World Wide of Sports Soccer Tournament - MLK Weekend

JJ2017

DIS Veteran
I'm posting for a friend but I have no idea where to post or if this is a needle in a haystack.

Her son's soccer team is playing in a 3x3 soccer tournament over MLK weekend at WWoS. She is going crazy because she is not being told what the tournament schedule is and if she should buy park tickets and for what days.

Does anyone know if this schedule might be posted somewhere? Or if there is a standard format for tournaments?

There is a dinner on Friday 1/18 at 6 at WWofS and that's all she knows. She wants to know if there will even be any park time.

She also read about a delivery meal service for the kids playing on the field. Is this recommended? She will have her husband and two other sons there to occupy.

THANKS!

My daughter has played in many softball tournaments at Wide World of Sports. Your friend needs to look up the organization sponsoring the tournament for the schedule. However, if it is anything like softball it won't be out until a few days before the tournament. Also, the schedule is typically only for the first game or two then games will depend on if they win or loose.

Also, tell them to allow extra time because it is a long walk from the parking lot to the fields. Parking is free here but it can get very full when there is a lot of events going on. I would imagine a holiday weekend will be busy.

They will also have to adjust the schedule if there is rain or lightning delays so she needs to be prepared that this may happen.

As far as going to parks while at Disney for tournaments we have resolved that if we get park time in that is a bonus. We don't plan anything because scheduling is really difficult. Or we split up and have one parent stays with the athlete and the rest of the family goes to the parks.

FYI- They will have to buy tickets to Wide World of Sports for each day, for each family member who goes to watch. If memory servers it's around $18 a day per person to enter Wide World of Sports. My kid plays here a lot, as we are Florida residents, so I buy an annual pass for the Wide World of Sports complex which runs about $90. Mathematically, this always works out better for me.

We have never had access to meal delivery on the fields before. They do have concessions out by the fields and at the hub of the complex to buy food and drinks. They do allow athletes to bring in water for the athlete only. They also typically allow one team cooler with water. However, no individual coolers or outside food or drinks are allowed in the complex.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter