also gives me anxiety so I put it off to the last minute too.

Your Rapunzel running outfit is adorable! I feel you on the packing thing, I'm a HORRENDOUS packer and always overpack. We fly JetBlue and as of last year they have baggage fees, but there's no way I can get around them lol!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter