World of Color Dessert Party for Solo Traveler

foohpah

DIS Veteran
Going to be at DL for a work conference solo in early May. I will only have 1 full day in the park and 2 partial days. I have never been (a WDW vet) and I really want to see WofC but I do not want to spent hours waiting for a good spot plus I had back surgery a few years ago and standing in one place for too long of a time can be painful for my back so I am considering the dessert party.

How long would I need to line up in advance? As a solo would I be placed at a table with others - not sure I want to be the third wheel for someone.

Buy the dessert party. You will be seated with others, but it won't make any difference. My party of 2 was seated with another party of 2 and we never talked to the other people. The seats are set in a way so you don't face anyone else. It won't be awkward at all.

People do line up for it early, but there is no reason to do that. You have a paid seat no matter what time you get there. You'll still get your food and your 2 drinks.

We had a solo guest seated with our party of 2. She showed up about 10 minutes before the show started and got a great seat. It wasn't awkward because we made sure to be friendly with her, but we did have to share the same bread basket. Not an issue for us, but I know other posters have mentioned that it made them feel weird sharing a bread basket with a total stranger.

I was a solo traveler earlier this month and I did the WoC desert party. The show was at 8:15pm (park closed at 8pm). I probably got in line a little before 7:30pm. The line had basically doubled back on itself. So I got in line right by the check-in podium. Once they started checking in people, it went fairly quickly. As a pp indicated, you have a paid seat. In fact, the night I went, there were some open seats near me.

I had started talking to a couple while in line waiting to check in. After I checked in at the first podium and walked down to the seating area, the second check-in asked if I minded sitting with other people. Since the couple I had been chatting with showed up at that point, we all ended up sitting together.

If you have an option when you get to the second podium, you may want to see if there are any of the high top tables with an opening. It just added a little extra bit of height to see the show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter