Wonder, San Juan, January, Second Thoughts?

We have been debating whether or not to go in January since the hurricanes hit ...

and last weekend we cancelled - so sad (since it was an onboard booking - we just moved it to the future while waiting for Jan 2019 schedule to come out).

If I wasn't going to help the good people of Puerto Rico, I was going to stay out of the way.

I did receive an e-mail today from Flavors of San Juan Food and Culture Tours (took one of their tours several years ago --- AWESOME). and they said that they will be back up and running full tours by November (Great News) in St. Thomas, Old San Juan and St. Martin!!

So best wishes to those of you go. I love Puerto Rico, and hope to travel there again in the future!

Unfortunately for us, we are booked with a 20% discount from the January 2016 Fantasy cruise. I am still hoping to use it before it expires January 2018.

We’re going to be on the February 4 repo cruise that starts in San Juan and ends in Port Canaveral. We were worried for a minute there but there are so many people saying that businesses and hotels and many things will be pretty much close to normal by then. And they can probably use people dining in their restaurant and spending money here and there. We’re going to fly in a few days early and even if all we do is hang out by the hotel pool we will be happy enough.

I honestly think you'll be fine. Many of the southern ports avoided direct hits are already accepting tourists. Cruise ships (not DCL yet) are beginning to return to St. Thomas starting November 10th, St. Croix is accepting ships by November, San Juan is allowing departures, Both PR and the USVI are on track to have 90+% electricity by Christmas. More restaurants and bars are opening on these islands every week. Airports are operational. Cruise ports are operational. I'm not trying to downplay the devastation, it is awful and you will likely still see signs of it years from now, but they are working hard to get them back up and running again. A lot of progress will be made over the next three months.

We changed from the January 21 Wonder cruise out of San Juan to the January 20 Fantasy. Still hope to visit PR at someday!

We are on the reposition from Galveston on January 9th, we are paid in full for a while and we are going.

Disney already announced changing of the port from Tortola to St John Antigua for Magic in November out of NY. But they sail to San Juan.

It's a real lazy vacation for us so we don't really care much about the ports. And we are flying out of SJU on the morning the cruise arrives there.

I don't think we will bring a lot of money to San Juan. But it seems like we are not going to loose our money surprisingly. Because I was ready for anything considering the situation.

I am amazed that things are going the way they are going now. But hopefully it is good for people in San Juan.

I'm booked on the Jan. 14th Wonder cruise. We really debated the first few weeks after the hurricane but in the end, we paid in full and are continuing with our plans.

But we are only flying in the day before and leaving the day we disembark so won't be spending much time in PR.

We are on the Jan 9 repo, with plans to stay in San Juan for a few days post cruise. Unless Disney cancels, we have every intention of going.

We are on the Jan 28 sailing. We are going to cruise but we are toying with flying in same day instead of the day before. We'd fly first thing on the 28th from MCO. Airlines are being pretty lenient in changing flights with no penalties.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter