Wonder 4-night November 2021 - How merry it is to return to cruising!

anricat

DIS Veteran
Embarkation Day - Friday, November 19, 2021

We finally get back to the thing we love - cruising with the mouse! Our last cruise was on the Wonder in January 2020 so we were excited to be back on board.

Once again, our cast of characters:
Summer - that’s me!
Roger - my DH
Emmaline - my DD, age 13

Despite living in Austin, TX this was our first sailing out of Galveston. We always looked at the itineraries before but just weren’t that excited by any of them. When DCL resumed sailing and things were looking a little better in terms of the virus and once our whole family was fully vaccinated, we decided to take a look at just about anything that would GET US BACK ON A SHIP. The itinerary was definitely not that exciting, but we were ready for a vacation and we have a lot of cruise credit from cancelled cruises so we booked it. Four nights with two sea days and one day in Cozumel.

We woke up, got ourselves ready and finished packing and hit the road about 7:45 AM. There was only a small amount of traffic and one wrong turn that cost us a little time (I’m so terrible at all those highway interchanges in Houston) and one pit stop at Starbucks to use the facilities and have a snack, we arrived at the parking place where I had made a reservation at around 12:00. We had a Port Arrival Time of 12:15-12:30 so it worked out pretty well. We had to wait for a shuttle, but arrived at around 12:20 and dropped off our bags.

There were a lot of personelle around to direct folks and they had the people with later PATs lined up outside on the right and asked us our PAT as we approached the line and took us to a smaller line on the left side for folks that had a PAT eligible for entry. We only waited a few minutes outside to keep the line inside to a minimum. We went right in to the Covid testing area and had to wait outside a small tent for our turn. We completed our tests and then went to the security area. We had to dump our waters, which was a first. We’ve embarked from Port Canaveral, Miami, Vancouver, Barcelona, and San Juan, Puerto Rico and never had to dump water so that was strange. After security we entered a large waiting area where an employee directed us to a group of seats where we waited.

We waited about 40 minutes for our test results and once we were cleared we went to the check in. I asked about a possible room change and was told it wouldn’t be possible as no rooms were available but I could ask Guest Services once on board. We had originally booked a room on deck 2 midship - our favorite category, but were given an “upgrade” to a deck 6 forward room (that we didn’t really want). So we boarded and Captains Minnie and Mickey were greeting passengers. Once about five groups got into the atrium, they had a quick little show (super quick - like a couple minutes) to welcome us on board. The atrium looked beautiful with the holiday decorations. (This was our first Merrytime sailing.)

IMG_4869.jpeg

I asked at Guest Services about a room change and they said that they didn’t think so but that they would get back to me in the app once everyone was on board (okaaaay). We went up to Cabanas and enjoyed an embarkation lunch. The way Cabanas was set up was that they had two stations on each side (so four total) with the same items at each station. The pickings were definitely less than we were used to, but not a problem and I found things I could eat. The main problem was that even with four stations, it was still way too many and the turnover of the items just wasn’t high enough to make sure the food was hot and fresh and everything was pretty much cold. This was our experience at Cabanas both breakfast and lunch throughout the cruise.

After this we went to our muster station and checked in with the Crew Member there and then went to see if the room was ready. They told us 3 PM, but they were ready much earlier (it was maybe 2 PM when we went). We had a piece of luggage already too! At 3:45 they sounded the ship’s whistle and we watched the safety drill on the stateroom TV. After that, I contacted Guest Services in the app via chat because I hadn’t heard back and I thought certainly everyone was on board because I think 4 PM was all aboard time. They said that not everyone was on board yet and they would get back to me.

So we went up to deck 9 to find some snacks. After snacking, Emmaline went to see what was going on at Edge and Roger and I returned to the room. Upon returning, the phone rang and it was Guest Services informing me that no other rooms were available. Given that the ship was at half capacity, that seemed odd. But it must have had to do with how the stateroom hosts were assigned or lifeboat distribution/capacity. In the end, it was fine that we didn't upgrade because the wind was pretty insane our whole trip and I wouldn’t have hung out on a verandah anyway.

So we spent some time unpacking before heading down to the French Quarter Lounge (I keep trying to say “Promenade Lounge”) for some origami. It was hard to find a seat as half the tables were blocked off for distancing. Which was silly because they were spaced further apart than the tables in the the dining room and some tables that were closed off were further away than some tables that were open. It didn’t make any sense and every time we attended an activity in French Quarter Lounge, it was an issue. Our flapping cranes complete, it was time for dinner, which was in Animator’s Palate. We had a really nice meal and our servers were fabulous.

IMG_4871.jpeg

After dinner we decided to go to Disney Tunes Trivia, hoping they had changed it up since our last sailing. They hadn’t. It’s the same songs we’ve had the last few years. How hard would that be to switch it up a bit? Sheesh. After that, we returned to the room to finish organizing our belongings, watch some on demand on the stateroom TV and relax a bit. I felt a little tired from the drive and was ready for an early night. We were losing an hour anyway for the time change.

Last edited:
I'm sailing out of Galveston on December 3rd. It's just dh and I. Looking forward to hearing your food and show reviews!

Sea Day - Saturday, November 20, 2021

I put my running clothes in the bathroom the night before so I could change and slip out. I’m always up before my family, even though I slept all the way until 7:30 (though, remembering that we lost an hour it was really 6:30 so close to my normal at home wake-up). By 7:45 I was up on deck 4 running some laps. It was really quiet up there. Usually there are a number of people walking or running, but this time I only encountered one other passenger (many crew members were bustling around). I did three miles (9 laps) and finished up around 8:15 and went up to deck 9 for some fruit at Daisy’s while I waited for Roger and Emmaline to wake up. They were up by 8:30 and we all went to Cabana’s for some cold breakfast. *grumble*

We went back to the room and I showered and we got organized for our day. At 10 Emmaline went to Edge to see what the activities for the day would be. Edge was a little strange in that none of the activities were loaded into the Navigator app making planning a little difficult. She went in the morning and took a photo of the white board so that she could figure out what she wanted to do. After Edge, she went down to French Quarter Lounge to do some coloring and I dried my hair while Roger read his Kindle. (I have a lot of hair, it takes awhile to dry.)

At 11:15 we went over to D-Lounge to take an Animation Class. I don’t know why they call it that, because really it’s a still character drawing. Anyway, we drew Mickey, which was a lot of fun. We’ve tried Stitch and Donald on previous cruises, but I really did much better with this one. The Club Host, Gus was teaching it and he was fabulous. I was super impressed with his instruction.

After that it was time for lunch. I wasn’t keen on cold Cabanas again. They really needed to have fewer stations open. The turnover just wasn’t high enough to have that many stations open with the ship running at half capacity. Roger and I got some sandwiches at Daisy’s supplemented with some fries from Boiler Pete’s, soup from Cabanas and Emmaline got a few items from Cabanas. It took awhile to assemble everything and grab a table where we could eat and watch some funnel vision.

After lunch, Emmaline went to Edge for some activities there, Roger went for a walk on deck 4, and I returned to the room to write up some notes for this trip report. Often I start writing them while still on the cruise, but for this shorter cruise, I decided to leave my computer at home so instead I just made notes I could reference later. Roger returned from his walk and we decided to try the adult trivia in Azure. It was just sort of general knowledge trivia. We did…okay. After that, we went up to Cove Cafe and had a coffee. We both had enough punches on our respective frequent buyer cards from our last cruise that we were able to combine them (2 for me and 3 for him) to equal the 5 needed for a free coffee. Yay, free coffee!

At this point Emmaline sent a message that she was done in Edge so we finished up our coffee and regrouped on deck 9 for some snacks and watched some funnel vision under one of the overhangs because it was pouring rain. We enjoyed watching some Muppet Christmas Carol until we decided we were cold and returned to the room to watch TV. There really weren’t any afternoon activities we were interested in. This is the part where we were really missing a variety entertainer onboard. Usually on a sea day there might be an afternoon show with the juggler, illusionist, ventriloquist, etc. Or once we went to a juggling workshop that was a lot of fun. But it was sort of a lot of trivia so we were sort of at a loss. Every 15-30 minutes the app showed that characters were scheduled to “appear and wave” and sometimes Emmaline would go check who it was and report back. They were generally up on deck 4 on the side where the future cruise desk used to be and they would put the characters behind a rope. You could interact with them and take (masked) selfies with them. They did also have some time in the evenings with characters in the atrium that you could take photos with. They did allow you to temporarily remove your mask to take a quick photo with the evening atrium characters with ship photographer.

IMG_4878.jpeg

Dinner on this night was in Tiana’s and it was the Mardi Gras menu, which we enjoyed. The beignets were better than I remembered (but still not as good as those in New Orleans). I know some people aren’t into the music and show in Tiana’s, but I really like the music and the dancing and fun. We had a good time. After dinner we went outside for a walk on deck 4. It was super windy so we didn’t stay long. Somehow Emmaline had never been into the forward section with all the mooring equipment other stuff and she thought that was pretty cool. After that, Chip and Dale “appeared and waved” so we interacted with them a bit. They were at the end of their set and there was nobody else there so we had a little longer interaction with them, which was fun. I will say that with few people and no real lines for characters (for the afternoon/evening photos in the atrium with the photographer, yes, there were lines but for appearing and waving, there really weren’t) we got to have some good interactions.

IMG_4880.jpeg

At 9 PM it was time for another drawing class. This time we drew Minnie and at the end, she came out to greet us and see our drawings, which was a lot of fun. We went back to the room and got ready for bed and our port day the next day. They told us since we were late leaving Galveston, we would be late getting into Cozumel, despite the captain pushing the ship at 19-20 knots. It didn’t matter to us, there was rain forecast for earlier in the morning so we planned to leave the ship around 10 or 10:30. And yes, we skipped the show, Frozen (which also played on our first night and we skipped). We had already seen it twice before. It’s fun, but I actually prefer Tangled (on the Magic) and some of the other shows.

IMG_4889.jpegIMG_4894.jpeg

Thank you for getting this going so quickly! We are on the 12/3 sailing as well, so exciting to be getting back to cruising!

Thank you so much for this trip report! We are sailing this same itinerary in two weeks. I'm excited to learn about what is available in terms of activities on board.

Cozumel - Sunday, November 21, 2021

Strap in, this is a long one. Oh Cozumel. What a day. I’m sure it will be funny in a few years, but this whole day was a comedy of errors. Now, I’m normally a pretty positive person and if you’ve read any of our previous adventures, you know we’ve had great fun and I don’t usually complain… But I’m getting ahead of myself. I woke up early again. My plan was to sleep in, but I woke up around 6:30 and after laying in the dark for awhile, I finally got up around 7:15, tossed on my clothes from the day before (that I had stashed in the bathroom for just such an eventuality) and quietly slipped out to grab some fruit and a warm drink on deck 9. I took the forward elevators all the way to 9 and then traversed the deck all the way aft. This was a huge mistake. It was absolutely pouring and there was water everywhere. By the time I reached Daisy’s, my feet were drenched and my shoes sodden.

IMG_4895.jpeg

I found a slightly dry-ish spot to eat my fruit and hot cocoa and watched some funnel vision and our approach into Cozumel. This early it was just trivia. After awhile it stopped raining hard and was just lightly sprinkling so I went up to deck 10 to watch our approach. It was too windy and cold so I went down to deck 4 and watched a bit from there. Still sort of crappy. By 8:15 I was sort of antsy and Emmaline had expressed that she had never seen us come into port. We’re always there already when she wakes up. I went back to the room and those two sleepyheads started to rouse. We went to Cabana’s and had (cold) breakfast.

We went back to the room to get ready for our day. The clouds were starting to part and I used a little of my data I had gotten (pro-tip, get the free 50 on day one before you leave port) to check the weather. 11-3 looked to be our magic window. Online prior to our sailing I had booked what looked like a really fun little excursion. We had booked with Disney because it seemed like the safest option with everything going on. Well, then the week before the cruise we got an email from DCL that our excursion was cancelled. We went back to look at the list and there were very few options left and we weren’t really into any of them. Our daughter is 13 so she’s vaccinated and so we didn’t necessarily need to stick with a DCL excursion (and mostly we don’t, actually, and have had really good experiences outside DCL). So we scrambled about and I scoured through some threads on the DIS and found mention of Paradise Beach and had good recommendations. For $50/person it was all you could eat/drink and they had lots of activities and a nice beach area. Apparently it was about a 15 min taxi ride from the port and the taxi was $15. Great. I reserved our spots and we were set.

Since the weather was supposed to be good between 11-3, we got in the queue to disembark at 10 AM. It didn’t take long and by 10:10 our number was called to disembark. It started to rain again just as we did (figures) and the terminal building is this long winding two story thing and the tiles were SUPER slippery in the wet and we had to go up stairs and escalators and down and it was really confusing. As we were crossing a pedestrian bridge we looked down and saw Mile 9, Ironman Cozumel. Huh. An Ironman. This could be interesting. I’ve done two half-Ironmans (yes, that’s the plural) and the swim and bike legs of a full distance and that can really mess with traffic. It appeared that the road below us was closed.

The main thoroughfare through town was closed and not a taxi in sight. We walked for a bit to see if we could get to a road that wasn’t closed to find a taxi but the race was everywhere! We walked for nearly 30 minutes before we finally found an open road and some taxis. We had help from one local, one race spectator, and a group of tourists, but we finally got a taxi. Then our 15 minute drive turned into 30 minutes because of race traffic, but we finally made it and I realized I had forgotten to grab towels on my way off the ship. UGH. No worries, I could buy them at Paradise Beach for $25/each. I bought one, we settled in, ordered some drinks and got to the water. It was overcast, gloomy and a little chilly but Emmaline and I played around on the inflatable structures in the water for about 45 minutes while Roger relaxed on the beach. Then we were hungry so we went up to the restaurant to order lunch.

IMG_4902.jpegIMG_4906.jpeg

While waiting for lunch I noticed that my “waterproof” phone case was not so much waterproof. My phone seemed okay though. Lunch took a long time and was tasty, but the portions were super small. I wanted a bit more but I was wet and cold and it was raining again (so much for that window of nice weather from 11-3) and the food took so long that I didn’t want to order more and wait again. We decided to try some of the other activities like stand up paddle board and kayak. As we made our way down there, it started to thunder. So we waited a bit and my phone started to act up. It kept giving me an error about the camera and it started to get hot. Really hot. And it shut down and remained hot, like almost too hot to touch! Roger and Emmaline hadn’t brought their phones thinking one of us with a phone would be enough (lesson learned: always have a backup phone). We waited awhile longer but more thunder came. Finally at 1:30 we decided the clouds were looking really dark and the weather was not looking promising and we decided to go.

They called us a taxi and we waited for a taxi to come for 30 minutes. As we made our way back (again, should have been an hour drive) the sky opened up and it absolutely poured. There was water everywhere even causing some small flash floods around! People were wading through water that was nearly up to their knees in places on the street. The race continued on despite the rain and thunder (which is crazy because I’ve actually been pulled off a triathlon race course in those types of conditions - not an Ironman, but it was an olympic distance race here in Austin). An hour later (I’m not exaggerating) we finally made it back to the ship. Meanwhile my phone was still off but it wasn’t hot any more. I periodically tried to power it back up.

We showered and Roger ventured back out to grab something he had wanted at a local wine store while Emmaline and I watched tv and ordered room service: All Hands on Deck (which strangely only came with 4 crackers), fruit bowl and chocolate chip cookies. Room service was super fast this time - maybe 15 minutes. I’m used to it taking 30-40 minutes. Everything was great except we could have used more crackers and I didn’t feel like calling and asking for more.

Roger came back awhile later empty handed. Google Maps was completely wrong regarding the location of the shop., When we got back to real Internet, it turned out Google maps had it in the wrong spot and it was a 10 minute walk in the opposite direction. At some point my phone came back to life and I quickly transferred all my photos off it onto Roger’s phone. It seemed mostly okay. I was still getting an error about the front camera and now and then the screen would flash. What a day.

We changed into our pirate outfits and at 5 PM we decided to hit pirate trivia, which was actually different from the last time we did it, but I think the last time was 4-5 years ago. This pirate trivia was a little more of a mixed bag. The older one was harder, I feel like, and asked a lot of history questions about Blackbeard and such. We nearly won last time (we know a lot of about pirate history and we got second place), but this time we weren’t even close. Ah well. Being pirate night, we got a few pics in our pirate costumes (which we didn’t purchase). I forgot to mention we did take some formal portraits in our nice outfits the previous night. It didn’t indicate that it was formal night or anything in the Navigator, but night 2 is usually formal night or on the shorter cruises “optional dress-up” night. Even though it wasn’t indicated in the Navigator, we saw a lot of folks dressed up and taking advantage of the photographers and photo op in front of the tree (which we did purchase).

We went to dinner after that and enjoyed some of the pirate fun there. They had a cute little (very little, like 5 minutes) show that they put on. Tiana’s was a great place to have pirate night - perfect atmosphere. I’m not a huge fan of the pirate menu and our server had asked on night one if I enjoyed the Indian food onboard. I told him I loved it very much (having had it many nights in Europe and then again in the Southern Caribbean) but I told him I never wanted to put anyone out before when I’ve had it and certainly not now with things being so different. But he asked me again the second night and seemed really eager to get it for me so I agreed to have it on pirate night and again it was super yummy and I was so grateful. They always go above and beyond (and we always increase our tips accordingly).

IMG_4908.jpeg

After dinner we attended “A Pirate’s Life For Me” show in D-Lounge which was cute and fun. We changed clothes (we were done being pirates for the night) and went to see Disney Dreams in the Walt Disney Theatre. We’ve seen it several times before, but it’s always fun and I love some of the musical numbers. We arrived around 8:20 for the 8:30 show and there were very few seats left. I would say if you have a larger group, arrive early! Since they are only seating every other row and spacing out groups, it can get full, even with two nights. I suspect many people didn’t want to see it the second night in order to pack.

After the show we went back to the room for a bit to wait until it was time for fireworks. I had heard that they had two nights of fireworks and we would be assigned a night. This was not the case. There was only one night of fireworks and it was at 10:45. When we got to deck 10 at 10:30 it was already really full, but we were led to a spot that we were to stay on. The fireworks were very short, but they played Christmas music during them and it was cute. Not other show or anything - just the fireworks. We made our way back to our room and collapsed into bed. (After I put my workout clothes in the bathroom for the next morning.)

IMG_4706.jpeg

I'm so sorry you had bad weather! I was on the same cruise as you and we just did not have enough time to do everything, so we are enjoying reading along as we missed almost everything you have done so far, including the early morning workouts 😉

I'm so sorry you had bad weather! I was on the same cruise as you and we just did not have enough time to do everything, so we are enjoying reading along as we missed almost everything you have done so far, including the early morning workouts 😉

Lol. It's just part of who I am!

What did you all do in Cozumel? Were you impacted by the weather and/or triathlon?

We had unvaccinated kids, so we stayed on the ship for a pool day. Thunderstorms put a wrench in that for a few hours so we hung out in the room to try the room service.

Sea Day - Monday, November 22, 2021

I woke up before everyone else (we had gained an hour so I got a good night sleep) and quietly escaped up to the gym on deck 10. I was going to be teaching BODYPUMP the next day so I went through all my tracks and did the full workout. Lunges are really hard on a moving ship! Are you wondering about my phone? It was working! Hooray! After workout, Emmaline and Roger met me at Cabanas and the folks there just had to deal with stinky, sweaty me! We went back to the room and I showered and we started to pack things up. I got one suitcase packed with our dressy clothes, pirate costumes and other stuff we wouldn’t be needing.

IMG_4910.jpeg

At 10, Emmaline went to Edge while Roger and I went to “Brainteasers Trivia” in the Crown and Finn Pub. It was really hard. It wasn’t so much trivia as riddles and trick questions. We did terrible but it was still fun. After that, it was time to learn to draw Daisy. We came a few minutes early and Gus was drawing Marie who I adore so I tried my hand at it. I didn’t do too badly. Then he did Stitch and we also attempted that by just following along. Then we drew Daisy and after that Daisy came out and took photos with everyone and she was just the best Daisy ever. She was SUPER hamming it up. It was really hilarious.

IMG_4916.jpeg

After that it was time for lunch and we were DONE with Cabanas so we went to Tritans where I had my favorite lunch. The farfalle pasta was absolutely amazing. Roger liked his and Emmaline was also happy with her meal. Hot fresh food!

IMG_4920.jpeg

After that we took photos with Daisy and Donald in their cute outfits and immediately following them, Goofy and Pluto came out in their holiday outfits. They were super fun and we got cute photos. After that we went back to the room and did some more packing before Roger and I went to watch The Eternals in the Buena Vista Theatre. Emmaline went to Edge for awhile and also went to Villains Trivia, went to “Mousketeer Madness” (which is what they are calling “Who Wants to be a Mousketeer” these days), and had ice cream on deck 9. We both enjoyed the movie but the theatre was so incredibly cold, it was distracting. Honestly, everywhere on the ship was cold and I wore a sweater almost the whole cruise but the theatre was absolutely arctic. It was really distracting.

IMG_4932.jpeg
After the movie was over, it was almost time for dinner and my phone wasn’t working again. So I messed around with that for awhile and then continued packing until it was time for our final dinner - this time in Triton’s. I really love Triton’s. I think of all the restaurants onboard, it’s my favorite menu! We all enjoyed our meal very much and we bid our servers farewell. After dinner Emmaline desperately wanted to go to “Mousketeer Madness” again because she’s bound and determined to get her number called. It wasn’t called and I have to confess, I thought it was terribly boring. The questions were all pretty easy/obvious and more geared towards kids and it just felt like it dragged on forever. We went back to the room and finished packing. We got the suitcases put into the hallway, set our alarms for early (no early morning workout for me) and went to bed.

Last edited:
Disembarkation Day - Tuesday, November 23, 2021

I don’t have too much to say about our last day on board. We has asked our head server if we could possibly attend second breakfast (if you don’t say that in your hobbit voice, I’ll be a little disappointed) and he said he would squeeze us in. When I woke up, we were still coming into Galveston. Eventually everyone had to get up. We all got ready, packed the last of our things into our backpacks and went to Triton’s at 8:10. The atrium was a complete mess. People were everywhere. Triton’s wasn’t ready and people were waiting for their luggage tag to be called. What a crazy mess! Eventually we were directed to the side door of Triton’s and our head server got us a table with another serving team. They were fabulous and breakfast was hot and tasty. We finished up, said goodbye to our usual serving team and wished them well.

By then the atrium had cleared out and our luggage tag had already been called so we disembarked. We got our suitcases easily and there was no line at customs/immigration and they checked our passports and we went right on through. A shuttle back to the parking place was waiting for us so we hopped in. We had to wait about 10 minutes for them to fill it up, but that wasn’t too bad. We grabbed the car and made the drive back to Austin without incident. Upon arriving home, I ordered a new phone.

All in all, this wasn’t our best Disney cruise but we still had an enjoyable time, overall and I’m glad we got away. Cozumel was, obviously, a disaster, and we did feel like the variety of activities was a little limited. We really felt the loss of some of the more hands-on activities (stuff like the vegetable racing) and the variety entertainers. I forgot to write in my report that at one point we went and listened to a performer who played Sherman Brother’s songs in French Quarter Lounge. I can’t remember what night that was - it was between dinner and the showtime. I’m not sure if he was a third party contract entertainer or a Crew Member. He played piano in Tiana’s with that band as well so possibly the latter. He was quite good and we enjoyed his performance a lot.

The food was a mixed bag. Cabanas was not great. It’s never amazing, but with everything being cold all the time, it was really pretty awful. The crew was fabulous and very happy to be there. It sounds like their time away was tough. Our server said that he went home and worked on his family’s farm, but said that with some disdain. He said, while it was nice to be with his wife and daughter, he did not enjoy the work. The main dining rooms were good, though the menus could use a little updating, honestly. It would have been nice if they could have used the time away to do some reimagining there. I guess since we sail a lot we’re sort of ready for something new. Of course, then people would complain if their favorites were taken away.

In terms of safety, the masks were fine and most people adhered to the mask wearing. We felt relatively safe and we were glad for the reduced number of people on board. It didn’t feel empty or anything so those worried about that aspect, need not be concerned. I did have several moments of “what in the world are we doing, this is nuts!” We came away unscathed (It’s been a week so I would imagine we would know something by now) and I haven’t heard anyone on our cruise meet group on social media indicate anyone was sick.

Will we sail out of Galveston again? Probably not. It was close and that was nice, but we had to go so fast to get to Cozumel and the gulf was rough. The ship had a lot of motion and the wind was intense. The weather was mostly cold and we had rain multiple times. The interior of the ship was also colder than usual and it was super uncomfortable. The other itineraries out of Galveston are equally boring so we’ll probably stick with the more unique sailings. That said, our next cruise is on the Wish to Nassau and Castaway Cay! Well, that one’s not about the itinerary, it’s about the ship! After that, we return the Southern Caribbean on the Fantasy. Fingers crossed!

IMG_4753.jpeg

So glad you shared your report! I love the last photo of you three. <3
Wouldn't it have been funny if you saw a competitor at the triathlon that you know? I don't know if any locals raced there, but that would be random and fun.
Sorry the weather and Cabanas weren't 'magical.'

Thanks for taking the time to write this report :thumbsup2
I’m sorry you didn’t have better weather, it probably would have made for a better experience for you.

I wonder why they took your water? I’ve sailed out of Galveston four times and we always have a case of water and a case of Diet Coke and we’ve never had problems:confused3

Thanks for taking the time to write this report :thumbsup2
I’m sorry you didn’t have better weather, it probably would have made for a better experience for you.

I wonder why they took your water? I’ve sailed out of Galveston four times and we always have a case of water and a case of Diet Coke and we’ve never had problems:confused3

Yah, I think the weather really mucked things up, especially in Cozumel. We had rainy weather in Alaska too but it wasn't a big deal because we weren't trying to be in the water/do beach things.

They only took the water that wasn't already sealed. We had bottles of open water with us. We weren't trying to carry on bottled water. We like the purified ship water just fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!