Worried I might have blown it.

Discussion in 'Disney Discount Codes and Rates' started by Renosiris, Feb 28, 2010.

1. Renosiris

Renosiris Earning My Ears

I have been getting emails for pins for the last year, but not the one I need.

The last email I got was for the free dining plan until Nov 1st. Trouble is my dates are Nov 5th -15th. I wanted to hold out a little longer and see if any deals came up, but we're worried about losing our rooms because we need them connected. We booked.

I was hoping that I might still get an email with a pin for the 20/30/40. My mother is paying for the trip as a gift, and she really wants us to be in a moderate but I won't! I feel bad spending MORE of her money than she will be already. If I can get a pin than I will.

Do you think I blew my chance of getting that pin now that I've booked?

2. ancestry

ancestry Trees Without Roots Fall Over

I'm not sure as the whole entire pin process seems to be so inconsistent. I will tell you that I have never received a PIN once I already had a trip booked but I know from reading the boards that others have.

Maybe you will get a little bit of pixie dust! :)

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. disneybliss2

disneybliss2 DIS Veteran

We received a pin for the first time for this upcoming trip. I had already booked our trip. We received it about a month and a half to two months after I already had the reservation. I just called Disney and they adjusted my rate by using the pin.
    Don't stress...I think you did the right thing. If it's meant to be for you to get a pin, then you will and you can modify your reservation or adjust the rate you're paying. I think it's too chancy to wait and see if you get a pin because it sounds so random of who gets one. At least now you know you have your reservation.

5. Renosiris

Thank you both.

I will both give up and be patient at the same time lol.

6. mlittig

mlittig DIS Veteran

Renosiris, :welcome: to the DIS boards and good luck getting a pin :wave: Just keep checking because who knows, they might add another public discount for your dates :tinker:

7. Renosiris

Thank you for the warm welcome.

I called today to see if there was pins on my account and no luck. Which..is weird because I do have some pins on emails already.

Anyhow, last night actually had a DREAM about getting emails with pins. I woke up all excited thinking that it had happened in real life, until I realized I had only dreamed it all. :rotfl2:

8. DisneyBoundinDec

DisneyBoundinDec DIS Veteran

Is the reservation in both of your names?? My emails address is the one that is in the Disney system. We had 2 trips booked.. one in June and one in November.. I did everything everyone here tells you to do, but didn't get a code. THEN I used my husbands email address, saved a few reservations.. talked to a CM online.. and bam.. 1 week later got the 40% pin.. if your mom is on the reservation too.. try to do everything in her name/email on line.. then maybe the pin will come to her. :thumbsup2 Good luck!!!

9. DISNEY1975

DISNEY1975 DIS Veteran

No. Mym mother gets pin after pin after pin after pin. When one runs out, she gets another for the next block of dates. There is not a single day in the year she is not covered by some pin and she booked her trips every other year or so. If you are on their list, with what I have seen, you will continue to get them.

GL!

10. MickeysFans

MickeysFans Mouseketeer

I have not had any luck either, but I will try DH's email and see if that helps.

11. Rylee

Rylee DIS Veteran

Friends of ours were already booked for this April and received the Free Quick Service Dining pin code for the same time frame.

12. PIRATEGIRL007

PIRATEGIRL007 DIS Cast Member<br><font color=purple>OMG! I am ab

We already had 3 trips booked for 2010 when I got my first pin, so no worries I dont think it matters at all. I actually cancelled all them and then rebooked 2 w/ the pin code when we got the, then cancelled again and swapped to the AP room rate and I still got another PIN for free QSDP today.

13. notaclue

notaclue DIS Veteran

Last year we got a postcard about free dining right after we booked with free dining. This year we got 2 postcards about the 20/30/40 discount. I wish the mouse would quit sending me these great offers cause I can't say no to the little mouse.

14. PrincessJewels

PrincessJewels Earning My Ears

For what it is worth, I just got another pin and I already tentatively booked through Disney with a previous pin.

Not 100% sure we are going but the res are made. ;)

15. LittleStinkerbelle

LittleStinkerbelle DIS Veteran

I've gotten PINs after I've booked a few times. Sometimes they were for the same dates we had booked sometimes not.

I just called hoping there was a PIN for me for October but there wasn't. I had them hold a reservation with the AAA discount but then decided to cancel and hold out for a better discount. We'll see what happens. Every morning when I log onto my email I hope to see a PIN but so far nothin'.