World of Color Fastpass Timing Question

Athenaa

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone,

I used to be pretty good at estimating when to pull WOC FPs, but I haven't been to the parks in two years and there are some new variables in play. Assuming our flight works out, we'll be entering DCA next Friday at about 11 am to pull WOC FPs. Mickey's Halloween Party is that night, and there are two showings of WOC, so they're expecting big crowds in DCA. However, I'm also guessing the crowds will be pretty low when I arrive since it's a Friday.

WOC veterans, do you think I will be likely to pull FPs for the first show or the second, given that DCA will have been open for three hours at that point? This may not seem like a big deal, but I'm trying to plan our evening, and once we pick up those FPs we're heading straight to DL, so what we get is what we get.

Thanks!

No personal experience recently (we did the WOC dessert party in July so no regular FPs).

However, last Saturday Sept 16 my office manager was visiting and she had never seen WOC. I sent her a copy of my WOC Superthread. She ended up getting FPs for the second WOC show at 6PM. They had done DL earlier and hopped to DCA for the evening. If she had asked me I would have recommended not waiting that long. But it worked for her and she said the show was not very full.

You also have the option of booking the dessert party or a dining package of course. My office manager called on Wednesday about that (3 days before her visit) and they had availability for a party of 2 but she had a party of 5 and so could not do that.

:wizard:

Thanks for your response. :) I'm not worried about getting FPs; I know they'll still be available. I'm pretty picky about where I stand for WOC (it has to be at the water, at the rail, center, lol), and I don't need to book dining packages for that. I'm just trying to figure out approximately when the first show FPs run out on days when there are two shows.

By the way, I've been reading your threads for years, so thank you!!!!

Thanks for your response. :) I'm not worried about getting FPs; I know they'll still be available. I'm pretty picky about where I stand for WOC (it has to be at the water, at the rail, center, lol), and I don't need to book dining packages for that. I'm just trying to figure out approximately when the first show FPs run out on days when there are two shows.

By the way, I've been reading your threads for years, so thank you!!!!
OK, I misunderstood your question. The way you worded I thought you were wondering if you could get FPs at all at 11AM. But I see you now meant whether an 11AM FP pickup would be for show #1 or #2. And that I do not know. I suspect show #1 will still be available and likely blue section at that point. But this is based on my experiences in 2014.

:wizard:

Last time I watched WoC (last month) we pulled FPs for WoC about an hour or 2 into park opening. The FP kiosks actually have the times you would prefer to watch WoC, so I think you can choose which showing you want. We got the blue section the first section color and they do not lead to the front. If you want the front then you need to aim for FPs for the yellow section which ends up at the rails up front. Since blue is given out first then the other colors I think yellow is the last section to be pulled so you may have to wait to pull them later after all other sections are pulled.

Edited to add in: Next Friday is Mickey's Halloween Party so DCA may become more crowded with people leaving DL to go to DCA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter