Wording for kid's party invite

lan3

Mouseketeer
I have triplets. Since they started school, I have sent invitations to classmates from one kid (they are in three classes). For example, for a child in triplets A's class, the kids receives an evite from triplet A. I do this so people do not feel they have to bring 3 gifts. This system was very confusing for me because I had 4 evites depending on who was invited (one for each child and one from all three children for close friends and family).

This year, I would rather send an evite for all three but not get gifts. I really do not want people to spend a lot and we are inviting 40 kids and we do not need 120 gifts! I don't think people will come empty handed so I was thinking of doing a book donation for an inner city school or maybe another donation such as pet items for a shelter. How would you word this? Thanks!

I have triplets. Since they started school, I have sent invitations to classmates from one kid (they are in three classes). For example, for a child in triplets A's class, the kids receives an evite from triplet A. I do this so people do not feel they have to bring 3 gifts. This system was very confusing for me because I had 4 evites depending on who was invited (one for each child and one from all three children for close friends and family).

This year, I would rather send an evite for all three but not get gifts. I really do not want people to spend a lot and we are inviting 40 kids and we do not need 120 gifts! I don't think people will come empty handed so I was thinking of doing a book donation for an inner city school or maybe another donation such as pet items for a shelter. How would you word this? Thanks!

How old are your children?
I can see where donations would be appreciated by a charity.

I would say:

"In lieu of a gift, Jimmy, Bobby, and Susie are accepting pet items or monetary donations to take to the (insert charity) in honor of their birthday".

I would then try and take a picture of them taking the donations to the shelter or something like that to include in the Thank Yous.

I think the donation idea is great, your local humane society is probably in need of really simple items like paper towels, bleach, food, treats. You could say something like "come help us celebrate A, B, and C's birthday. We request no gifts, but will accept items for :::insert charity of choice:::: that the kids will drop off together. *Charity* could use any of the following donations....."

If you look on pinterest, they have quite a few ideas on how to word an invite. You can google "donation party" or something similar. Good luck!!

How old are your children?
Are they regularly invited to birthday parties? Do they bring gifts?

They are 7 and they go to parties regularly. They do not all get invited to parties. I always just bring the one child that is invited. If all three are invited, I buy three gifts but that is rare. If people invite one of my children and casually say that the other two are welcome, I always decline politely. I hope that answers your question.

They are 7 and they go to parties regularly. They do not all get invited to parties. I always just bring the one child that is invited. If all three are invited, I buy three gifts but that is rare. If people invite one of my children and casually say that the other two are welcome, I always decline politely. I hope that answers your question.

Yes, it does. I was trying to edit my question so it made more sense. I think the way you handle parties sounds very reasonable.
:goodvibes

"Because of the sheer number of guests involved with three birthday children, we are requesting no gifts, but thought it would be a great time to make a donation to the kids' favorite cause, ________! If anyone would like to participate, the organization is in need of:
X
X
X
and (names of kids) would be very excited to deliver the combined donations in honor of their birthday!"

We did this for DD's 7th birthday. She is an only, but as the youngest cousin of 14 VERY spoiled! and we didn't want her to have 25 or 30 gifts on top of family presents. We said something like "G loves animals and wants to help take care of them Instead of presents, she would like donations for Save A Pet or The Hooved Animal Humane Society." blah blah blah. I also included the shelter's wish list.

It was a huge success! We received a ton of donations and a few checks for HAHS. Right away when we got home, we unpacked all the donations and I took a picture of DD with them. We used this for the thank you cards. Some close friends did bring a little something for her but nothing big and she was very happy to take the donations in.

That's exactly what we did for our triplets first grade bday party. The kids wanted to invite everyone in each of their classes (about 85 kids total!) instead of having a smaller party with gifts. It was near Christmas, so we worked with the local fire dept toy drive. I don't have our exact wording, but at the bottom of the invitation we had something along the lines of As I'm sure you can imagine, three children with birthdays so close to the holidays receive an abundance of gifts from family members. Please do not feel obligated to bring anything to our party since we really just want to have fun with all of our friends, but if you'd like to donate an unwrapped gift to XYZ Fire Dept Toy Drive, we'd be happy to deliver it for you! . I then spread the word to my close friends that we honestly did not expect any gifts for our children and that everything would be donated. They helped spread the word for us. It was a huge hit and almost every single child in all three classes came! And we donated a ton of toys to the toy drive for less fortunate children.

Have fun and enjoy these sweet years with your babies. They grow up so very fast!

I would honestly put on the invite...."No gifts please". It's the easiest way and if someone does bring a gift, simply say thank-you and put it away, out of sight for later.

We have done this many times as well, always with great success.

We just put a note that says *no gifts please* and an explanation that we would love help giving to others on our birthdays.

We usually called Ronald McDonald house and asked what they needed most. We've done towels, bandaids, books, snack foods, baby food.. they were always very appreciative.

My kids want for nothing and always seemed to have very specific interests. I hated the idea of people spending money on 18-20 things they would not use. They received what they wanted from family.

Our agreement was that they could have a large friend party with no gifts or a small party with gifts. They both chose large until they were 12 or so, and just wanted a few close friends for a sleepover.

Have fun!

"Because of the sheer number of guests involved with three birthday children, we are requesting no gifts, but thought it would be a great time to make a donation to the kids' favorite cause, ________! If anyone would like to participate, the organization is in need of:
X
X
X
and (names of kids) would be very excited to deliver the combined donations in honor of their birthday!"

That gets my vote.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter