Wonder/September 2-6 2001

skihause

Earning My Ears
Since I do not see too many trip reports about the four day Wonder, I would like to reassure you that this was a great cruise. We did not travel with children, but there were 1000 kids on board, and a better behaved group cannot be found. If you have any questions, I will be more than happy to answer them if I am able. The thing that stood out to us the most was the lack of litter, clutter, and dirt. This is a very clean ship, so is Castaway Cay. I have been on many ships, and this was just pristine. Every crew member was happy and smiling, our requests were met with smiles. I know this is generalizing, but I will be happy to answer all questions if I can. There is one shortcoming, the cruise was too short. We stayed in a Navigators Verandah cabin, and it was roomy and spoiled us rotten. Also, thanks to all who gave us great advice before we left. These boards are wonderful!

We are sailing on the Wonder's 4day cruise on 10/14. Any suggestions for excursions? Did you go onto Nassau?
Also what dinner rotation did you have? We are two adults, three teenage girls, & a 9yo girl, are there any dinners where you needed to "dress up"?
Thanks for your suggestions

Dear Dawn,
We went on the Blue Lagoon excursion. It was very nice, and included a nice lunch on the island. The water was so clear and blue, and we just enjoyed the music and the beach. The ferry ride over was nice, with the captain giving a running commentary on the sights, such as Atlantis, the golf course, hotels, etc. This is the island where Gilligan's Island and Flipper were filmed. We did not go into Nassau, we are early risers, and had early dining. Two fifty year old girlfriends were worn out by the hot sun! Our dining was Parrot Cay/Triton's/Animators Pal/Parrot Cay. We did not get to eat in Palo's, it was all booked up before we could get there! Of course, we had the Navigator's Verandah, and only ate in the dining rooms for dinner, except for the lovely huge breakfast the last morning. We enjoyed the room service for breakfast on the verandah, and ate on Blue Lagoon and Castaway Cay for lunch. On the sea day we just had ice cream, chicken fingers and munchies by the pool for lunch. It just went by so quickly. The movie theatre was somewhere we wanted to go, but ran out of time. The Disney Dreams show was wonderful, and we enjoyed the Pirate Show one too. I know your family will enjoy the trip, it is truly family oriented, but does have activities for adults too. Try to go to the dueling pianos show, the performers had us laughing. I know after this past week, you may need a good laugh! God bless you on your trip, and have a great time. Let me know how and if you liked it! Louise

Dawn, sorry I forgot about the dining /dressing up question! Every one was dressed very nicely. At early dining, I didn't see any beaded gowns or tuxes. Just families that looked so healthy, and happy. Some dads had on suits and ties, others had on buttoned shirts, the little girls had on pretty dresses or nice outfits. The boys at our table, age 7 and 10, wore chinos and button shirts. We all took extra care to look nice. No jeans, or shorts in the dining room that I saw. >L

Hi Louise,
Thanks for your info. I guess I better be pretty quick if I want to book Palos! I was asking about Nassau because I am seriously considering just staying on the ship that day & all of us hanging out. The teens have a party that night, we can take our 9yo to the movie or show.
After this tragic week, I was wondering if we could even go away, but we are. Reading reports like yours helps me invision having a happy time a making good memories.
Hopefully the hardest part will be getting those teens to get out of their shorts or jeans for dinner!
Thanks again!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter