World Cup Matches on board???

Darren Aaron

Earning My Ears
Going on first DCL adventure June 23 aboard the Fantasy. 7 night Western Carribean. Does anyone have experience with how and if World Cup Soccer Matches will be available and viewed? Is this something DCL will have on their RADAR and or create experiences for?

Less than 2 weeks. Getting excited.

We have sailed during World Cup and it’s very popular internationally you will have satellite coverage on the ship. Some guests wear their jersey to dinner if their team is playing that day.

Going on first DCL adventure June 23 aboard the Fantasy. 7 night Western Carribean. Does anyone have experience with how and if World Cup Soccer Matches will be available and viewed? Is this something DCL will have on their RADAR and or create experiences for?

Less than 2 weeks. Getting excited.

Disney does their best to show all of the big sporting matches. Sometimes they even put things on funnel vision. Of course, there will be a qualifier that they cannot guarantee showing anything. Obviously if something is blocked, or if there are issues with the satellite, then they won't be able to show the event

I was on the Disney Magic for the NBA finals a couple of years ago, and they showed the games live in O'Gills even though they were in the middle of the night.

This might not have any relevance, but I was on a Carnival Mediterranean cruise during the World Cup in 2006, where they broadcast the final match on the big screen above the pool (many people skipped MDR dinner and ate al fresco to watch, lots of Italy fans with flags on board, Italy won, we cruised into Venice the next day and found tons of world champion merch and celebrations, it was pretty special), and on a Royal Caribbean Baltic cruise during the World Cup in 2010, where they broadcast the final match live in the main theater.

Not sure if the Caribbean cruises will be exactly the same, but in 2014 we were on the Magic for the innaugural Greece cruise during the World Cup and many of the high profile matches were shown on funnel vision, and pretty much all of them were on in O'Gills. My daughter was able to ask for a specific match to be put on in O'Gills if it wasn't already on one of the screens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter