Wonder Dry Dock and Magics Interior

HappyGrumpy

DIS Veteran
How often do the ships receive new furniture in the restaurants and in the WDT? What about the pools and the decks? Will the Wonder get flat screens this year?

Also, I have only sailed the Wonder what are the biggest differences in the interior of the ships and where would those differences be most noticeable?

I have sailed the past 2 Decembers on the Wonder, we have the Magic booked for our first eastern in Dec so I was just curious as to what I might expect!:cool1:

After watching the special last night It got me thinking!

Don't know all the answers so bare with me

How often do the ships receive new furniture in the restaurants and in the WDT? What about the pools and the decks? Will the Wonder get flat screens this year?

I think they do dry dock every 2 years but I'm not 100% sure. I don't however think they change all the furniture they just touch up areas that need it and redo things. I would assume that the Wonder will get flat screens at its next dry dock but I'm not sure when this will be. Don't think the pools or decks will be altered for awhile as I think they did this a few years ago and with the new boats coming along I would assume that alot of the refurbishments now are just going to be cosmetic enhancements.

Also, I have only sailed the Wonder what are the biggest differences in the interior of the ships and where would those differences be most noticeable?

The only real noticable difference is the one restaurant and lobby. In the lobby if you look up you will see a sculpture and this is different on each boat. Also the centerpeice is different. On the Wonder you have a bronze/metal statue of Ariel in the lobby while on the Magic you have a bronze/metal statue of Mickey Mouse as an old fashioned sailor with souwester (is that how you spell it). Oh and the front of the boat has different design on as does the back for both boats. The interior decor is really the same apart from the paintings around the boat which do vary.

The restuarants that differ are Tritons on the Wonder and Lumiere's on the Magic. They are both in the same place and the decor for Tritons (as you know) is kind of under the sea and blues and greens with the giant murial at the back. For Lumiere's its a more elegant French feeling restuarant. The murial here is Beauty & the Beast.

Other than that most of the differences are small, such as Topsiders being Beach Blanket on one of the boats and Route 66 being Beat Street. The rest of the boat is the same, which makes it easy to navigate etc.

Thanks so much! They do seem to rotate the ships every 2 years. I work next door to the dry dock and every Sept/Oct one of them is in. The Magic was here this past time. I was just curious to know how different it would look and feel and you did a great job breaking it down! Hope they do give the Wonder the flat screens that would be a nice touch.:thumbsup2

HG

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter