World Passport usage and RCI

O&PsDad

Earning My Ears
How have your experiences been with RCI and the Passport resorts?

On paper the DVC point value seems to be on par with the passport destinations. Are there any unseen factors to consider? Is it really as easy as they make it look?

Thanks

How have your experiences been with RCI and the Passport resorts?

On paper the DVC point value seems to be on par with the passport destinations. Are there any unseen factors to consider? Is it really as easy as they make it look?

Thanks
I have II, RCI weeks and RCI points experience. I would quarrel with the idea that trading DVC is a fair trade in RCI. IMO, that would be true for a VERY SMALL subset of exchange options that are both high quality and high demand such as the Hilton's in HI or similar. Plus there are risk in exchanging that one cannot control well such as the chance of one's plans changing. Saying that DVC is an even trade would be exactly like saying that staying off property at Orlando is no different than staying on property. And it really isn't that easy even with planning. The good stuff in particular is unlikely to be available.

Thanks.

You've done it twice. Will you do it again?
I have never traded DVC out, I have traded in many times including 2 weeks through RCI points after the changeover. I would not trade my DVC points but then I have a lot of other options that are better and/or cheaper, usually both. Were I to only have DVC as an option, I'd still be very picky. I'd suggest you investigate thoroughly any exchange options you are considering as to value and unanticipated issues. For example, some resorts routinely give exchangers the worst units and if there is a lot of variability in units, this can be a major issue. A couple that come to mind for HI are KBC and LBC. Another example is that for HI some resorts may have a view but no beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter