World Showcase dilemma

TooBoyz4us

DIS Veteran
We would like to try a World Showcase restaurant that we have never been to before! We will just be 2 adults for dinner, and will be on the DDP, so are looking for a (1) TS credit restaurant as well.

If you were deciding between the restaurants below, which would you recommend the most and why?

ROSE & CROWN
La HACIENDA de SAN ANGEL
RESTAURANT MARRAKESH
CHEFS de FRANCE
AKERSHUS ROYAL BANQUET HALL

We would like to try a World Showcase restaurant that we have never been to before! We will just be 2 adults for dinner, and will be on the DDP, so are looking for a (1) TS credit restaurant as well.

If you were deciding between the restaurants below, which would you recommend the most and why?

ROSE & CROWN
La HACIENDA de SAN ANGEL
RESTAURANT MARRAKESH
CHEFS de FRANCE

We've done Biergarten, Teppan Edo and San Angel Inn but none of the ones you have listed. If I had to pick one, I'd go with Chefs de France because that's the one we chose to visit this trip. We chose it because we liked the look of the menu and we want to meet REMY!

ROSE & CROWN
La HACIENDA de SAN ANGEL
RESTAURANT MARRAKESH
CHEFS de FRANCE

We did not like R&C (very bad/slow service and so-so food) or Marrakesh (icky bland food...blech) at all. Chefs De France was ok (very slow service and the food was not hot and it was expensive, but it was yummy food...we had our 3 teens with us and that was a waste) but we might try again for a date night. Never been to the other 2 but have heard bad things about Akershus. We have been to San Angel Inn and liked it, so I would try La Hacienda. Since you're on DP...I'd vote for Chefs De France or La Hacienda.

I've been to all WS restaurants except Nine Dragons. From your list, I would rank them:

Marrakesh
Rose & Crown
La Hacienda
Chefs de France
Akershus

We like Chinese food and the rest. at China was excellent. The egg rolls were the best that I have ever had food was great and the service was outstanding. It is one of my favorite rests. in Disney.

I recommend Chefs de France. We have eaten there twice. Both times the food was very good and the service top notch.

Disworldluv said:
I recommend Chefs de France. We have eaten there twice. Both times the food was very good and the service top notch.

Yes indeed. We love the food at chefs de france. And remy was a cute bonus! :)

Rose and crown is great! Especially liked the cheese plate appetizer and the scotch egg...YUM!!!! Plus the patio seating was great for watching Illuminations!

I haven't been to Rose & Crown yet. Haven't been to Akershus or Marrakesh since 2004, but loved Marrakesh in '99 and '04.

That said - I really enjoyed the Prix Fixe lunch at Les Chefs last year, and it's fun to see Remy. And I also really enjoyed dinner at La Hacienda this year. I would happily do both again. My favorite World Showcase restaurant is Via Napoli, but I am a pizzaholic. ;)

Thanks!!!

Reading all of your experiences really helps ;-)

I am leaning towards Chefs and now that several have mentioned Via Napoli, that to! Hmmmmm, what to do,what to do :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter