Worried about our 14 day flex tickets

bridda

Earning My Ears
Have just bought 4 of these tickets here in Scotland & was a bit surprised that they're made of paper, not plastic.

Question 1. When we use the new Express thingy do we need to put tickets through machines? If so they're going to be in some state after 2 weeks. Has anybody's tickets fallen to bits?

Question 2. Worst case scenario - if you lose your tickets will Universal or whoever replace them if you have serial numbers or a photocopy?
I realise I sound paranoid but I'm a worrier.
Thanks in advance.

We've just came back and we had 14 day flex tickets and they were fine. We put them in a little plastic wallet to protect them when we were on water rides and they were fine. They are put into the machines for express tickets but they were OK.

I don't know about replacements if you lost them but someone on the boards will probably know the answer to this question.

Shirley

Gee, I thought they would be plastic like the Disney passes. I'm worried too with 3 kids! :eek:

Can I also just say that ours were card, not just paper. They were actually just like our Disney passes. I don't know if yours are different.

Shirley

The tickets I've always used are made of thin card stock, not just paper, exactly like the Disney hoppers.

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael
Proverbs 3:5-6

hwink.gif

<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

The only passes that are on plastic are APs. They last! :)

guy.gif

Barry Hom
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

Click HERE for interesting Universal Orlando information!

thanks everyone. Oops,yes they are actually made of card,not paper. I think for that price they could have gone for plastic, don't you?
Can anyone answer my 2nd question re: lost passes?
We leave in 3 days. Can't wait!

Hmmm...I guess if you have your receipts, photocopies, and other proof that you bought tickets but lost them, Guest Relations might replace them. It's really up to Guest Relations to make the decision.

guy.gif

Barry Hom
Moderator, Universal and Sea World Boards

Click HERE for interesting Universal Orlando information!

Disney always tries its best to accomodate. We have AP's and last year we woke up early with the kids and took the bus to Blizzard Beach. We waited outside the entrance 20 minutes waiting for it to open. When the gates where finally open I realized that I forgot our AP passes. :( I was dreading having to wait for a bus and go all the way back to the hotel. I spoke with someone in the ticket booth and she was nice enought to cancel my old tickets on the spot and reissue new ones. Boy, was I happy. I am not sure if there is a difference between AP's and regular tickets, but I would not spend too much time worrying about it.

The Gagnons--Bob, Tracy, Jacob, and Emily

got home yesterday,what a great holiday.

Wanted to tell those kind enough to reply to my original question, that our passes look good as new after being used constantly for 13 days & pushed in and out of express pass machines.They must put something in the cardboard.

I have to say what good advice we found on these boards before we went.
You were all so right. GETTING THERE EARLY made such a difference.
We were there before opening on several days and had all the big rides done with NO lines by 11 am.

We then used the express system till early afternoon but found they ran out of express passes by about 2 or 3.

Don't know how much fun the late comers had.

We found that most express pass stations had attendants just handing out handfuls of passes on demand without asking to see how many or what tupe of tickets you had, so maybe this is why they were running out.

Welcome back, fionna!

Glad to hear those tickets survived!
:D Sounds like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing!

-------------------------

MOM
Mother of Michael
Proverbs 3:5-6

hwink.gif
radio1.gif

<font color=purple>Co-Moderator of the Community and Universal/IOA Boards</font color=purple>

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!