World Passport Collection - Hawaii

mm4mm

DCL is our "happy place"
I am wondering if anyone has used this, and the experience overall. Thanks in advance.:earsgirl:

We have not been to Hawai but some friends of ours went to Kapilua Bay on points and loved it. I believe they even stayed long enough to get an extra night tossed into the deal. I think if you. There is a website for Kapilua Bay that I believe is accessible
from either the DVC Members site or you can just search for the site via google.com or whateve search engine you prefer. Hope this helps you.

Bob H, do you know if your friends had a room or a villa? Just curious about which one is available through DVC?

My friends had a garden view room originally but were pleasantly suprised to be upgraded to an ocean view room when they arrived. I am pretty sure it cost them about 45 points per night. I was under the impression that only rooms were available. He did not have a villa. I would be happy to ask my friend for more info but he is away in Key West and won't return for about 2 weeks. Let me know if you would like me to ask him anything else and I'll call him when he returns. good luck!

Thanks, Bob. You've answered my question. If it was a villa, it sounded like a great deal. As a room, I think it might not be cost effective from what I can tell from their website. Thanks again!

Kapalua is a concierge collection trade not a World Passport trade. It is not a timeshare so you may book it less than 1 week. They do have condos there but they are not on the exchange list. It is similar to trading for Disney collection, you are trading for a hotel room. Your guide book will list WPP properties. Kapalua runs 43-60 points/night but they often offer specials- 5th night free kind of thing. If you figure your point cost is around $6/point, you may be saving a little over the cash price especially when you add in room tax.

kem330, you must be able to read minds. I did indeed have Kapalua mixed up with Kona Coast yesterday:o . I was checking so many sites and managed to confuse myself! I guess I should stick to my book.

Thanks again BobH and kem330.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter