Worst Disney surprise ever!!

No, of course not, there is a laundry list of horrible, horrible things that aren't OK if they're done as jokes. This just isn't one of them. Seriously, what was cruel about this? It's not as if they're 1st graders that don't know any better, by 8th grade your child should be able to take a joke.

Matt

When I was a youngster, I used to go to the local travel agency and tell them my mum was planning a trip to Disney for us, just so I could load up on travel brochures. I was lying. We could never afford Disney. I just wanted to look the brochures.

This sort of "joke" would have been devastating to me. It was mean, and MOST of the kids in the class did nothing to deserve it.

Maybe you'd find it hysterical to be told that you've won a million dollars, and be allowed to celebrate and really think for a moment that all your dreams had come true. Only to then have the "jokester" start laughing and mocking your excitement and pointing out to everyone your stupidity for believing one moment that anything good might ever happen to you. Maybe that's your idea of fun. Not so for everyone.

Most people would want to punch the jokester in the face.

The age of the "victim" (really? we're using the word victim?) absolutely changes things. A first grader will not have the understanding or life experience an 8th grader has, and certainly not what a fully grown adult would have. People learn and grow as they get older, otherwise there would be no need for movies to be restricted based on age/maturity, nor driving licenses or anything else that is age restricted.

I am not traumatized by the jokes played on me by family, friends or teachers. My family let me get some scrapes on my knees, physical and otherwise and I'm stronger, wiser and overall happier for it. I'm sorry you feel as if such a joke would be cruel towards you, but I'm an adult and I'd laugh at it, I'd probably also plot some good natured revenge and rankle my "tormentor"s feathers with a prank or two of my own. After that I'll move on with my life, because it's just silly to get so offended about a joke.

Matt

I got scrapes on my knees as a kid. I also grew up knowing I could always trust my mother to tell me the plain truth. I knew that she'd never make fun of me, or mock me, or cause me pain. I got enough of that at the hands of bullies at school. When I grew up, I married a man I could trust to always respect me and tell me the truth as well. We tease each other, but with love and without lies or humiliation.

So I wouldn't laugh, and the "revenge" I would have plotted as an eighth grader would likely have involved several slashed tires, at a minimum. I'm a lot more civilized now, so these days I'd likely just choose to never have anything to do with the jerks ever again. And I'd tell everyone, so they can choose for themselves whether these are the kind of people they'd enjoy hanging out with.

Liars can't be trusted.

The age of the "victim" (really? we're using the word victim?) absolutely changes things. A first grader will not have the understanding or life experience an 8th grader has, and certainly not what a fully grown adult would have. People learn and grow as they get older, otherwise there would be no need for movies to be restricted based on age/maturity, nor driving licenses or anything else that is age restricted.

I am not traumatized by the jokes played on me by family, friends or teachers. My family let me get some scrapes on my knees, physical and otherwise and I'm stronger, wiser and overall happier for it. I'm sorry you feel as if such a joke would be cruel towards you, but I'm an adult and I'd laugh at it, I'd probably also plot some good natured revenge and rankle my "tormentor"s feathers with a prank or two of my own. After that I'll move on with my life, because it's just silly to get so offended about a joke.

Matt

The issue with this prank is that the teachers taped it and then played it for other classes. In my mind, that pushes this from a simple prank to bullying. That is not okay and I highly doubt your family would ever do that to you.

Wow! Really uncool! I would have hoped someone who teaches children would have had better judgment than that! Hope these pranksters were punished in some way..

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter