Woot Animal Kingdom Here I Come!

Maliki2

DIS Veteran
Well after the past few years, wife and I stayed at POR for the honeymoon in 2001, then ASsports last year, we decided to hit it big for 2 days...Animal Kingdom Savannah room! Feb...16th and 17th! Cost us some monies...but who cares we will enjoy this! I can't wait!

Great choice. We love the ambiance of that resort. The scents and decor really take you away. Make sure you eat at Bomas for a real treat. Try the Curried Coconut Seafood Soup...Oh, and Zebra Domes...Don't worry, you eat them, not step in them...

CaipiraBob said:
Great choice. We love the ambiance of that resort. The scents and decor really take you away. Make sure you eat at Bomas for a real treat. Try the Curried Coconut Seafood Soup...Oh, and Zebra Domes...Don't worry, you eat them, not step in them...

I surprised the wife...she's very excited (me too!), what exactly is a Zebra Dome anyway? :P

You'll love it!

I stayed there in May and it was fabulous. :) Try to eat at Jiko if you can, and Boma.

Ok you both posted about the rests....my wife is a bit worried because of the books...they didn't give them much of a rating, actually really low....these books are a few years old...should I worry or just go full steam ahead?

The Restaurants are unique and IMO very tasty. You will have plenty of dining options both at AKL and throughout WDW.

Have a great time! :banana:

Jiko's is amazingly good: right up there with California Grill, Citricos, etc. Ok, much better than Citricos, I think LOL.

All of the recent guidebooks I've read give both restaurants very high marks. :)

We will definitely try them out then....I take the information from DIS to heart. Usually when reviewes here are good the real life is good also. I looked at the book my wife had and they did rate them a one star but this book is a bit old so who knows...and I don't really care...going to try one of these. We've dined all over WDW and I have yet to try either of these!

That curried coconut seafood stew is one of the best things I've ever eaten in my life. I don't think I would have tried it if our waitress had not suggested it since it was July and I really didn't think hot soup would be appetizing in that heat but boy was I wrong. I can't wait to go back next July and get it again!!

I hope you have a great time! DH and I loved our AKL Savannah room; we stayed there in March. Try the night vision goggles.

We love Boma and have eaten there many times. We didn't care for Jiko too much (bad service and food not that great), but I know many DISers will disagree. We'll try it again one day just to see if we like it better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter