World of Color vs. Bellagio Fountains

Which is better?

• World of Color

• Bellagio Fountains

• Both/Tie

Results are only viewable after voting.

NeutralNovice

Mouseketeer
If you watched both shows before, which one is your favorite?

For me, I am extremely torn between the two as I love them both!

I love WoC because it's Disney and it's so colorful and magical! The show is also nice and long and they have so many elements that make it great from the water screens to the incorporation of other attractions.

I also absolutely love Bellagio because the show design is so simple yet very very elegant. It's the Apple Store of the two shows. I'd say the fountain choreography is much better at Bellagio and I believe that their fountains shoot up much higher than that of WoC. Also, their musical selection varies, catering to pretty much any and all tastes!

I'd have to say it's a TIE for me LOL!

WoC is meaningful to me where the Belagio show, while awesome, doesn't make me tear up or anything like that. I like not having to wait though for the Belagio water show. ;)

easy poll..that's kind of like saying "what fireworks are better, Remember, Dreams Come True or the neighbor kid waving around a sparkler at your 4th of July barbeque?" :)

easy poll..that's kind of like saying "what fireworks are better, Remember, Dreams Come True or the nieghbor kid waving around a sparkler at your 4th of July barbeque?" :)

Ha I agree. WOC wins and it's not even close. I've seen both shows multiple times (Bellagio is actually my preferred hotel in Vegas) but the Bellagio show is nothing memorable.

I saw both for the first time 2 days apart and World of Color wins hands down for me. I found it much more impressive and moving. I did manage to see the Bellaggio fountains 2 and a half times and one of them was to God Bless America which I loved but even so World of Color completely outshone the fountains.

WOC is more than just dancing fountains, which is why I think it totally wins in this showdown. And I love the Bellagio fountains, since DH proposed to me right before one of the shows.

That being said, I think the Bellagio fountains were meant to be a cool thing to watch for a little while and then move along. Which is fun because it requires little planning and is very flexible. WOC requires a lot of time and planning to see, so it needs to be spectacular.

Really a question?

WoC makes the Bellagio Fountain look plain and simple. It was nice until WoC happened.

easy poll..that's kind of like saying "what fireworks are better, Remember, Dreams Come True or the nieghbor kid waving around a sparkler at your 4th of July barbeque?" :)

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

I think in a comparison of effort to outcome Bellagio wins. I really enjoy Ballagio's shows, and the wait is almost nonexistant. Also there are great views from many angles. I think the hoopla of WoC negates any emotional attachment for me ! I think it is paced way too slow. I would like if they played quick 2-3 minute segments throughout the night, not using the mist screens. That would add to the park experience to all.
I also enjoy the use of the "loud" fountain effect at Bellagio.....you get the same chest thump as a firework.

I think in a comparison of effort to outcome Bellagio wins. I really enjoy Ballagio's shows, and the wait is almost nonexistant. Also there are great views from many angles. I think the hoopla of WoC negates any emotional attachment for me ! I think it is paced way too slow. I would like if they played quick 2-3 minute segments throughout the night, not using the mist screens. That would add to the park experience to all.
I also enjoy the use of the "loud" fountain effect at Bellagio.....you get the same chest thump as a firework.

Very well said. While I absolutely still love the WoC show and Bellagio equally, the way the two companies run their shows is totally different.

That whole having to wait in line first, 30-45 minutes before the show kind of blows, unless you buy a dinner at Ariel's Grotto or whatever. I would definitely agree that a format like Bellagio, where shorter shows are played every 10 minutes or so would be great; however, I am probably guessing that they may not be able to do it because they'd have to close a lot of attractions early to darken them and the park usually closes at 10pm, so they may not be able to get many shows in. Wow, that was a run on sentence... too lazy to break it up! LOL

I absolutely love both shows.

That being said they both have a ton of meaning to me.

But I do love WOC. I love the music and love the colors. So WOC won my vote.

I'd fully expect on a Disneyland board, to see World of Color be the preferred option for fairly obvious reasons...

I love both shows, but I think the colours added to the fountains on World of Color, along with the mist screens and video projection put it above and beyond the Bellagio fountains for me.

WOC without question!!! It is so much more than watching a nice fountain show. Bellagio is amazing but does not have the colour and the atmophere.

easy poll..that's kind of like saying "what fireworks are better, Remember, Dreams Come True or the neighbor kid waving around a sparkler at your 4th of July barbeque?" :)

That's a bit extreme. :surfweb:

I'm not so sure it's extreme.

Bellagio is water from a bunch of fountain some of which can move one way. Basically the water is dancing to the music in a simple way, like a Jr. High Dance.

WoC has fountains that can do a variety of movements and shapes. More like one of the America's Best Dance Crews. These fountains allow numberous possibilities.

On top of this WoC has tiered screens to project on. Fire, laser and fog effects. And a huge background of lights and structures to add to the show.

Essentially if they wanted Bellagio fountain show to do more, it would have to rebuilt into what WoC is. Kind of like going to school for another 5 years and focusing on dancing for much of it.

I've not seen WOC, but considering I live in Las Vegas, I have seen the Bellagio fountains many times before. From what I've read about WOC, it would be comparing apples and oranges.

WoC hands down, it's just such an amazing show.

The Bellagio fountains are considerably older than WOC. This is like comparing Alice in Wonderland ride to Toy Story Mania. The technical advances make them totally different shows even though they were made by the same people.
For what they are, they are both great.

I still think it is a much more complicated equation of input to output.......personally I prefer a lesser ( but still quality) product with minimal effort .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter