Wonder getting REPO'ed to Vancouver!: May 20th, 2013 Official Thread!

I hope they will still have the fireworks. It makes the cruise that much special!!

So, I just called.

There is no pirate night. Instead, it is a party in the Atrium with you favorite "Pixar Pals."

And I very specifically asked about the fireworks as it is one of my and DHs favorite moments on a Disney cruise. There are no fireworks. :(

-Dreams

We learned that it was cancelled today, too. Good thing my parents looked at the itinerary because I was going to buy pirate stuff this weekend! I feel bad for anyone that invested in pirate outfits only to find out it was cancelled.

We called and they said that all Alaska cruises (ours included) are no longer doing the Pirates of the Carribean night. What we forgot to ask is if there are the other pirate activities during the afternoon and a pirate dinner. Does anyone know about this?

So, I just called.

There is no pirate night. Instead, it is a party in the Atrium with you favorite "Pixar Pals."

And I very specifically asked about the fireworks as it is one of my and DHs favorite moments on a Disney cruise. There are no fireworks. :(

-Dreams

Thanks for sharing. So I don't have to find my Pirate gear. I am second guessing our Palo reservation for this night now though.

Corinna

Thanks for sharing. So I don't have to find my Pirate gear. I am second guessing our Palo reservation for this night now though.

Corinna

I"m sad about the fireworks, they were unique, but we will still have a great cruise!!
Elaine

I"m sad about the fireworks, they were unique, but we will still have a great cruise!!
Elaine

I have to admit that in 9 DCL cruises I only made the Pirate party and the fireworks once and I found the deck party rather tedious. I loved the fireworks, but not enough to endure the deck party again.

Corinna

Woo Hoo! According to an email from Guest Services posted on the FB page, the fireworks may still be on, even if Pirate Night is gone.

Just got off the phone with DCL with "some" clarification on Pirate Night vs. Pixar Pals night, fireworks, and other issues. They reminded me that things are always subject to change (and the "repo" cruises are always a bit different), but here is the latest...

Mon: Cruise Casual Dining (rotational)
Tue: Formal Night (generally Golden Mickeys menu and show)
Wed: Cruise Casual Dining (rotational)
Thur: Cruise Casual Dining (rotational)
Fri: Pixar Toy Story 3D Dinner menu (and Pixar Pals Party in the inside lobby)
Sat: Semi-formal (generally the Captains Gala menu if GM on Formal night)
Sun: Cruise Casual Dining (generally the Til We Meet Again Menu)

On "rotational" nights, the menu that night is tied to the dining room you are in. (A=Animator's Palate, P=Parrot Cay, T=Triton's)

There is no Pirate Night this cruise; HOWEVER, as "valee" posted, there should be fireworks on a night to be determined sometime during this cruise (but not on the Alaska cruises).

NOTE: From what we've learned, what the "land based" DCL office says does not always match reality on the ship. So, please take the above just for reference. You get your actual dining rotation when you check in at the port (on your KTTW card) and the Cruise Overview will also be published that day to show what they are actually planning to do each day/night of the week.

If any other Dis'rs have any info, please post.

Finally, we don't worry about our rotation or the specific menus (they're all good to us...we just go with the flow and enjoy!); but for those unfamiliar, here is a link to a Disney Cruise Line Blog that has links to pretty much every menu on every ship if you really want to plan your dining adventures (or at least to see what you may expect)...

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/

1 week to go !!!

:banana::dance3::cheer2:pixiedust::dancer:party:

I hope they will still have the fireworks. It makes the cruise that much special!!

Disney sent me an email and yes there's fireworks.

Thank you for choosing a Disney Cruise Line vacation. We look forward to sailing with you on May 20, 2013, from Los Angeles to Vancouver, Canada.

During your voyage, you’ll be among the first to experience our new onboard gathering, Pixar Pals. We're truly excited about it and hope you will join us for this special event in the atrium on the evening of Friday, May 24, 2013. This new themed night starts in the dining room with a special menu and continues in the atrium with all of your favorite Pixar Characters.

While the Pixar Pals evening will replace our Pirates IN the Caribbean themed evening, on one special evening during your cruise, we will also host a fireworks at sea presentation on the upper decks. More information on the Pixar Pals party, fireworks at sea and all the other onboard activities will be available in the Personal Navigator that will be delivered to your stateroom during the cruise.

I'm booking my vehicle now, we're probably going to book a private vehicle -- 1145am early enough pick up time from the Disneyland area? We've never done the drive so I don't know how much time I should allow? It is a Monday, should we go with 1130??

I'm booking my vehicle now, we're probably going to book a private vehicle -- 1145am early enough pick up time from the Disneyland area? We've never done the drive so I don't know how much time I should allow? It is a Monday, should we go with 1130??

The drive should take about 35-45 minutes. I would go with anywhere from an 11:15-11:45 pick up time. Just depends on what you are going to do that morning and what time your check out is where you are staying.

Hi!
I am new to Disboards. I am VERY excited as this is my first ever Disney Cruise! I also received the email stating that the Pixar Pals Party replaces Pirate Night, but the fireworks will take placed on another night TBD. I am excited about the Pixar party, but I am a bit disappointed that they cancelled Pirate's Night as we already purchased a bit of pirate gear! Oh well! Does anyone know if they will still do the Pirate's Night on the Caribbean cruises?
6 DAYS UNTIL I LEAVE
ONE WEEK UNTIL THE CRUISE!!! :cool1::boat::jumping1:

I am excited to meet everyone!

Hi!
I am new to Disboards. I am VERY excited as this is my first ever Disney Cruise! I also received the email stating that the Pixar Pals Party replaces Pirate Night, but the fireworks will take placed on another night TBD. I am excited about the Pixar party, but I am a bit disappointed that they cancelled Pirate's Night as we already purchased a bit of pirate gear! Oh well! Does anyone know if they will still do the Pirate's Night on the Caribbean cruises?
6 DAYS UNTIL I LEAVE

They don't have pirate party because of the weather in Alaska, too cold to have an outdoor deck party in the evening, and some sort of regulation prohibited fireworks. We don't have pirate party because we are the repo cruise, so they test run the Pixar things on us. They still have pirate party on Caribbean cruises don't worry.

I have found and signed up for a kids pirate cruise in Victoria, they do face painting and cruise around inner harbor on a pirate ship. We will use our pirate gears for that instead. They are called Pirate Adventures Victoria. Seems fun according to reviews and their website.

TLPL said:
They don't have pirate party because of the weather in Alaska, too cold to have an outdoor deck party in the evening, and some sort of regulation prohibited fireworks. We don't have pirate party because we are the repo cruise, so they test run the Pixar things on us. They still have pirate party on Caribbean cruises don't worry.

I have found and signed up for a kids pirate cruise in Victoria, they do face painting and cruise around inner harbor on a pirate ship. We will use our pirate gears for that instead. They are called Pirate Adventures Victoria. Seems fun according to reviews and their website.

They did indeed do a full pirate party (with the exception of fireworks) on the Alaska cruises in 2011. It was fabulous. Not sure why they are changing it. As for the fireworks, they cannot do them legally in Alaska due to environmental safety laws. of course, the repositioning cruise near sets sail in Alaska at all.

- Dreams

They did indeed do a full pirate party (with the exception of fireworks) on the Alaska cruises in 2011. It was fabulous. Not sure why they are changing it. As for the fireworks, they cannot do them legally in Alaska due to environmental safety laws. of course, the repositioning cruise near sets sail in Alaska at all.

- Dreams

My guess for the change is that not all the AK cruises were able to have the Pirate party outside due to weather. We sailed Aug. 2011 and our Pirate party had to be held indoors because of the weather.

My guess for the change is that not all the AK cruises were able to have the Pirate party outside due to weather. We sailed Aug. 2011 and our Pirate party had to be held indoors because of the weather.

We also sailed at the beginning of Aug 2011 and the weather was gorgeous! Our pirate party was outside.

Hi!
6 DAYS UNTIL I LEAVE

Welcome on board. I am quite excited about the Pixar Party, but I am a little worried that no Pirate Night means no Stitch as there have been some cruises where he was only around during Pirate Night.

Corinna

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter