Worried who to get insurance with, regarding volcano issue

rachelanne

Mouseketeer
:surfweb:Hello, ive booked the flights seperately from the accomadation, anyone got any advice or who to avoid using?Thanks:)

I've always had my travel insurance from www.direct-travel.co.uk we always do diy holidays.
I have received a letter today saying that they will cover due to the ash cloud:
Travel delay, Missed departure and Abandonment.

I've always had my travel insurance from www.travel-direct.co.uk we always do diy holidays.
I have received a letter today saying that they will cover due to the ash cloud:
Travel delay, Missed departure and Abandonment.

Is that because you have already taken insurance out with them, or are they still covering new policies? Mine is a package so different terms, but just thought I would ask

Is that because you have already taken insurance out with them, or are they still covering new policies? Mine is a package so different terms, but just thought I would ask

I have an annual policy which i renew every yr, take a look at their website for new policies i would of thought it would apply to new policies as well..

I have just phoned them, if you took out a new policy and the ash cloud struck again then it would be up to the underwriters whether they will cover or not. assume this would be the case now anyway with any travel insurance company
hope this helps
if you do decide to take out a policy with www.direct-travel.co.uk then go through quidco for 14% cashback :thumbsup2

I have just phoned them, if you took out a new policy and the ash cloud struck again then it would be up to the underwriters whether they will cover or not. assume this would be the case now anyway with any travel insurance company
hope this helps
if you do decide to take out a policy with www.direct-travel.co.uk then go through quidco for 14% cashback :thumbsup2

Just done a quick quote with them and they seem cheap! What cover do you go for Netty? They give three options?

hope this helps

Thanks for the link. :) Do you know if the cover level applies only per adult or do minor children get the same level of cover? i.e. if they pay out £600 for a cancelled flight, is that per person or per "group" of members insured? It looks quite cheap, but then the level of cover looks a lot lower than I have usually taken so I just wondered. :goodvibes

Thanks for the link. :) Do you know if the cover level applies only per adult or do minor children get the same level of cover? i.e. if they pay out £600 for a cancelled flight, is that per person or per "group" of members insured? It looks quite cheap, but then the level of cover looks a lot lower than I have usually taken so I just wondered. :goodvibes

Travel insurance amounts are almost always per insured person although on family insurance I think children are treated differently.

Travel insurance amounts are almost always per insured person although on family insurance I think children are treated differently.

See that is what is always a bit confusing because I am a single mum with one child - so most don't count me as a "family" but I'm not classed as individual or couple either. I suppose I would need to email first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter