working on our ADR list (updated in last post - at 100 days out finally snagged ROL!!!)

so interesting....i'm still doing my rolling ADRs (for the days past the 180+10)...
each day i make one or two additional ADRs (for the new day that's come open)..
but at the same time, i revisit any ADRs that aren't exactly what we want..
and low and behold, suddenly a few came open that i've been trying for every day..
so strange!

so interesting....i'm still doing my rolling ADRs (for the days past the 180+10)...
each day i make one or two additional ADRs (for the new day that's come open)..
but at the same time, i revisit any ADRs that aren't exactly what we want..
and low and behold, suddenly a few came open that i've been trying for every day..
so strange!

That's brilliant. You know you sound so relaxed about it all now. I guess once you've got the 1st tranche of 10 out the way and you're just adding 1 a day, you've got time to "play" with those you've already got.

That's brilliant. You know you sound so relaxed about it all now. I guess once you've got the 1st tranche of 10 out the way and you're just adding 1 a day, you've got time to "play" with those you've already got.

yes, the day by day adds are much easier since you're competing with a smaller group - only those who have 180 +10 who are starting on their last day first or those like me who are adding the '11th' day by day...

the only thing making it difficult now is i'm reserving for 8....

so can anyone guess which is the most difficult ADR to get? and for which day of the week?

the only thing making it difficult now is i'm reserving for 8....

Has it been difficult getting tables for 8 people? As I've previously posted I'm going to have to make ADRs for 11 people, then 14 people, then 18 people. Were you able to make all the ADRs online or did you ring up Disney dining for any ?

Has it been difficult getting tables for 8 people? As I've previously posted I'm going to have to make ADRs for 11 people, then 14 people, then 18 people. Were you able to make all the ADRs online or did you ring up Disney dining for any ?

ugh...today was a bad day in ADR world...
the system was completely down until about 8:30 AM EST..

i started trying to get in at 6 AM EST, but no go..
i kept at it for about 40 minutes and then gave up...
(to drive to the beach to take my mom for a walk)..
at 7 AM EST i called into disney dining and once i got to a CM she said, "the entire ADR system is down for enhancements, please try calling back later"
well i didn't call back..
instead as my mom and i sat on the beach i obsessively kept at my iphone app..
finally at 8:30 AM EST, i got through on the iphone MDE app and made the ADRs i needed for that day..
well, not the ones we wanted, but something else..
i can't seem to get this one place...i'll have to try again when we get closer to the date.

as for the 8 people question...
i haven't had any problem at all...
the only issue might be slightly later hours than what i would like..
for example, it seems that akershus only will offer me a 1:20 time....
no matter which day..
if i play with it with a smaller number, a better time comes up, but for 8 people, i can only get 1:20...
not terrible..
but we're with toddlers and really would like to eat at noon every day..
most places i'm able to get noon.
i can't at akershus, or at san angel inn....strange..but i did get something at both..

as for more than 8 people?
i don't know...
does it say anything on their website about large groups?
maybe there's a special number for large groups?
or maybe you could break it down into 8 and 10?

if i were you, i would call disney dining in advance and ask them if there's a special number for large groups...
just so that you know in advance..

also, if i were you, i'd go into the system and try to make a dummy reservation now...
just to see if 10, 12, 14, 18 is possible..

once you make your real reservations, if you can't get the number you want, maybe you can make multiple bookings at the same time..
like 6 and 6, to get 12.....i don't know if that will work..

there are threads about this issue over on the restaurant board..
i'll see if i can find one for you...

oh wait....i also had a problem with yak and yeti..
for a group of 8 it would only give me 2:40 PM....that's pretty darn late...
that was the worst one..
i booked it, but i don't think we'll do it..
it's just too late..
and it didn't matter when i knew i was the first person probably booking it.
it seems the system just won't offer a group of 8 anything before 2:40 PM..
so that's annoying...

today was the last day of ADRs..
the last 2 days of the trip aren't part of our package so i had to wait to book the ADRs until 180 days for each of the last two days..
i didn't have a problem with our AK/epcot day, but our last day at MK did prove to be a tough one - couldn't get us plaza for lunch or BOG for dinner, even though i was only booking for 4 (not 8 as with all the other ADRs).
i'll keep trying as we get closer to the date....if we get it good, if not, we'll survive..

i did pretty well the rest of the trip.

Following are the ADRs i have (for our group of 8):
Magic Kingdom:
BOG (dinner)
Cinderella's Royal Table (lunch)
Crystal Palace (lunch)
Plaza (lunch)
Skipper Canteen (lunch)

DHS
50's prime time (lunch)
Sci Fi (lunch)
Fantasmic dinner package - hollywood & vine (dinner)

Epcot
Akershus (lunch)
Coral Reef (lunch)
La Hacienda (dinner)
San Angel Inn (lunch)

Animal Kingdom
Tusker House (lunch)
Yak & Yeti (lunch)

Resorts
1900 Park Fare (dinner)
Beaches & Cream (lunch)
Chef Mickeys (dinner)
Whispering Canyon (dinner)

looks pretty good....only 160 days or so to go? ...and the planning continues...

by the way, we decided against any TS at disney springs as when we get over there it's for CS at earl of sandwich...
in fact, we'll probably go there on arrival day, since we'll get in later in the day...
so after check in, we'll head over to earl and a bit of playtime at lego or wherever for the kiddies...then back to the resort to get them in bed by 7 PM...

Last edited:
You've got some great choices! Would you believe I missed our ADR date for the summer trip? I managed to get most of what we wanted however despite being around three weeks late!

I also forgot about Rivers of Light for Easter and all the dining packages have been booked up too.

You've got some great choices! Would you believe I missed our ADR date for the summer trip? I managed to get most of what we wanted however despite being around three weeks late!

I also forgot about Rivers of Light for Easter and all the dining packages have been booked up too.

glad to hear you got most of what you want despite missing the date..
yes, i'm pretty happy with what we have..
i don't have rivers of light as it's not yet open for august....
i've been checking it daily, but who knows...i hope i'll be able to get it..

we're now at about 100 days and for some reason i popped into disney.com yesterday to see if i could get the rivers of light dining package...
when it opened up for august, i was unable to get it - even though we were already booked at tusker house.

anyway, yesterday i popped in on a lark and what do you know - i got ROL!!!! so now instead of just a regular tusker house lunch reservation, we have the ROL package lunch at tusker house!! woo hoo!!!

and while i was in the reservation system, i figured i'd see if i could improve on a few times that i didn't like...
and sure enough, i was able to fine tune 5 of our ADRs.....moving them from 1:30 to 12:00....
so now only one lunch ADR is at a less than perfect time..

but the point of this post is - NEVER GIVE UP!!!

i tried for days and days around our 180 day mark...
as i said at the time, i got most of our ADRs, but not all of them at the times we wanted..

so now at 100 days, i was able to get the elusive ROL plus correct most of the times!!!

bottom line, don't give up....keep trying....even months later!!!

happy planning!!! :)

we're now at about 100 days and for some reason i popped into disney.com yesterday to see if i could get the rivers of light dining package...
when it opened up for august, i was unable to get it - even though we were already booked at tusker house.

anyway, yesterday i popped in on a lark and what do you know - i got ROL!!!! so now instead of just a regular tusker house lunch reservation, we have the ROL package lunch at tusker house!! woo hoo!!!

and while i was in the reservation system, i figured i'd see if i could improve on a few times that i didn't like...
and sure enough, i was able to fine tune 5 of our ADRs.....moving them from 1:30 to 12:00....
so now only one lunch ADR is at a less than perfect time..

but the point of this post is - NEVER GIVE UP!!!

i tried for days and days around our 180 day mark...
as i said at the time, i got most of our ADRs, but not all of them at the times we wanted..

so now at 100 days, i was able to get the elusive ROL plus correct most of the times!!!

Good work!!

We found that Cape May Breakfast was booked up for our whole 2 week stay in June/July. Check this weekend just gone, and you can get it for variety of days.

I agree that you should never give up!

Also got lucky and got an Illuminations Fast Pass for 4th July, along with a Le Cellier Dinner :D

Good work!!

We found that Cape May Breakfast was booked up for our whole 2 week stay in June/July. Check this weekend just gone, and you can get it for variety of days.

I agree that you should never give up!

Also got lucky and got an Illuminations Fast Pass for 4th July, along with a Le Cellier Dinner :D

wow!!! that's amazing that you could get that for the 4th!!

haven't done our FPs yet....at the end of may/beginning of june is our d-day for that..
we were thrilled about the ROL...now we won't have to 'waste' a fastpass on ROL....
DD and DS are working on our FP strategy..
i'll do whatever they say :)

wow!!! that's amazing that you could get that for the 4th!!

haven't done our FPs yet....at the end of may/beginning of june is our d-day for that..
we were thrilled about the ROL...now we won't have to 'waste' a fastpass on ROL....
DD and DS are working on our FP strategy..
i'll do whatever they say :)

Yeah it's our second to last day of a two week trip, so right at the end of our FP window, so turned out pretty good. Plan is to see the MK 4th July Fireworks from Cali Grill on 3rd July (my wife's birthday).

Good work on ROL :) We've got a FP for that this time. Exciting to see new stuff like Pandora, since our last trip in November

Yeah it's our second to last day of a two week trip, so right at the end of our FP window, so turned out pretty good. Plan is to see the MK 4th July Fireworks from Cali Grill on 3rd July (my wife's birthday).

Good work on ROL :) We've got a FP for that this time. Exciting to see new stuff like Pandora, since our last trip in November

i wonder how the 4th fireworks will be at MK this year..
i saw them when it was still wishes...
being a sappy american (albeit an expat), i LOVED the special 4th fireworks with all the patriotic songs...i had tears streaming down my face for it...but again, that was as a very nostalgic sappy american!! :o

i wonder how the 4th fireworks will be at MK this year..
i saw them when it was still wishes...
being a sappy american (albeit an expat), i LOVED the special 4th fireworks with all the patriotic songs...i had tears streaming down my face for it...but again, that was as a very nostalgic sappy american!! :o
Yeah I've not seen details yet, apparently, according to the WDW site, last year it was different to being Wishes so I don't know what to expect with Happily ever after!!

I'm looking forward to it, we had our first Thanksgiving in November, time for our first 4th July :)

Great advice to anyone panicking as they approach their 180 days :-)

As our plans have evolved we've also tinkered with times, restaurants and even days but have still managed to snag everything we've wanted, including a coveted ROL package with a Tusker House breakfast. I will caveat that by saying that we're not doing CRT or BOG this trip but enough faith and effort and most things are possible!

i just booked a brand new one...well the meal isn't new, but the event is new....
it's called "the music of pixar live!" at DHS.....
it's just like the fantasmic dining package in that it's offered at the same three restaurants...
so one night we have the fantasmic dining package booked and the other night we have the music of pixar live dining package... so happy!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter