World of Color closed for refurb April 13th. How long???

GeneralTso

DIS Veteran
Any insight on how long WOC will be down?
We have a trip planned mid-May and I can't find anything that says how long it will be down.

Thanks!

No official date for its re-opening has been announced. Edit: Looks like May 24th might be a potential date, though it has not been officially confirmed by Disney.

We are going May 5th-8th and will miss it too. Honestly I would rather have Paint the Night though, very excited!

It’s not getting a new show. This refurb is for annual maintenance and to accommodate the pier construction.
So it will be the original show when it reopens? Hoping so. We are taking some friends who have never seen it this Summer and the original is far and away the best.

So it will be the original show when it reopens? Hoping so. We are taking some friends who have never seen it this Summer and the original is far and away the best.
Yep! And I agree about the original. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

:wizard:

We are going to DL May 13 - 18. I had World of Color dining package down on my list of things for my travel agent to book. She e-mailed me and said World of Color is "dark" from April 13-June 17. I'm assuming she got that from Disney when she called to try and book the reservation for me. This is our first trip to DL, I don't know if it is possible if they finish whatever refurbishing they are doing early if it would open earlier?

The dates going around here have the show reopening for Memorial Day Weekend. May 24th was the date I read: https://wdwnt.com/2018/03/world-of-...onths-to-accommodate-pixar-pier-construction/. Unless there has been a snag somewhere, I have not read a June 17th date anywhere else. Has your travel agent looked at the PTN packages for you? There are dining packages and a dessert party, too.

We just booked PTN and Fantasmic Dining packages today! I am a little worried about our Fantasmic reservation but since it is only an option on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the time we are going I had to make the reservation for the day we are arriving. We have not flown before and my husband uses a power wheelchair. I have no concept of how long it will take us to get off the plane, get our wheelchair back, retrieve our luggage, find our bus, and get to the Disneyland Hotel, check in and make a 4:30 reservation at the Blue Bayou. Flying into LAX from Kansas is intimidating to me in the first place and then managing the timing on top of that, YIKES! We are just going to hope for the best and keep our fingers crossed!

We just booked PTN and Fantasmic Dining packages today! I am a little worried about our Fantasmic reservation but since it is only an option on Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the time we are going I had to make the reservation for the day we are arriving. We have not flown before and my husband uses a power wheelchair. I have no concept of how long it will take us to get off the plane, get our wheelchair back, retrieve our luggage, find our bus, and get to the Disneyland Hotel, check in and make a 4:30 reservation at the Blue Bayou. Flying into LAX from Kansas is intimidating to me in the first place and then managing the timing on top of that, YIKES! We are just going to hope for the best and keep our fingers crossed!
What time are you scheduled to land at?

Hoping it reopens at Memorial day. Bummer if Disney has decided late June is summer. Still disappointed Pixar Pier doesn't open in time for our June trip.

You should be fine for a 4:30 ADR.

Thanks! I'm hoping so. So excited, it is getting closer! Picked up the bag I'm borrowing from my son for our carryon bag today and did a test pack! Sounds silly but I just wanted to assure myself I can fit all the essentials in and only have to deal with one bag on the plane and have my hands free to help my husband when we don't have his wheelchair for awhile! Anything to give me less stress! :)

Thanks! I'm hoping so. So excited, it is getting closer! Picked up the bag I'm borrowing from my son for our carryon bag today and did a test pack! Sounds silly but I just wanted to assure myself I can fit all the essentials in and only have to deal with one bag on the plane and have my hands free to help my husband when we don't have his wheelchair for awhile! Anything to give me less stress! :)
I’m a big advocate of packing cubes. Makes for easy organizing.

...Picked up the bag I'm borrowing from my son for our carryon bag today and did a test pack! Sounds silly but I just wanted to assure myself I can fit all the essentials in and only have to deal with one bag on the plane and have my hands free to help my husband when we don't have his wheelchair for awhile! Anything to give me less stress! :)
One of the great things about vacationing at DLR is the ability to get things you need if you forgot to pack them. Takes so much of the burden off your shoulders! In addition to having things delivered to your hotel (e.g. Amazon.com), there is a 24/7 CVS on the corner of Katella and Harbor, a Walgreens across the street from that, and a Target about a mile south of the parks on Harbor. Those three stores cover us for most things on every trip. So don't worry if you think you might forget something. There's a very good chance you'll be able to pick it up when you get to Anaheim.

Yep! And I agree about the original. If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

:wizard:
I'm so sad I still haven't seen the original. The one year we didn't go during the holidays they were doing the 60th version. I wish they'd alternate them during the holiday season.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter