• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wonder(lots of pics)-8 people, 4 nights and 2 trips to CC–July 27-31 (complete w/WDW)

What time were the characters on Castaway Cay? I want to get a lot of character pictures. Is it posted in the Navigator? Your pictures are great!!!
Thanks,

Scrapbookqueen
Kellie

The characters were on CC around 9:30 - 10:00 a.m. and again around 3:30 - 4:30 p.m. The Navigator is great with giving the windows of time and where. It doesn't necessarily state which characters will be on CC, but it does say when and where. We missed them the first day because we got off the ship too early, the second day we were more leisurely and timed it perfectly.
Hope this helps!
-Laura

vatchr: I love your pictures!!!!!!! Your family is beautiful and it looks like you had a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I wanna put my picutres from my cruise up. How did you upload your photos? Thanks for helping!!!! God bless! Happy Mickey!!

vatchr: I love your pictures!!!!!!! Your family is beautiful and it looks like you had a BLAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. I wanna put my picutres from my cruise up. How did you upload your photos? Thanks for helping!!!! God bless! Happy Mickey!!

Hi, thanks for the kind words. We did have a blast! As for pictures, I use photobucket.com to store my pictures and then upload them as I post by clicking on the insert image icon in the reply box.

That is the basic information, if you need more help. Let me know.
-Laura

We all showered and got ready for dinner. No pictures before dinner tonight, so we just met at Parrot Cay just in time for our meal. Again our servers were wonderful! It was our last night with them.

Here is DD1 with her drink of choice (another Shirley Temple):

disney08866-1.jpg

During dinner, there were many rounds of Happy Birthday being sung around the dining room. Lizzietish made the comment that no one has ever sung Happy Birthday to her in a restaurant and she was jealous. Well…big brother DH decided to give her what she asked for (even though her actual birthday is at the end of November) and spoke quietly to our server Oliver about singing to her. Well, he laughed and thought it was a great idea (knowing it wasn’t her bday) and got Nyoman to join him. They both serenaded her and in the process totally embarrassed her. It was great. Just another way that the servers became like part of the family during this trip.

Here they are with Lizzietish:

disney08909-1.jpg

disney08908-1.jpg

disney08903-1.jpg

After dinner was over, we decided to skip the show to make sure we were all packed up and I really wanted to make it to Till We Meet Again, so we used that extra time to leisurely walk around the ship and take some last pics. We knew that disembarking tomorrow at Port Canaveral would be quick moving, so this night was our last opportunity to soak it all in.

Here are some of our random shots around the ship on our last night:

These guys are in the windows of the shops by the Walt Disney Theater:

disney08665.jpg

disney08669.jpg

disney08670.jpg

We had been searching for the giant portholes and found them on the last night – here are the girls posing:

disney081003.jpg

disney081012.jpg

disney081010.jpg

disney081005.jpg

Up on deck 10:

disney08994.jpg

disney08992.jpg

By Triton’s:

disney08995.jpg

disney08998.jpg

And also some sunset pics taken that evening:

disney08792.jpg

disney08663.jpg

After wandering the ship, we headed back to the room to finish packing – suitecases had to be in the hallway before 11:00 pm if we wanted DCL to transport them. We flinished that task and then headed up to the Atrium for Till We Meet Again – that was a great time. Rina, Nana and Lizzie tish came with us. DH chose to sit this one out in the stateroom.

Up next: Characters, characters and more characters at ‘Till We Meet Again

Your report has been so enjoyable I hate for it to end. We will be doing our first ever cruise next June and I can't wait!! :cool1:

Thanks for bringing it to life for me. Our boys have no idea and I get excited when I think about telling them when we spend Xmas as DW. :santa:

Your girls are beautiful and always smiling. Looks like it was a fabulous time.

Sincerely
Joan

How lovely of your servers to serenade Lizzietish :) Fantastic pictures yet again. What a shame it's nearly over :sad2:

Thank you so much for your great TR!
We are going on our first cruise in November. 4 day on the Wonder. Actually the 7 day Land/Sea, but the first three days are at BCR.
We cant WAIT!!!
Thanks again for getting me psyched up! ( LOL Like i needed the help! :lmao: )

Great Trip Report :) Don't want it to end!!!
Im going on my first cruise in DEC 7 day Land/Sea so it really helped to visualize the cruise! You girls are beautiful!!
Did you happen to notice what people wore on their feet for snorkelling if they didn't rent?

:sad1: Awww...I don't want it to end!!

Neither do I!!:sad2: Anyone u for some WDW pics when I'm done?

Your report has been so enjoyable I hate for it to end. We will be doing our first ever cruise next June and I can't wait!! :cool1:

Thanks for bringing it to life for me. Our boys have no idea and I get excited when I think about telling them when we spend Xmas as DW. :santa:

Your girls are beautiful and always smiling. Looks like it was a fabulous time.

Sincerely
Joan

Thanks for the kind words. I have had a great time writing this. I'm glad that I could help you get excited for your trip. I wish we had another cruise planned.

How lovely of your servers to serenade Lizzietish :) Fantastic pictures yet again. What a shame it's nearly over :sad2:

Lizzietish was so embarassed, it was great! It is sad that it's almost over. About 2-3 more updates and then we're home.:sad1:

That sunset picture is incredible. Amazing!

Thanks, my dh took it.

Thank you so much for your great TR!
We are going on our first cruise in November. 4 day on the Wonder. Actually the 7 day Land/Sea, but the first three days are at BCR.
We cant WAIT!!!
Thanks again for getting me psyched up! ( LOL Like i needed the help! :lmao: )

Glad I could help! ;)

Great Trip Report :) Don't want it to end!!!
Im going on my first cruise in DEC 7 day Land/Sea so it really helped to visualize the cruise! You girls are beautiful!!
Did you happen to notice what people wore on their feet for snorkelling if they didn't rent?

Thanks for the kind words!

DH said most peole had flippers on for snorkeling, but the first day he went out barefoot and had no problems.

Love your trip report... We leave in 45 days for our first cruise.. I am so excited...

I am in VA also, where are you?

I see your photo's are with a Oly E-500. How do you like it? DH has a Oly E-330 and I have the Oly E-3 ;) and I have been looking at the E-500 as a upgrade for DH.

Hope you share the WDW portion as well.

Great trip report, thank you for sharing. The pictures are all wonderful and your girls are beautiful. I love their outfits! I can't wait for the next installment including WDW!

Loving the trip report just found it. YOur family is adorable and looks like you all had a great time! Cant wait to read more!

Love your trip report... We leave in 45 days for our first cruise.. I am so excited...

I am in VA also, where are you?

I see your photo's are with a Oly E-500. How do you like it? DH has a Oly E-330 and I have the Oly E-3 ;) and I have been looking at the E-500 as a upgrade for DH.

Hope you share the WDW portion as well.

Thanks, we are in Northern Virginia. I'm hoping to have another update up tonight.

Great trip report, thank you for sharing. The pictures are all wonderful and your girls are beautiful. I love their outfits! I can't wait for the next installment including WDW!

Thanks! I'm hoping to have the next installment up tonight.

Loving the trip report just found it. Your family is adorable and looks like you all had a great time! Cant wait to read more!

We did have a great time. It's been fun reliving it during the past few weeks.

After wandering the ship we headed back to the room, finished packing, changed our clothes (into the clothes we would wear to disembark) and put our suitcases into the hallway.

At about 9:45 we headed to the Atrium for ‘Til We Meet Again. I had no idea how this show worked, except that there were going to be lots of characters. We got there very early, but there were already others waiting also. There were CM’s hanging out getting ready so I asked how it worked and where would be the best spot for viewing.

They gave us some tips, but also explained that the characters fan out on both levels and do meet and greets for about 20 minutes. So if you move fast, you could basically see many of the characters. I had no idea that we would have photo ops also, WOW!

So we just sat and waited. Rina, Nana andLizzietish were with us. We had front row for the entrance down the staircase.

Here they come:

lauradisney08191-1.jpg

disney081416.jpg

disney081418.jpg

disney081420.jpg

disney081421.jpg

disney081417.jpg

Donald and Daisy were right in front of us for the whole opening show. They were hysterical:

disney081440.jpg

disney081440.jpg

Here she is trying to "fix" his hair - he's not happy about it:

lauradisney08197-1.jpg

Then after the characters and some of the actors/actresses from the stage shows came out – they sang some songs and then spread out for meet n greets.

We rushed around (it was actually very organized) and the lines were SHORT…

And saw:

Peter Pan

disney081423.jpg

Princess Aurora:

lauradisney08180-1.jpg

Alice in Wonderland:

lauradisney08189-1.jpg

Minnie Mouse:

lauradisney08188-1.jpg

Cinderella again:

lauradisney08190-1.jpg

We then went upstairs and saw:

Chip n Dale one last time:

lauradisney08186-1.jpg

Stitch one last time:

lauradisney08183-1.jpg

He almost swallowed up DD1 - she was loving it:

lauradisney08182-1.jpg

Then they started calling all of the characters back to the stairs to say goodbye! It was very sad because I knew it meant the end of our cruise. Each character was announced as they walked back up the stairs and the others waved goodbye to them.

Bye!

lauradisney08194.jpg

Bye!

lauradisney08196.jpg

Bye Donald!

lauradisney08200.jpg

Then it was just Mickey and Minnie left. There was a song and they we all waved goodbye to them.

lauradisney08203-1.jpg

disney081457-1.jpg

Now back to the room to sleep, get up early and disembark!

Up next: Disembarkation day and back to the Hyatt

Super awesome. What time does that start? Do they set up chairs in the atrium then? Though I never have been on the ship, isn;t that a small area to have a show, or do not many people come?
I definatley want to, seeing your photos.
So did you stay one extra night in FL before flying out? I am actually thinking about that. DD will be lacking sleep and I was thinking if we jsut got a room that day and slept and relaxed, the plane ride might be more pleasant. Our trip to WDW in March, she was so overtired and had gotten sick one day, and she was having totla meltdowns at the aipr port and plane til lwe took off and hten she fell asleep. It was so embarrassing and at the same time I felt for her too. I know DH wil lwant to get home ASAP, but I think a day of nothing will do us all good before jumping back into life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter